Chapter 31 – Fame.
462 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was in shock, but I ran to where Goku was. "Let's get out of here, now!" I grabbed his arm and pulled him away. He didn't understand the gravity of what he had done.

He had just killed a lot of people. Yet even I couldn't fully understand the extent of it. I was too shocked to think. I just wanted to get out of here as fast as possible.

We arrived where I had left Rias in just a second.

Rias is a fantastic girl. She had found some people and had placed them all on the sidewalk. She had used her recovery ability on all.

"Erick, what happened? What was that noise?"

"This damn fool, he destroyed a building without any reason."

"..."

"That building was full of people! The screams of those people can't get out of my head. Let's get out of here as fast as possible!" I hugged Rias and levitated away.

Goku didn't know what to say. He was silent the whole time as he flew right behind me.

I could feel Rias's hands caressing my back. She is trying to comfort me somehow.

"Some helicopters are coming this way. Dodge it, Goku!"

"Right!"

We passed three military helicopters that had arrived to support the population. I heard some gunshots, so I started moving in a zig-zag motion.

They had tried to kill us. I didn't know if Ki would protect me, so I didn't want to risk being hit by a gunshot. Fortunately, we were much faster than the helicopters and escaped.

'We are being treated like enemies by them... Fortunately, I don't think they could see our faces.' We arrived at my house sometime later. I landed in front of the main door.

There was no one on the street, probably the information about what had happened had already spread, and everyone was scared.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I kicked the couch in the living room and put my hands over my head. "Why did you do that, Goku? Why did you throw that damn monster into that building? Can't you use your brain? It was full of people inside that place!"

I walked over to Goku and faced him.

"But..."

"Do you realize what you've done? Damn it. It's my fault. I'm the one who summoned you. It's my fault!"

"Erick, that's enough! It wasn't your fault! You didn't do anything!"

"Of course I did! I brought this idiot into this world, and he killed many innocent people. Kids died, you understand? Kids! Do you know how desperate those people must have felt?"

Then I was hugged by Rias. She hugged me tightly.

"It's okay. You're not to blame for anything." She stroked my head. "You two already killed all those monsters, and no one knows who you are. We'll go on living as before."

"Those cops, they saw Goku. They saw Goku destroy that building."

"I didn't mean to. I didn't think it was all going to collapse."

"Shut up and go stay with your friend. I'll stay with him." Rias said in a firm tone. Goku walked away without saying anything. I was shocked that Rias dared to confront him like that.

"I'm feeling better."

"Would you like me to make you some tea?"

"Yeah, sure."

"All right, wait for me here." Rias went to the kitchen, where she started preparing the tea. I sat on the couch, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. I was going to lie down, but I realized the laptop was on the couch.

Feeling quite nervous with those images still in my head, I grabbed the laptop to do something to distract myself... But when I turned it on, an alert appeared in the bottom right corner of the screen.

It was an alert about the portal and the monsters.

As soon as I clicked on it, a page opened in the browser, which had all the information about what had happened. The page had been modified a few seconds ago with some images of the collapsed building.

The bodies were all censored—a large number of bodies.

I felt my stomach churning and continued to scroll down the page. There were pictures of the monsters, of their bodies, and there was also a video. The video was the portal recorded by someone.

This person had recorded this and posted it on their Twitter account before they were murdered. It showed the monsters falling from the portal onto the buildings and the streets. Seeing the desperation of all the people in the video was disturbing.

I couldn't bear to watch the whole video.

"Fortunately, there is no information about us here." I turned off the laptop and then lay on the couch.

Rias brought me a glass of tea minutes later. We sat on the couch, and I told her about everything being on the internet and probably on every TV channel.

"Well, of course, it would happen. Monsters have appeared in a world where this is all just fiction. Everyone must be going crazy with this."

"Yeah. They're probably already talking about it all over the world. Haa~~ Damn, what are we going to do?"

"We're not going to do anything. Just leave it as it is."

"What if more portals start appearing?"

"We'll deal with them."

"I don't know if I can keep doing that."

"Of course, you can. You're strong."

"..."

After we talked some more, we took the laptop and started to check all the news sites. Sites from the United States, Russia, Japan, and Brazil, all the places were reporting about this.

Suddenly my city had become the most famous on the whole planet. And it was all because of me.

 

READ 10 CHAPTERS AHEAD AND HELP ME!!! - PATREON.COM/PARODYGIRL

16