22. Goblin’s Menace.
17 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shriek! Growl!

The screams of dying goblins echoed throughout the cave as Kirito killed them with his sword.

Meanwhile, Rev used [Mana Bullet] to shoot the goblins and [Synchronisation] to kill the hobgoblins. All while the priestess slept in his arms like a princess.

{You have killed a hobgoblin. X3}

{You have killed a goblin. X7}

{You have killed...}

{You have earned...}

He used the [Silence] spell on the priestess' ears to ensure that no sound got inside and awoke her.

Shuaaa… Shuaaa…

Kirito continued to slaughter the goblin warriors on the periphery when suddenly hundreds of arrows flew towards him, aiming to pierce him to death. 

[Mana Dome.]

Seeing this, Rev manipulated Mana and created a dome like structure to protect Kirito and himself.

Clatter! Clatter!

The arrows crumbled as soon as they struck the dome.

{Ding!}

{New skill detected...}

'Stop the notifications for now.'

As soon as the arrows stopped, Rev used [Mana Bullet] along with [Multiply] and annihilated all the goblin archers.

After killing all the goblins in the periphery, they finally entered the inner region.

It was pandemonium inside the territory; the male goblins were frantically running here and there to gather weapons, while the female and infant goblins were running to the opposite side of the stronghold.

[Multiple Mana Bullet.]

Rev killed all the panicking goblins in the midst of the mayhem by creating bullets using Mana, ensuing a strange and abrupt silence across the battlefield. 

Kirito looked back at Rev with his mouth hanging open in shock. He stared at Rev as if he were looking at a monster.

Kree! Shriek!

The remaining goblins and hobgoblins growled in rage and terror. The goblin lord suddenly appeared in the middle of this and stepped forward, glaring at Rev with a menacing gleam in his eyes.

The goblins organised themselves in the presence of their lord.

'Tch! This is irritating. If my Mana Cultivation were a bit stronger, I would have dispatched them all by now.' 

Rev sighed in frustration. He liked to fuck beauties, not kill ugly monsters.

Back to the battlefield.

The goblin lord ordered the hobgoblins to attack Kirito, while the goblin knights held off Rev.

Our protagonist, Kirito, of course, took care of the hobgoblins with ease. He was a protagonist after all, and if he couldn't do even that, then

Rev would start to question reality itself, as there was no way an MC would learn that slowly.

Meanwhile, Rev simply used [Synchronisation] to attack the goblin knights when suddenly a multitude of magic spells were thrown at him out of nowhere, startling him a bit.

'If I remember correctly, then it must be the goblin shamans.' He remembered that in the Anime, the shamans were also a part of the goblin forces.

"I am in a pinch here. Can you take care of the shamans?" Seeing that Kirito had mostly finished the hobgoblins, Rev asked for help.

"On it!" Kirito replied as he dissected the final hobgoblin in half from head to toe.

At the same time, Rev created another [Mana Dome] to protect himself and the sleeping beauty in his arms.

The magic spells hit the dome and disappeared as Rev multi-casted [Synchronisation] with the weapons spread across the battlefield and attacked the goblin knights.

Screee! Shrieeek!

The goblin knights screamed to death from Rev's attacks.

While this was happening, Kirito dashed towards the shamans that had suddenly appeared behind them and engaged them with his sword, forcing them to focus all of their attention on him as they attacked him with their full arsenal.

Growl! 

The goblin lord, on the other hand, became increasingly furious, seeing his forces being killed like chickens. He raised his mace and charged towards Rev.

Multiple flying swords tried to block his path but failed as the goblin lord bulldozed through them, reaching a hitting distance from Rev.

The goblin lord swung his mace fiercely at Rev, but around ten swords bound together and blocked the hit.

Rev couldn't really move according to his wishes as the priestess was still in his arms. So he opted to resort to his sword technique.

"To die by my sword. Consider it an honor goblin." Rev muttered as a swordsman should.

[Omni-Origin Sword Art.]

Rev slowly positioned his finger in a sword stance. At the same time, a hovering sword suddenly changed its course and positioned itself in sync with the finger.

[First Stance…]

The sword glowed in deep purple for a moment, giving the goblin lord a chill down his spine.

[Silent Nullification!]

Zuup! Slash!

*CHOP*

The sword descended silently and diagonally landed upon the goblin lord, slaying him in half.

