Chapter 20 – Main mission completed.
963 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After we finished packing my bags, we were finally ready to move, but that would not happen until tomorrow morning. Now that everything was ready, I would prepare dinner.

Rias offered to do this, but I didn't allow it. I was happy, so I wanted to cook. Okay, she is a better cook than me, but I wanted to surprise her with the Brazilian cuisine I learned from my mother.

She was not Brazilian, but she liked the culture a lot. And one thing Brazilians eat a lot is rice, beans, a steak with onions and fries. It's a typical Brazilian dish that people eat for lunch.

"Sure, middle-class people."

"Hm?"

"It's nothing. I was talking to myself. I was thinking about the Brazilians."

"The Brazilians? Why?"

"Because I'm preparing a Brazilian dinner tonight. Didn't I tell you?"

"Yes, but... Isn't that just rice with meat?"

"Well... Yes... And canned beans."

"That sure won't be good."

"When my mother made it for me, it always tasted great, so I'm sure it will taste good," I told Rias. I was confident that I could make good food. I have to be confident.

"If you say...I'm hungry, then make it fast."

"All right, all right, just sit down and wait."

Rias shrugged and soon went to the living room. She lay on the couch, waiting for the food to be ready. I honestly don't know how she can lie on that couch. It is very uncomfortable.

'But does it matter? No.'

So I started to focus on preparing the food. I seasoned the meat and then put it in the pot, sealing the meat. I couldn't let it overcook, or the meat would get tough.

And meanwhile, I took the beans and put them in a pan to heat them. As for the rice, it too was almost ready. Since I didn't have a rice maker, I made it in the pot.

You have to be very careful not to burn it.

And after a few more minutes, everything was ready. I got a tomato and put it together with some lettuce leaves to go with it. It's always good to eat food that has a good salad.

"Rias, it's ready."

"Oh, right. I hope the taste is as good as the smell and appearance." Rias said as he approached me. Yes, it smells good and it's pretty, but only taste matters.

"Shall we eat?"

So we ate together and enjoyed the beautiful Brazilian dinner I had prepared. It was perfect.

####

I woke up the next day in a great mood. As soon as I got up, I brushed my teeth and changed my clothes. Rias was still sleeping, and I wanted to get everything ready before I woke her up.

I took all my bags downstairs. I took the sheets off my bed and got the pillows. I had also decided to take my bed, even if it was old, because the more beds, the better.

"But I have to call someone to carry the beds to the new house. I will hire a transport service for that."

And now that everything was downstairs, I prepared breakfast and then went upstairs to call Rias. However, when I entered her room, she was already awake and had also removed the sheet from her bed.

"You want this, don't you?" She said.

"Yes. Breakfast is ready; come down when you want to eat."

"Okay, I'll come down right now."

"Okay." I took the sheet and went downstairs. I put it in the same bag as the other sheets and then sat on the couch to eat breakfast. I had prepared some toast and coffee.

I also had some fruit, but it was a little old.

And after we both had breakfast, I asked Rias to disguise again so we could go to our new home. We will carry the bags with our hands since there were not many.

I will hire a transport service to carry the beds.

####

"We're finally here." I opened the fence gate with one of the main keys, and we walked the stone path until we reached the entrance. I put the bags I was carrying on the floor and then unlocked the front door.

As soon as I opened the door, I noticed it was much cleaner. "They probably cleaned the house yesterday, didn't they?"

"Yes, they always clean the house when a new person rents."

"I see. Where I rented my house last time, they didn't do that. I had to clean it."

"At least you did a good job; your house is very clean even though it's old."

"Thank you..." I smiled bitterly and took off my slippers before stepping inside. The floor was very clean. It would be an insult to step with my dirty slippers on it. But unlike me, Rias didn't mind.

But she was wearing shoes; it would not be easy to take them off now, especially with a bag in each hand. I feel bad I'm making her carry it for me, but I couldn't carry it alone.

And after we put all the bags on the living room floor, I could finally say that I had moved out and was now living in a "mansion.

Without thinking twice, I threw myself on the couch. "Haaa~~" I sighed when I noticed how comfortable the sofa was. Rias, watching me, also decided to do the same thing. Like a child, she threw herself on the other couch.

"Oh, this is so comfortable, so different from the couch in your other house." She said with a smile on her face.

"Isn't it?!!!" I couldn't deny that.

[ Main mission completed ]

[ $6000 has been added to your available money ]

 

Get the latest chapters faster on my patreon. Support me on patreon to keep me motivated to write more chapters: www.patreon.com/ParodyGirl

22