Chapter 23: The Magical Girl Does a Little Bit Of Charity Work
92 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 23: The Magical Girl Does a Little Bit Of Charity Work

Loud footsteps accompanied by screams could be heard running away inside of the slums, they knew she was strong but didn’t expect her to be this strong. This had to be reported to the lord of this city if they couldn’t do at least that then this fake paradise would be ruined. The best form of escaping was split up and allow her to catch only one of them, but reality wasn’t that kind to them. For some reason they all kept on running in the same group no matter what they did, the horrible implication she used magic on them to get them as close as possible. The people of the slums would be out to see what is going on but that wasn’t the case, no one was coming out, they kept on running infinitely without much of the scenery changing. 

“WHAT IS GOING ON?!”

“I DON’T KNOW BUT IT FEELS LIKE THE SLUMS HAVE CHANGED SOMEHOW!”

“YOU MEAN?!”

“You’re all under my spell so suck it up”

“““?!”””

They all react in the same way as Sae descends from one of the roofs of the buildings, she quickly grabs ahold of the first hoodlum and throws him off easily to the ground. They all stop before a golden afterglow speeds towards them with an open palm that twists into claw she sends pure raw mana through the second’s body which causes him to fall down unconscious.

“So what will it be?You tell me what is happening or I get to have some fun with you?”

“I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU!!”

“Yeah, yeah quit shaking then”

“Y-You don’t understand”

Sae suddenly has twin handguns in her hands with a dangerous smirk she stares him down with eyes that are filled with curiosity.

“These bullets can render body parts utterly useless, I’ll start with your dominant arm”

She shoots at his arm first which immediately drops the sword that he was holding, she starts with a sense of ease as she watches him scream with buckets of sweat dripping down his body.

“Wait wait wait wait wait!I will tell you everything I know”

“Okay then I am glad you are cooperating”

“We were sent by the lord of this city to spy and possibly kill the people who brought the rainbow gold coins”

“Right”

She shoots his other arm and he screams yet again.

“Why’d you do that for?!I AM TELLING THE TRUTH”

“I felt like it, I guess this city is as I thought, Oh well.”

She shoots his other legs and the other members who had passed out from her attacks.

“Wait you’re not going to leave us like this are you?!”

“Why should I feel sorry for criminals I bet there’s people who were waiting for you to get down from your high horse. You are now crippled and everyone who is your enemy in the slums are definitely going to be happy. Be glad you even got live”

Sae returns the background back to normal as she walks away from the place, life goes back to the streets as people surround the criminal who is now begging them to spare him of the beating but they beat him up anyway.

This place is the worst, people are hungry and they are all dirty and wearing clothes which are essentially rags. I feel kind of bad for the people who live here, yosh its decided I am going to make the people of here live better lives. The slums population is about 320 people, I should manage it. First thing I need to do is rest its already night time and I am not planning on falling on my feet just yet. Of course I couldn’t expect any inns inside of the slums and I wasn’t willing to sleep in a flophouse any time soon. Using my mapping spells I mean skills I located a nearby orphanage I could renovate to be my base. The place was shaken up but big enough to be really good, the kids were playing outside even though it was clearly night time. They all stopped as I waved at them with a smile, I entered the orphanage and could hear some crying inside. The place was looking like it had seen its worst, and I can guess that the women inside were crying they couldn’t provide the children with anything.

“Um hello”

“Ah..”

“….”

Two nuns were in the room that was supposed to look like a kitchen but it was too broken down to look like anything right now so I just invaded their little private time. After wiping their tears I walked up to them and sat in one of the chairs crossing my legs as I do so.

“What may we help you with Miss..”

“Call me Sae”

“Miss Sae do you want to adopt?”

“No, I actually want to help the children of this place”

“How?”

“Don’t tell me you want to….”

“No, I am not that kind of person I genuinely want to help the kiddies who are playing outside without a single care of what is going on. Firstly I may need to renovate this place a little would you please come with me outside”

The nuns had come with me outside, every child of varying ages were already outside of the orphanage, the older kids were supervising the young ’uns who were playing inside of the broken down walls of their home. I smiled as I activated the Svadilfari spell that covered the entire orphanage as a pale blue horse that starts on the roof of the orphanage. In rapid speed it begins to renew everything making the orphanage even bigger than it was before, everything was new again as if we were reopening the whole thing. Of course the color of the orphanage had to be black in color refined using a certain paint that didn’t get damage over time, the wood would not fall to the corruption of worms and the like, the walls themselves were made from a magic material used to shield great heroes from highly offensive attacks. 

“Hey Svadilfari!Please provide food and clothing for everyone as well!”

It nodded as it entered the somewhat of a mansion of an orphanage after scanning everyone and filled the pantry with the needed food, enough to last centuries since children will continue to come here because of how unknown circumstances and they’ll be many if this war with the Demon King takes places. I patted Svadilfari on the head and made it rest at the front of the gate.

“Alright kids let’s go take a bath”

I had installed a Roman style of bath room was inside of there with a couple of elements that come from home, it must’ve been like a wonderland for them since this place became new again and the nuns were astonished that I a random person could do this.

“How can we ever repay you?”

“I am an adventurer so I am pretty well off. I’ll stay here for a while”

“You mean to say you chose this orphanage so you could rest aren’t there cheap inns in the outer region of the slums?”

“I didn’t feel like sleeping in a cheap bed and besides if I am making someone happy isn’t that worth it?”

“…..”

The nuns were holding back their tears after hearing what I said, I continued to walk to the bathroom which had a lobby where we could change out of our clothes. This will be good for the slums too, I began washing myself right after teaching the nuns and the kids how to wash themselves. The water will never get dirty since it has some magic qualities.

“Whoa!My knee is all healed up!”

One child said as I nodded to their sounds of surprise, I closed my eyes as I sunk my body even deeper in the hot spring like waters. 

“Please excuse us Sae-sama”

“Hmm?”

I froze for a moment as I stared at two beauties with fairly lean muscled bodies. The older one had the charm of a mature woman and the other was like me but much more taller I guess.

“Who are you and where did you come from?”

“You’re so funny Sae-sama but it is us the nuns who you saw in the kitchen and came with you in this glorious bath house, I am afraid we never gave our introductions. I am Silve and she is Vale”

“Ohhhhh then what happened to you?!”

“I believe these waters have returned us to a healthy state of body”

“Ah”

“We are much better now and believe we can take care of this place for ages to come”

“The water is so nice and look the children are smiling”

“That was my goal all along though”

After bathing and dressing into better clothes we headed to the dining room where food was waiting for everyone, I beat they’ll love curry since that is delicious no matter where you go. I began to eat the food ignoring the tears of the children and the nuns. A golem takes the plates and begins to wash them clean.

“I’ll head to bed everyone good night”

I went up to a room that I made specially for myself that had a large bed, I fell onto the bed and knocked out. I did good today, tomorrow I will continue to do even more good. 

2