Puchi! Slush!

Thud!

The goblin lord puked a mouthful of blood as half of his body slid down and fell with a resounding thud.

In the meantime, Kirito also annihilated the shamans.

{Ding!}

{You have killed a goblin. X23}

{You have earned 0.1 points for slaying the goblin. X23}

{You have killed a hobgoblin. X17}

{You have earned 0.15 points for slaying the hobgoblin. X17}

{You have killed a goblin knight. X8}

{You have earned 0.18 points for slaying the goblin knight. X8}

{You have killed the goblin lord.}

{You have earned 0.2 points for slaying the goblin lord.}

= = = = =

{Would you like to register the new skills?}

{Yes/No.}

'Nope.'

"Why is the mission not ending?" Kirito frowned and asked.

"I think I know." Rev answered as he moved towards a secluded area on the other side that was well hidden from their sight and removed a boulder, revealing the group of infant and female goblins.

"So, what are we going to do with these?" Rev asked, pointing at the goblins.

Kirito faltered for the first time since entering the cave. "Do we have to kill them?"

'Yup! You definitely are a MC.' He mused as he continued, "Well, if you can't do it, I can."

At the same time, he summoned [Mana Bullets] ready to send the leftover goblins into oblivion.

But…

Kirito intervened and stopped him from releasing his spell as he said, "I think let's just leave them in the forest. It will be too cruel to kill…"

Kirito was stopped in the midst of his sentence as a goblin child attacked him from behind with a hidden dagger and pierced his liver.

Argh!

'Hahaha! That scene from the Anime really repeated itself in such a form.' Rev laughed seeing the shocked expression of Kirito.

At the same time, Rev used [Mana Bullets] and killed them all in cold blood without any mercy.

{You have killed...}

{You have earned...}

= = = = = 

{Ding!}

{Congratulations!}

{You have cleared the mission: Goblin's Menace.}

{You have fulfilled the hidden condition to receive a title.}

{You have received the title 'Goblin Slayer'!}

{Title Description: When fighting goblins or related species, your abilities will be enhanced by 50%. Goblins will inherently fear you.}

{You may now collect the rewards!}

= = = = =

"You okay?" Rev asked Kirito.

"Yeah!" Kirito replied wryly as he used a Healing Potion on himself.

After that, they went to the goblin warehouse to find their rewards.

{You have received 1000 Gold.}

{You have received +2 Reputation.}

{You have received Goblin's Loot.}

{Would you like to open the loot?}

"Go ahead." Rev replied.

{You have received 'Amulet of Honor'.}

{Amulet of Honor: Legendary- Amulet worn by a hero of ancient times. Provides a 100% boost to Stamina and Endurance when Health reaches below 10%.}

{You have received 'Glyph's Earring'.}

{Glyph's Earring: Epic- An earring belonging to the princess of the Glyph race. Can teleport the user anywhere within a 100-meter radius. 5 minutes delay per use.}

{You have received 'Truth Serum'.}

{Truth Serum: Epic- Made by a legendary alchemist who did deep research on monsters and created this serum. The person upon whom the serum will be used will only speak the truth and nothing else. One time use only.}

{You have received 'Beauty Potion'.}

{Beauty Potion: Rare- Created by Miss Aincrad of a distant era. It can make anyone who uses this potion a true beauty for eternity. Its user will not only gain a perfect face but will also gain a perfectly balanced body suited to their soul. One time use only.}

{You have received 'Moonlight Sword'.}

{Moonlight Sword: Rare- It is simply destruction in the form of a sword. Sealed by Sages to stop people from being corroded by its nature. Unsealing possibilities: 2.3%.}

Both Rev and Kirito were quite excited to see the rewards they got.

"We can divide the Gold in half. As for the artifacts, let's select one potion each along with either the Amulet or the other two options. What do you say?" Rev proposed.

"Hmm. We can do that."

"So what will you take?" Rev asked.

"I will take the Amulet along with the Truth Potion." Kirito selected.

"Alright then. I will take the rest."

After dividing the treasures, they decided to leave the emptied cave, marking the end of their mission.

…..

>> Within 5 to 10 chapters, the first dimension-travel will commence. I have already created drafts for both scenarios, as I am planning to visit both worlds anyway. So comment and stay tuned!

>> Check out my other work. I am sure you will definitely like it very much.

Title- LONE: The Journey Beyond

1