Chapter 8 – Authority
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Huh? Anyone of ya wanna go next?”

Everyone backed off a step with the teen running several to the wall. The large woman glanced around once more, settling on the kid this time before giving off a boisterous laugh.

“Look, we-” before the bald man could finish, he seemed to get interrupted a lot now that Tisha thought about it, the world itself seemed to twist and turn.

In the middle of the cavern a writhing mass of darkness manifested. The pressure it exuded forced every person to the ground.

Analyse

 

G̸̢̨̡̨̧̛̥͎̟͕̞̫̼̹̪̺̹̥̬̠̭̖̮͔͕͓̀́̈́͌̾̒́̈́̅͆̿̓͘͜͝͝ͅu̸̙͚͖̱̞̫͕̺̯͓̗̭̥̰̻̭̞̺͍̾͌͠ͅͅƯ̷̧̼͙̠̙̳̩̪̼̩͖̗̬̯̠̾̔͐͂͗̊̄̍̋̓̌͗͐̒̚6̶̛̣̠̈́̄̋̇̏̉̿̂͋̈͋̆͒̆̌̐͋̌̂̊̌͘͠͝͠Ḟ̷̢̛̛̛̰͇̟̻̻̹͍̳̠͓̠̫̞̯̤͎̘̩̫͓̜͇͚̩̍̆͋̔̀͂͆͑̕͝͠͝V̶̱͍̻̲̝̟̩̮̜͖̝̞͓͉̪̥̜͇̗̭͕̬̗̥̖͒͛̌̄̐̿̊̈́̀̒̈́̽́̐̔͆̓̾͛́̅̿͊̀̚͜,̸̧̧̜͙̣͔̭̺̫͎̙̱̣̻͙͇̳̰͔͎̼͚͉̖̪̳͋͜Ą̷͖̠̖̥͔̪̝̻̖͙͇́̍̈̀̍̊̈́̀͜s̴̡̨̡͙̪̞̘͚̯͈̘̳̗͍̲̻̳̓͌͆́̄̾̇́͑̓͑͜d̴̨̡̛͈͖͖̪̠͉̬̝̝͈̬̩̗̞̺̳̟̹̥̒̐̓̔͋̏͆͌͊̒́͌̐̕͜͝ͅx̴̢̞̭̼͉̻̘͇̥̙̼͓̜̳̮͚̠͇͇̃͗̄Ë̶̛̗̗̱̘̞́̋̽̓́̓̊̀̾̌̍̚̚͜͠͝X̵̬͕̓̂̃̈́̽̆̒̈̾͌̑̃̊̿͘̚͝͝h̸̖̱͕͉̬̯̲̘͓̭̝͚̽͆̀͝

 

Tisha struggled in a crouch against what felt like increased gravity but not just that. Her skin felt prickly, her vision was dimming, the world seemed to be shaking as her very own soul was assaulted from whatever that thing was. She was barely able to look around as she noticed the kid was completely passed out after withstanding it for a while with the bald man and haughty woman both flat on the ground but awake.

Only one person stood, and it was the large woman. Smile straining but standing proud in defiance to the mass in front of them.

Ah… that was not meant to happen.” The existence spoke, or more like manifested into the world. A bit like the System but with a clear will and sense of being.

The pressure lessened considerably but was still there. Her vision returned to normal, and it did not feel like her soul was about to shred apart.

She felt something move to the boy, something invisible and in a short moment he was back up. Shaken, but fine.

Impressive, all of you. I expected a few deaths.” This was completely contradictory to what it said earlier. Unless it meant in its mistake it expected death.

You, especially.” It obviously referred to the giant of a woman. Tisha felt something in herself. Jealousy? She had always been seen as the cream of the crop in whatever she did. To be so inferior to this woman chafed at her a little.

“Hmph, who are ya and where are we anyway?” The giant asked with a scoff.

I am an Authority, and this is… well it does not exactly have a name, you may call it the Overworld . What I can tell you is that you are in another dimension separate but still tied to your original.

“And why are we here?” The man asked after gathering some courage.

There are a lot of question you would like to ask I am sure, I would do a quick explanation of a sort but it would not answer everything. If you want more answers you would have to complete this Tear.

“Tear?”

This Cave of Undead, what each of you passed was the Initiation. An individual test. Now you must complete the entirety of the Tear and bring down the Anchor to destroy it.

“Is the Anchor like the boss of the Tear?” Tisha asked.

The mass was silent for a moment. She had a feeling it was considering her question. She figured that Tears were like dungeons with Anchors being the Bosses at the end.

I was going through information from your planet Earth and matching it with my knowledge.

You are correct, this is very much set up like those games of yours.” The Authority seemed surprised, meaning it did not know everything about their situation. That perked her interest, maybe it was also under the whims of the System.

“What happens if we fail?” The auburn-haired woman asked.

Well… you die.

The atmosphere to a deep dive as the Authority almost seemed to take a malevolent aura. Then it went back to normal as if nothing ever happened.

“So, all the doors that disappeared?” The bald man.

What do you think?” It almost sounded amused.

Well, there is another reason you must destroy the Tear, but that wont matter if you died. So, destroy the Anchor here and I would answer further questions when you are done.

“Why are you not able to do this yourself?” The small woman asked.

Like I just said further questions would be for later.” The pressure increased slightly again.

You have three hours and do not worry; time here moves much faster than on Earth. Oh, and you would be able to go back to your world after you are done.” The Authority was slowly fading out with his final sentence before the world returned to normal as it disappeared completely.

Also, I seriously recommend you do it within three hours or… well I guess it would not matter when you would be dead anyway.” Its voice faded away leaving that ominous message.

They were left staring into the empty space as they took in the little they were told. The only person that seemed unperturbed was the giant of a woman.

0