Ch. 7 – Attack on Vilkskar (2)
15 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The goblins and wolves they had seen were the ones Huel had killed, he knew that. A city guard came to talk to the group, he was a little old, with a big gray moustache, and worn armor with some red accents.

"Hello Sir Vahad! I see you have returned from your journey, have you found anything?"

"No, nothing important, just useless monsters that weren't worth my time."

"Oh, I'm so sorry..."

"I'll be heading back to the capital in a little while, I can't waste any more time in a place like this" The blond man, Vahad, turned to the knights behind him. "Make preparations for our departure" And they set off towards another street.

"I thought I would find interesting things in the forest, I wanted to see that demon with my own eyes" he said 'demon' in a very sarcastic tone.

He entered a building, whose sign indicated "Barracks", without saying anything, the old knight did the same.

None of that mattered much to Huel, he just listened to maybe get some information. should try to go to this capital they said, maybe follow them. But he couldn't, not now, for he had to stop the goblins.

'And there's also that mission'

[Collect 100 Souls of any quality.

Souls Collected: 13]

'If I fight the goblins, maybe I can complete this quest, although the 10 souls limit in the flask is pretty annoying'

At the door of the blacksmith shop, the salesman who served him before was scolding his employee

"At least you brought the materials, right? Come to work and stop bothering the royal knights with nonsense!"

The dwarfs crept in through the door.

He hoped his scythe would be ready as soon as possible, but for now the sword could fulfill the role of a weapon very well.

'I'll still have to get the hang of handling a bigger scythe, it must be complicated'

Next to the barracks, a specific building caught his eye, "Vilkskar's Adventurer's Guild" was written on the sign, it was a small building, much smaller even than the smithy. He went in, inside it was pretty empty for what he expected, two people were behind the counter, a woman packing some papers and a man reading a book. Upon entering, the woman noticed, and with a welcoming voice, said:

"Welcome!"

"Hello"

The man looked at him and said "Adventurer? We don't see many around here, to be honest."

"I'm not really one, what's this place for?"

"Do not know?" Said the man "Adventures, you do quests and you get some stuff for it, basically." Ele tirou o livro da frente de seu rosto e olhou para Huel, tinha um cabelo grisalho e uma barba por fazer. "But the days when adventures were found here are gone, the forest of Diarkia was a great gathering center for adventurers, but now, there is nothing important to take care of there."

There was a picture on the wall, with nothing written on it. Probably where the quests used to be.

"What happened?"

"You're curious haha, well, the obvious happened, there are no more monsters, and most of the quests given were linked to them. One day the royal ministry decided to send an army of their best knights to drive the monsters out of here, I don't know why that, and they never said anything about it."

'Curious that the Messenger appeared there' He thought.

"Thanks, I'll be going then."

"Aren't you even going to introduce yourself or tell me what you do around here?"

"Huel, I'm just passing through, I needed a place to stay"

"You look a lot like an adventurer for someone who says he's not. Well my name is Johh, I'm the master of this abandoned place we call a guild"

"Nice to meet you"

He left the place.

It was already getting dark, and the knights from before, who said they had to go back to the capital, were walking towards the gate 'Aren't you going to wait for dawn? Why all this rush?' Huel thought, finding the attitude strange. The gate opened and they walked on.

Behind the barracks, the guards practiced with their swords, dueling among themselves, some were clumsy, but the bald guard with the gray mustache from before was very good at wielding the sword. Further ahead there was an alchemy store, but he passed straight, because further on, the store "Magic Corner" caught his attention, in front of the store, several books could be seen. He went in, and inside was an old woman, with a hat almost bigger than her.

"Good night" He said.

"Hello boy, are you interested in magic?"

"No, I just want to know more, I don't understand much about it."

"Magic is what governs the so-called 'skills', and their types are very different from each other, you have physical, magical, passive skills, I think you can understand, well you can learn magic through tomes, or by hard work, skill creation is also possible, but it is said to be quite difficult..."

He looked at her without saying anything.

"And what is above it all is the so-called "system" the blessing that the gods have bestowed on our world!"

'System...' The Reaper System crossed his mind, and he asked to clear his doubt:

"This system, is it the same for everyone?"

"No, some have more privileges than others, they say that people destined for great deeds receive more of these privileges, but I don't know exactly what they are, an example is the 'inventory' it magically stores their things, the wizards of the great tower try to recreate this effect on an item but never succeeded."

Suddenly, a big message with a timer appeared in front of him.

************************************

[A new event is about to begin!!]

[Attack on Vilkskar]

The goblins have completed the preparations to attack the village. The attack will start soon.

[15 minutes to start]

Reward: Reward valued according to contribution.

************************************

"See this?"

"Oh? Seeing what?" She said not understanding the question.

"Nothing, I have to go, thank you very much, I'll come back later to buy something"

'If your store is still standing' He thought, and left the store in a hurry. 'Shit, it would be good if I knew at least how many there are.'

Meanwhile, in the middle of the road, Vahad and his horsemen were riding towards the capital.

A silence was maintained, only the horses footsteps could be heard, when suddenly something appeared in front of Vahad.

************************************

[A new event is about to begin!!]

[Attack on Vilkskar]

The goblins have completed the preparations to attack the village. The attack will start soon.

[15 minutes to start]

Reward: Reward valued according to contribution.

************************************

"We need to go back, now." He said, turning his horse and making him go faster, the knights, even without understanding what was happening, started to follow him.

 

2