Arc#1 Chapter 3: A Nightmare
770 19 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ayo, you stuck around this far? That's effing awesome!

Your comments make me happy, so don't be shy to let me know what you think! If you end up hating it... well, tell me what you hate about it. I'd like to use your thoughts to fuel my improvement.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And as usual, pointing out any spelling or grammar errors is appreciated. This is basically the story's first draft after all, so I'm expecting a lot of mistakes. Hell, there might even be plotholes, though I don't think the chances of those appearing are that high.

= Lire ♪ =

"Hooo~" Zayne heaved a sigh as he sat at the edge of the bed.

He'd eaten a good meal, had a refreshing shower, changed into a comfy pair of pajamas, and now he was ready to sleep. He was going to sleep like no man has ever slept before. Zayne was going to sleep so hard, that he might break the bed!

"Pfft. I'm so dumb." As Zayne laughed at his thoughts, he collapsed onto the pleasantly soft mattress.

The fatigue had finally caught up to him. His limbs felt like mush, and the rest of his body felt as if it weighed a thousand kilograms.

His eyelids were about to close for a long time when Luna entered the room.

In a French maid outfit.

An incredibly erotic French maid outfit.

Despite a sight that would make most men thank their God(s), Zayne's heart dropped. He had a very bad feeling about this.

"Th-that looks nice. What's it for...?" he tried to play dumb, but he hoped against hope that his assumptions were wrong.

Luna smiled seductively, even doing a little spin to show off her entire outfit. "Like it?"

'Wow, that outfit isn't made to cover your butt at all.' Zayne inwardly approved of the outfit.

He knew what that smile on her face meant. And in his current state, he didn't like it.

"L-Luna, I like it... But, I can't do it tonight. My body, arms, and legs feel like jelly..." Zayne pleaded, unable to get up from his position.

"C'mon, I even wore something special to celebrate the ending of your web novel!" Luna stood beside the bed, glowering at her lover. "I've been hiding this outfit so I can surprise you. And you're just gonna refuse...?"

"I mean, I'm sorry but.."

"And I haven't even seen you for two days!" Luna protested as she sat down next to him. "Two days! And I live with you!"

"O-okay, but..."

"We haven't had sex in four days, Zayne. Four. Days." she brought her face towards Zayne's neck and started kissing it. "I have needs. You know that."

"We d-did it a ton when we were on vacation!" he tried to resist the ticklish feeling as he made excuses. "I don't even feel like doing it. Maybe I won't even be able to get it up."

"Really?" Luna stopped what she was doing and then scoffed. She turned her eyes towards Zayne's crotch.

"..." he craned his neck to follow her gaze and was exasperated by what he saw. His head collapsed back to the bed as he tried to defend himself. "Okay, the human male genitalia gets up from even the slightest of stimuli. The buggers even get up just because it's morning. Boners don't necessarily mean anything."

"Sure~," Luna said with a disbelieving tone as she returned to making hickeys on his neck and chest. Her right hand snaked its way into his pajama pants, making Zayne jump in panic.

"W-w-wait. Luna, I'm going to die! If I have sex right now, I'm really going to die!" he tried his best to reason with her. "Let's just do it tomorrow. Okay?"

"Geez. You're exaggerating." Despite what she said, Luna stopped. She rested her head on Zayne's numb arms, as she looked him in the eyes while pouting. She sulkily asked. "You really don't wanna do it?"

"It's not that I don't want to. I just can't. Why are you being so persistent tonight..." Zayne inwardly shook his head in exasperation, but he also understood her. Living together for so many years, Zayne was naturally aware of Luna's libido. Although he liked that about her, it was very troublesome during times like these.

'In hindsight, I probably should've taken care of her just before I went into seclusion...'

"Hmm~..." Luna hummed as she traced circles on Zayne's chest with her forefinger. It tickled him, but he resisted any reactions he would've usually had. When she didn't get the reaction she wanted, she sat up in irritation, then muttered under her breath. "Even though It took so much effort to cook tonight's dinner..."

"I-It was delicious. As expected of a culinary arts student--"

"Even though I put this special outfit on..." Luna interjected with a dejected expression.

"Ah, i-it does look quite nice. Maybe you can wear it again tomo--"

"And then," Luna smirked mischievously. "Even though you can't put a bun in my oven, can't you work hard to put something in there?"

"..." Zayne was shocked speechless, his heart tightening. Even though he knew Luna meant no actual harm, what she said still stung more than all of the abuse his parents had thrown at him combined. Much more than that time his father had told him that he wanted to have him aborted way back when.

"Hey, that was low..."

