Chapter 9 – Introductions
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they sat in silence contemplating the words they just heard, the large woman walked towards the remaining huge door door in a motion that suggested she was about to open it.

“Hey-Wait!” The man yelled after her. “Shouldn’t we like try to work together? I. Just. Thought…”

His voice faltered as she stopped, turning towards him slowly.

“Yea?” She replied, brawny arms across her chest again.

Cough. He cleared his throat nervously.

“I just thought it would be best if we tried to do this together, as a group. I doubt this would be easy to do on your own.”

“Actually, I am pretty sure I can do this alone.” She stated in full confidence. “The rest of ya all can stay here and watch.”

“That is fine with me. I did not sign up for whatever this is.” The smaller woman said much to the other woman’s amusement.

“I-I doubt this would be doable on your own, Miss.” The teen spoke up in a quiet voice.

“Aw, what a polite kid.” She chortled jovially. “I don’t believe these people would last long so ya at least can come with me, kid.”

“Huh?” He glanced around anxiously.

That took a turn.

“Die?” The haughty woman uttered confusedly.

“Do ya really think that just staying back here would be safe? I doubt the blob from a moment ago is that generous.”

Calling that mass of world twisting and overwhelming power a blob sure was something.

“Did ya not hear what he said at the end?” The giantess continued with a mocking tone. “This Tear or whatever can’t stay for whatever reason. Well, I am not going to convince ya, for me? This whole thing is a bit more personal.”

That was surprising. What could be personal to her when they had all just arrived here.

“I agree with both of the guys we should cooperate if we want to get out of this safely.” Tisha finally spoke up.

“Oh?” The large woman studied her carefully. “Ya can fight can’t ya.”

Her observation was astute.

“That is right, but anyway if the test is anything to go by, I believe that we would all need to work together.”

“Don’t know what ya are talking about, the Test was very easy for me only the last part was a bit of a pain.” She looked up parsing her memory of minutes before. “What was the name of that thing again? Spectral Rider?”

“Huh?” Tisha started in shock. “I fought a Death Knight as my final test.”

“Death Knight? Oh, those things.”

Those? More than one?

The other three looked around in confusion.

“All I fought were Skeleton Warriors and Mages.” The man said.

Both the teen and the other woman nodded in agreement.

“Well well well, it seems we all got different difficulties. Based on our combat ability I guess.” The large woman stated with no disguising her bragging.

“You know what? I do think it might be best to go as a group.” The smaller woman suddenly changed her mind walking up to the larger one much to her amusement.

“I guess that means we are all in agreement?” The bald man looked up to her in anticipation.

“Ah whatever, sure.” She shrugged her large shoulders.

“Should we introduce ourselves then?” He continued. “I will start, I am…”

He hesitated.

“Damon.”

“That was the System given name ain’t it.” The woman said instantly a smug grin on her face much to the bald man’s embarrassment. “Well that is fine with me. I guess ya would not want to be found on Earth through this.”

“Then it is Mel for me.” The smaller woman said.

“Call me Robin then, also System given.” Tisha said.

“Fi-Finch.” The boy stated simply.

“Hmm, well the system gave me Drake as the name but… my real name is Olga. And ya better not forget it.” She said with a wide grin.

Olga? Where do I remember that name from?

Tisha was unsure but that name rang a bell.

The woman studied all their expressions before stopping with a shrug, she had obviously expected a reaction but did not get one.

“Alright next maybe we can show each other our Artifacts and Armaments. If you want, you can also give away abilities, so we are much more able to cover each other.” The Damon said. “I have this sword and shield combo as my Artifact, my Armament is this shoulder guard here.”

She had expected that.

“Overall, I am a defensive fighter. I have fought in battles on Earth, but very rarely has it ever been in melee.”

“Soldier boy, ya sure like to take the lead.” Olga stated much to his embarrassment.

“Ehem, my ability allows me to charge my weapon with Varos for increased damage. My Armament creates a small aura shield that moves around autonomously blocking for me.” He finished.

Pretty standard and simple abilities, she honestly wished she had something like that. It would have made her fights easier she felt. She could guess that both of those had decently low cool downs based on their functions.

“The large gun is my Artifact, which I believe is quite obvious. My Armament also gives me a shield of sorts as well.” Mel this time gave a very vague and brief presentation as she waved the revolver around. “I survived due to having some experience in the range.”

“This staff is my Artifact.” The boy said. “I can create floating blades which I control. The robe is my Armament, I am able to release a mist that slows every enemy and also drains their Varos giving it to me.”

Those seemed like strong abilities. As he did not fight the Death Knight, it makes sense that he could survive using them.

“I just fought according to my advantage and stayed back with the mist protecting while launching blades at them.” He seemed far more confident when talking about his abilities it seemed.

Everyone turned to Tisha next.

“This is my Artifact.” She summoned the Orb. “It has the ability to remove all the senses of enemies briefly.”

A whistle, it came from Olga.

“That’s useful.”

“Yes, but it appears to have a pretty long cool down so it can’t be used consecutively. However, my Orb has the ability to attack things at range with explosive blasts.” She explained.

“This scarf is my Armament it can boost a bunch of my attributes and gives me claws to attack with briefly. I am a martial artist, so my Armament actually works better for me than my Orb right now. However, it has an even longer cool down than my Orb’s ability.”

“Interesting abilities ya got there.” Olga noted, the others nodding in agreement.

“As for me, I have not actually used my Armament yet, but this is it.” She opened her palm outwards, and a gigantic metal grey nail appeared in it. Two meters in length and about one tenth of a meter thick. It was an interesting weapon to say the least.

“I can apparently duplicate it.” As she said that another nail appeared in the same palm, her large hands could hold both. Then two more appeared in her other hand. “I think I can do more, each one drains some Varos though.”

“As for my Armament, it is this coat. It reduces the damage I take passively.” She shrugged.

A basic ability but one that seemed powerful with how it worked. It likely did not drain any Varos and if significant enough it could in fact be ridiculous.

“Alright, we done? Lets get to it.” Olga announced striding to the large door in eagerness.

0