Prologue: The Magical Girl Gets Purposefully Lost In The Merchant City
116 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue: The Magical Girl Gets Purposefully Lost In The Merchant City

A sense of wonder was within my mind as I saw the city from a distance, it could be said that it was almost shining, from afar I could see the crystal towers that protruded in the sky. The gate was gold in color and the walls were grand bronze color if I wanted to call this city heaven it would be accurate. Of course I had made Honoka-chan go back into my dimensional space with everyone walking down the road with carriages and groups of people as well. It was a well made brick road that would have made me driving down it so much more fun (she had already built a far superior road from nothing with the transformation of Honoka-chan into a hotrod).

“You are right about me being amazed, its such a pretty city”

“That’s not all, there’s more to it than what meets the eye”

“I see, you meant that in a hidden sense”

“Umu”

“Stolas do you understand what Liz is talking about?”

“No, not in the slightest.”

“Shizu?

“Its my first time to the Mashwell Merchant City”

We were getting closer and closer to the gate and continued talking as usual, upon reaching the gate however we started encountering some issues.

“Wait, do you have registration?Are you an adventurer?”

“Yes here is our cards”

“Okay”

The gate guard looked at our adventurer IDs and nodded before staring at us lewdly.

“I am sure high rank adventurers such as yourselves can pay 10 gold right?”

“10 GOLD?!WHAT DO YOU ME-“

“Yup, here have a rainbow gold coin”

“SAE?!”

“EH?!”

Shizu and the gate guard shouted in surprise as I randomly threw some expensive money to see how this bastard would react. It was just as expected he was extorting us and wanted to go down that “route” if we didn’t have the money, unfortunately for him I had mountains of money waiting in my dimensional space I could proudly say I had a national treasure in there since we did explore some dungeons before reaching here.

“But excuse me, I would like my change if that doesn’t bother you”

“W-Wait just a moment!”

He ran back inside of the room close to the gate which made everyone in the line laugh a lot, I stared back and decided to count the number of people waiting in line. About 20 or so people waiting, it should be okay if I do this.

“HEY GUARD!!”

“YES I AM COMING WITH THE CHANGE!!!”

He ran back with a sack of gold in his hands and I smirked evilly as I pulled out 20 more rainbow gold coins.

“I am also paying for the people in the back so please hurry up and give them their portions of gold too once we are done here. Don’t try to pull any hijinks because that rainbow gold will alert the nearest noble that you were playing dirty just by alerting the knights of the region’s rainbow gold system.”

He was sweating buckets at this point and began to run back inside. Everyone was laughing of course because it could be that he extorted them a lot of times when they wanted to get inside. They all thanked me and I merely nodded in response. All that I said about the rainbow gold system was true too, it was a sacred gold that used by the government and those it trusted in his positions such as rank A adventurers thus it would be immediately put into the account of the city instead of lining the pockets of the corrupt guards because once one rainbow gold coin has been declared missing the magic within it will alert the nearby knights there was a theft that took place. This is why rainbow gold is so feared when you use it because the common person can’t do anything to it and would have to return gold to the said people. I had made sure I had given the 20ish people some item bags I don’t know any of them but I am sure they are regulars such as the old man who keeps on thanking me because of it or the adventurers who are crying from receiving that much gold. It feels good to do something honorable. 

Poor corrupt gate guard-san is so so tired lol. Serves him right, I started to walk with everyone smiling as I did so.

“Sae where are you going?”

“I am not convinced that this city is all glitter and glam so I will look for the slums of this place, probably help out the poor folk”

“Awww”

“Besides some wise hats from the guard saw me and are thinking I am a noble’s rich kid who paid her way up to A rank so I got that to take care of. See you guys later”

I wondered off from the main road and began to look for places that could be considered another zone of living entirely. From what I could see the people dressed up pretty well yet they looked quite hungry. So this city of crystals is hiding something huh?Once I saw a wall that had a different color to it I smiled since I had found the slimes, I passed right through it and there it was a third world country level poverty stricken slum. 

“You can quit hiding now, I know you’re there”

“Then you know what you should do right?”

“Yes, beat the ever living shit out of you all”

I grinned as I smacked my fist into my palm ready to fight these hooligans.

2