Chapter 5 – Ability Test
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With her Strength ranking up she felt a huge boost in power, one that did not fade unlike with the brief use of Varos. Her strength felt like it almost doubled with just that simple rank up.

She had held back on using her Artifact’s ability mostly to test combat abilities she was familiar with and to get used to her body’s new strength.

This time eight outlines showed up. The first five in a horizontal line were Skeleton Swordsmen and the three behind them she could not recognize besides being Skeletons of a sort again this time even smaller than the first set.

The outlines filled out and sure enough the first five were Swordsmen and looking behind the last three had tattered hooded robes on. Those looked like.

Analyze

[Skeleton Mages]

Predictable. She was going to start out with Neuter Sensation for an easy win this time, but she was somewhat curious about what the mages could do.

The five sword fighters did practically the same as the earlier three, surrounding her. Before anyone could move however the mages began. The normal click clacking of bones now joined by the clanging of heavy armour was slightly dampened by a low humming of voices. Speaking in a tone that made you think you could understand what was being said but careful listening led to no understanding of if they were even speaking in the first place.

A blue glowing outline covered each of the three Mages as circular sigils with intricate designs in them and the same colour tone glowed behind their backs. The five Swordsmen took on a similar blue Varos seconds later.

Analyze

[Skeleton Swordsman – unknown physical and magical boosts]

Analyze was indeed somewhat useful, she could have guessed but could never be sure what happened to them without it. The Mages now took on a red glow instead their chanting taking on a different tone. Above each of them what clearly looked like large balls of fire formed.

Yeah, no.

Neuter Sensation

Her Orb glowed red before releasing a bright flash. Interestingly enough despite being in her view, the flash did not seem to affect her at all. The entire cave was brightened for a moment before the white light died down.

The Skeletons were all covered in a weird cloudy looking substance floating around their bodies. And indeed their movements seemed somewhat sluggish. They had completely lost track of her as she moved around to test her ability she could confirm that they were truly lost.

The fireballs were launched in random directions cratering the ground in three spots around the cave. The heat was enough to melt the stony ground for several meters but she barely felt it thanks to her incredibly improved constitution.

Not wasting time any further she went for a blast from the Anak Orb. It hit the mage in the middle and took out another to its left as it was close enough. Sprinting past the armoured Skeletons she went with a mighty punch against the last mage and it got completely obliterated. As she expected they were just as fragile as the base Skeleton warriors, her improved strength tore them apart.

The ability to make an entire group of enemies a non-factor seemed ridiculously strong. From there on it was quite easy taking out the other Swordsmen like she did the last one in the last test, with them being unable to act without any senses it was even easier than taking down a headless Skeleton.

[Test 3 complete]

[Proceeding with the 4th and final test]

This time only one outline appeared and once again it was taller even than the Swordsmen easily above a ten foot height. As the outline filled out it had a similar suit of armour to them just with more decoration a cape and a black hood over its skull. Its sword was an even larger one with a wide blade and no point, easily seven foot in length as the Skeleton held it in two hands, blade flat to its body and pointed down to the floor. The skeleton also had smoky black wisps trailing off its body. It looked positively menacing.

Analyze

[Death Knight]

Another typical name, but its eyes a shining cold purple really gave off the feeling of death as it gazed at her. It started moving with absolutely no sound following its steps. Those eyes and its overall graceful gait almost seemed to challenge her. Its mouth opened.

Her eyes widened before she shot to the side. A large flame spewed out of it, except it was black in colour. She could feel the heat on this one as it passed by her and couldn’t help but follow the attack’s trail until it crashed into the wall of the cave turning a building sized section into slag.

“Hey that was rud-” she started before turning back to a face full of black flames.

Claw Morph

It was instinctive, her perception had always given her some idea of what was going to happen in the previous fights but in this one she was not getting any tells whatsoever. It was like it was immune to being predicted. The scarf moved in between the moment the incredibly fast fire ball could cross the last meter to her. Covering her arms and forcing her to drop the black sword. Her arms almost seemed to extend in length, however it was simply the morphing of the scarf going beyond her arm’s limits. It created 3 red claws on each hand the size of kitchen knives. The claws were made of thread, but she could tell that said thread was far tougher than steel. Her body glowed with a red outline, and she almost felt a berserk like effect on herself as she was filled with power.

The fireball slammed into her cross arms and the heat seared her body…but she was fine. Hurting but fine.

“Alright. Let’s. Go.” Uttered through grit teeth.

1