Chapter 24: The Magical Girl Fixes The Slums And Joins A Sting Operation!
149 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24: The Magical Girl Fixes The Slums And Joins A Sting Operation!

The morning came and with it clear amazement the people of the slums had never seen the orphanage look so clean before, from its walls to its brick layered road, it was a masterpiece and obvious if not increasing bewilderment had assaulted all of them. What had taken place here?Who had done this?Was it some new lord that had taken this as their residence and they were now living in close proximity to them to make them suffer?

Those questions couldn’t be answered unless someone went out of the door, the black door opened and one of the nuns exited it. This was the older and more reserved Silve who took over the position after the director of the orphanage died of old age, she was a well composed woman in her late twenties but right now she looked even younger. She seemed even more gorgeous than before. Her body was something that every man couldn’t stop looking at because no matter how well she was dressed to hide those curves they would come out no matter what, she had to accept that, everyone had to accept it as well. One of the women walked up to hear to strike a conversation with her.

“Um Silve-san”

“Ah good morning”

“Morning, what happened to the orphanage and particularly to you. You are practically shining”

“Well we met an angel who decided to help us in our time of need and our prayers have been answered”

“An angel?”

“Yes she is currently sleeping”

“Its not some new lord who has come to check on our suffering?”

“Good heavens no! Sae-sama is a blessing from the heavens she has made our lives effectively better”

“S-Sae-sama?”

“Yes she is an adventurer who created this very beautiful place for us to live and provided us with food and clothing as well as a bath.”

“A BATH?!”

Bathing in the slums was very uncommon, bath tubs were very expensive to buy and if you were known to have a bath tub you were murdered for it. The woman in front of Silve was anxious about why she was saying such information so easily, she appeared to be even glowing and felt like a real saint. Her smile was comforting to look at.

“Now if you will excuse me I have to finish what I am doing and go make breakfast for the children.” 

“O-Okay I apologize”

She began sweeping the leaves from the once dying tree which had suddenly come alive with a broom. Once she was done she disappeared within the mansion, everyone kept on staring and waited to see what would happen next, after what was like thirty minutes a single figure came out with the children playing in the large space of the orphanage. She wore a black dress which seemed to be made out of some high quality fabric and boots of the same color, she had an Eastern sword hanging at her left side tapping the handle with a slight impatience, most importantly she had a witch hat which indicated that she was a sorcerer. She sighs before walking out into the gate where everyone stood opening it without a single care in the world. 

“Good morning to all of you, I have an offer I will make you live the same lives like these kids but you have to do something for me”

“S-Sell our souls?”

“No, I just need to know who is the ruler of this place that’s all”

“The ruler of the slums huh?I will aid you”

“Oh?”

A man with a black shirt that was dirty just like everyone else’s and had worn out bandages all over his arms, his body was built like a body builder’s and he had a pretty intimidating face. One could say that he could get work as a mercenary or an adventurer judging from his body alone.

“My name is Xander but the people around here call me Xan, I am a former mercenary whose arms have been fucked up pretty badly I would like to have them healed by you if you can do that”

“Sure but why are you helping these people”

“Because they’ve helped me more than I realized and I am in debt to them as a result. I personally know the people responsible for their suffering thus I want to be as much help as I possibly can”

“Right I guess that makes sense, alright then. Let’s make this shit hole into a very good place to raise kids in”

Sae leapt into the air activating the skill Svadilfari and riding it with ease. She then prompts the horse to run across the skies to transform this place into a living conditions that are similar to the outside region with the food of course. Svadilfari neighs in agreement as it runs rapidly with a trailing white dust falling onto the buildings and people themselves. The decrepit buildings were being remodeled to look better than they did before, the dirt filled streets were cleaned and bricks of fine craft were laid in place of the old one, the food which was diminishing in number was finally starting to increase with time, their crops had improved in the presence of the divine horse Svadilfari. This was only just the beginning as even the clothes that the people of the slums wore were far better, they each had a fair amount of clothes to change in, those who were sick before were now cured and light returned to the faces of those who had been on their deathbeds because of the illnesses that they had been experiencing. After the deed was done Sae finally returned and got off of Svadilfari who nodded proudly before returning. 

“All’s well that ends well, time we made things hush a little from the side of the ruler. Hey Xan are you ready?”

“Uh um Yes I am, I didn’t think that you would easily do it I guess when you have power you can do anything you want.”

“I am an irregular in my field so do not use me as an example”

Sae said so she could avoid the flag of meeting more eccentric people other than herself and began to walk in the direction that Xan had began trailing off to. According to Xan the slums weren’t always as bad as what they were before Sae came to them, they were rather normal looking and people could live much more healthily and safely when the eyes of certain people weren’t on them. However that all changed when the lord of the city had his position usurped by his incompetent son injuring his older brother so he could not do much to him, the evidence was shown in the conditions of the slums and the people outside of them. They were starving whilst wearing expensive clothing and acting like they were happy with their lives, for this to go by without any incident Sae would have to replace the current ruler of the slums.

