The special day (part 1)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning comes as the Auria slowly wakes up. She slowly stretches out her body as she gets out of bed and goes to the bath to get prepared for the day. As she isn't quite fully awake yet she doesn't notice the tiny sparks of mana that are floating around her.
This occurrence has been happening every more for the past 5 years yet it was always on a smaller unnoticeable scale. Yet today it was as if the mana sparks were trying to form something, but as soon as she walks into the bathroom and walks in front of the mirror all the strange mana occurrences suddenly disappeared.

Auria stands in front of the mirror and yawns, then begins to take a shower and brush her teeth. After she comes out she sees her smiling face in the mirror and sees herself smiling.
Then she talks to reflection.
"I hope you guys are happy about today as well, the first and only 5th birthday I will ever have, and Mother and Father has a surprise for us as well!"
She smiles satisfyingly into the mirror as she walks out of the bathroom.
She was talking to the mana sparks around her because while they try to disappear as soon as she looks into the mirror she managed to start seeing them one day after she got her pair of story enhanced glasses.
When she first started seeing them she was pretty surprised, as it'd be weird for pretty much anyone to start seeing magical sparkles around them one day in the morning without any rhyme or reason.
But she got adjusted to them pretty quick, after a few days of messing around with them she realized that the mana sparks had been around her for a very long time and pretty much as long she remembered but she just never truly noticed it.
As soon as she realized her mistake when she first discovered them she ran to the mirror and profusely apologized to the sparks.
Pretty much from that day on she treated the sparks like they were her sibling or family of the sort and talked to them every morning.
If a person ever saw this they'd probably think she was crazy considering to any other person there was absolutely nothing around her that she'd be talking to, but in her heart, she knew they existed and that they've pretty much been watching over her this entire time.

As she finishes the daily ritual of talking with her sparks she walks down the stairs into the dining room. As soon as she walks into the room she sees a massive amount of food on the table, a larger amount of food even when being compared to what she ate normally, and a giant sign above the table that said "HAPPY BIRTHDAY AURIA!" and the most important part was her parents sitting at the table waiting for so long.

Her mother smiles as she walks in "Good morning~ did you sleep well last night birthday girl?"
Auria skips over "I slept great last night! Thanks, mom." and hugs her mother. Then she looks more carefully at the decorations and exclaims as she smells the delicious food.
Then she looks directly at her mother and father as tears come into her eyes. "Did you and mother stay up last night just to make all this for me father?"
Her father looks severely into her eyes and says "No all of this is mine. My food." he pauses for a second and then gives out a hearty laugh.
"Silly girl, of course, it's for you. I'll even eat less just for the birthday girl" He says as he chuckles lightly and points at the food.
"We've been preparing the food for quite a while, the only thing that we had to get up especially early for was the banner. I hope you like it?"
Auria looks carefully at the banner that her parents worked so hard on then hugged her father as well and says "Of course dad! I'll love it no matter what. After all, you made it for me with your hard work." she says while she tackles her father.

Her father Harris laughs as he picks Auria up and brings her to the table.
"Now shall we start our feast birthday girl? We were really hungry when making this morning."
Auria giggles and gets out of her father's hug and runs over to her mother and pulls her over to her mother's regular chair.
"Let's eat mother, father," she says as she hops back to her chair joyfully.
"Yes shall we Asu." her mother says as she puts Auria's favorite food bacon on her plate
"Yes!" she gets some food for her mother and father as well and they all start eating together.
While eating her father says to her "We'll have a party for you later as well, though it'll just be us 3 I promise it'll be nice as well. Also, we'll give you our gifts than as well." Her father says while gently smiling at Auria.
"Yes dad, I can't wait!" Auria says with her mouth full of food.
Her father chuckles at her antics and says "Finish chewing before you talk Asu. we'll have the party after you finish work at the library for today. We'll go pick you up today so wait for us there"
"Okay dad!" she says as she nods her head vigorously with her cheeks full of food.
"Silly girl," her mother says while shaking her head, then points out "Don't forget to thank the librarian as well today Asu, because he has helped you quite a bit in the past few months.
"Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me mom," she says after suddenly remembering about it.

As they finish up eating Auria suddenly remembers something.
"Oh yeah, Dad. Are we going to the guild later to get my status's checked out?" she asks with her head tilted to one side.
"That'll be part of our surprise later Asu, you'll see later," he says while trying to be mysterious

Auria giggles as she gets up and starts heading for the door "Yeah~ Yeah~ Dad~ I'll be off for the library for today though mom and dad."
Eve and Harris waves to Auria.
"Have a good day Asu." her mother says as she starts picking up the dishes
"Don't run too fast." her father says as he picks up the newspaper from the ground.

Auria giggles and runs out the door.

0