“So you were planning on leading a rebellion using the mercenaries inside of the slums once you’ve healed them?”

“Yes that was my plan, it was what I wanted to do but it seems like it would have taken years before being executed however you came along and changed everything”

“Nice, you don’t need so many though”

“How come?”

“How come?You have me after all I am an entire army combined. You’re one lucky merc Xan”

“Hahahaha I guessed as much”

Using a bar as a front the underworld was just this way, one would know the name of The Lady’s Touch, it was synonymous with the words “Crime Lord”. People didn’t recklessly enter this place unless they wanted to die but the remains of the cracked door were evidence that there were some really crazy nut jobs out there and this witch girl who had enough strength to break it down in the first place stood in front of the Thundering Cloud Xan who was cracking his knuckles. 

“G-GET THEM!”

A delayed response was what cost them their lives as the witch girl ran towards them with her eastern sword in hand and unsheathes it just in time to cut up the thugs in the room, with fists glowing red Xan was punching down those who came close to him. One of the thugs who was a former mage inside of a B rank party began chanting out a spell to kill the girl who then takes one of the beer bottles laying around and throws it at him. It smashes right into his face causing him to scream as the glass embeds itself on his face, a kick is done right on top of the glass sending them into his skull and leaving him for dead. She leaps high enough to reach the ceiling with her katana glowing as it transforms into a battle axe with a dangerous look in her eyes as she drops on the unfortunate souls who are caught in the impact, with heavy lunges that could not be anticipated from a woman like her they are chopped into pieces before the axe changes into a scythe when the fast thieves come to kill her. Xan stops to stare in amazement as she mows them rapidly with fast swings and quick spins that send their body parts flying everywhere. The bar is left in shambles with no thug left alive as the two invaders kick down the door leading into the basement where the boss was supposed to be, obviously they are met with resistance. 

“Well well well if it isn’t his Ma-?!”

The girl had already sent an arrow to the speaking figure which then explodes and kills everyone who were near that person. Xan sighs as he grabs a piece of bread and a bowl of soup as he watches the thugs get slaughtered by this girl who seems to be an expert at this kind of stuff, like a violent wind she breezes past them with her katana which she sheathes back into her scabbard making her nod as she smiles with blood and guts flying everywhere excluding the place where Xan was.

“All done”

“I knew you were strong but this is rather too much”

“Yeah I often told that”

“So beyond here is the boss’s room?”

“Pretty much”

She cuts open the iron magic enforced door with ease and begins walking inside, they see a man surrounded by guards wearing armor and carrying high level weapons seated on a throne was the target above him were guests of some sort.

“Impressive strength, I-I admit I haven’t seen anything like it, would you like to be my right hand lady we could rule this world together”

“Nah I am not fit to be a shitty underworld dog, its not my style”

“Arrogant fool do you know who you are fucking messing with here?!I am Gorzoff I am backed up by the lord of this city!!”

“All the more reason to kill you right?You’re just a minor inconvenience to the people of the slums”

From her fingertips long sharp claws appear in place of her katana as the knights approach her, using the reflexes Sae trained to the extremest degree he slashed at the first guard who dropped his sword at him with her claws piercing into his neck and not breaking her momentum she uses his body to block the sword of the next guard and stabs him through using her katana which reforms in her hand. Sae leaps forward and slides below the huge frame guard who gets his legs sliced off with the daggers that form in her hands, she throws such daggers at the next guard who drops dead before he could land a hit on her. The next two afraid to even touch Sae cast the lightning and fire ball spells at her, this doesn’t hinder her movement as she touches them midair and absorbs them next two shots from her handgun of similar disposition to lightning and fire is shot out and kills the final two elite guards. There is silence as Sae stood alone behind her was a pile of bodies the guests were perplexed with what they had seen so was Gorzoff who froze as he watched his men die in less than ten minutes. This girl who didn’t care about ruling the underworld suddenly fought back and killed all his men on the whim of protecting the people of slums was walking towards him with an intimidating aura that made him shrink back in terror.

“P-PLEASE SPARE ME I WILL TURN OVER A NEW LEAF”

“Yeah yeah I don’t care about you, just die already”

Sae cut him in half along with his throne of gold and back to walk back to the entrance.

“All’s well that ends well right?”

“Y-Yeah”

Sae smiles as she sees that the night time was about to come and walks out of the bar, this would cause the lord of the city to be alarmed and be afraid for his life as the knights find the body of the man they were looking for. This was a message coming from someone who clearly resented him and he didn’t know who that was.

1