"You're a big boy, I know you can take it." Luna shrugged without an ounce of guilt. "Besides, we're gonna be together for a long time, so I want you to get used to your condition fast. I can't have you being all emotional on me every time we see a family or a kid."

"You're still a huge bitch for going that far... that really dealt a lot of--"

"Emotional Damage?" Luna interjected, grinning. She laid back down, hugging Zayne tightly. "Sorry, couldn't resist the meme. Anyways, just one round okay?"

Zayne sighed in surrender. Since the prick in his psyche caused by Luna's jab had already beaten out all the drowsiness in him, he might as well do something about this lewd woman. While inwardly swearing that he would pay her back for this slight, he said, "Fine. Knock yourself out. But I ain't moving."

"Fine by me." Luna sprung up and straddled him. Zayne felt blood rush into his head as his crotch was smothered by Luna's. She shook her hips teasingly. Then bent forward to bring her lips close to his ears. "Just count the stains in the ceiling or something. It'll all be over soon."

"..." Zayne reflexively took a look at the spotless, plain white ceiling above them. "There aren't any stains."

"Exactly.~♪" Luna sat back up, then smirked.

"... hah?" Zayne's eyes narrowed. "I may be mishearing things, but it sounds like you're implying that I'm a quick shot?

"Well..." her grin widened as she looked away. "It'd be different on a normal day, but the way you are now...?"

Zayne felt like there was some truth to that, but he didn't like how she was so smug about it. Even though he felt like he was being played right now, he couldn't just let her get away with that.

One couldn't just say whatever they wanted to say, after all.

Through sheer power of will, energy surged throughout his body. He used his burst of power to reverse positions with Luna and pin her under his body.

"Oh!♥" Luna squealed in delight. She wrapped her arms around Zayne's neck, just in case he changed his mind and try to pull away.

"Fucking hell, you asked for this!" Zayne roared.

 


 

It is said that men think they want a woman that wants a lot of sex...

Until they actually get a woman that wants a lot of sex.

That was not the case for Zayne, though. He was a healthy male, so he wanted a lot of sex too. Zayne had a few complaints though.

"Oh my god. I feel like I'm going to ascend to the afterlife..." Zayne rasped as he stared blankly at the dark ceiling.

After he'd somehow managed to satisfy her through willpower and extensive foreplay, she went straight to the land of dreams with her head resting on his right arm.

Much to Zayne's discomfort, they didn't even get a chance to clean themselves off!

As he looked at her sleeping face, he couldn't help but liken her to an angel. "If only she'd be angelic when she was awake too..."

Because of the strenuous activities he'd just completed, he was even more exhausted than he was a while ago. However, strangely enough, he didn't feel like sleeping anymore. Zayne's entire body felt an intense lethargy, but his mind couldn't stop thinking; a problem he was all too familiar with.

'I wonder what I should write next...' Zayne had just finished writing and editing the last chapter of his web novel, however, that was for his patrons. Most of his readers were still a couple of dozen chapters away from the ending.

Now, he had two choices. Either start writing a new story and building a backlog for it or take a break for a few months to give himself some much-needed rest.

Zayne wanted to choose the latter, but that would mean his income would be reduced significantly for a while. He did editing and illustration work on the side, and Luna did some Vtuber stuff, but his support from patrons and donations was his main income. Although he self-published a number of novels that were doing well, the royalties he earned from them had started dwindling. After the first rush of buyers upon release, the sales tanked.

He only got a few thousand dollars a week from them on a good week, which wouldn't be enough for their current lifestyle.

'Well, I guess the decision has already been made for me. Gotta start writing a new story. The question is what it'll be about.'

If he stuck with Dark Fantasy, his fanbase would likely swarm towards it like flies. But somewhere within his heart, Zayne wanted to challenge himself by writing a story with a different genre. In any case, whatever he wrote had to be something he was satisfied with, otherwise, he wouldn't be able to satisfy his pride as an author or his bank account.

'Hmm... should I try writing a serial Dark Fantasy like I'm used to, but write a short story series with a different genre on the side? Just to build a fanbase...' Zayne licked his dry lips as he contemplated. 'Yeah, let's go with that. As for what genre I should try... maybe smut? I definitely won't have trouble finding references with this sex-crazed lunatic here.'

Zayne let out a muffled chuckle at his thoughts. Writing a story based on their sex life probably wasn't such a good idea, since Luna would kill him.

Well, he only entertained the idea as a joke. He'd never actually do it.

As Zayne sent a look toward his lover, he was startled by an ear-shattering scream.

"Ahhhh!" Luna suddenly pushed Zayne away while she shrieked. "Get away from me!"

'Oh shit!' Zayne didn't let her get away. Despite her fierce resistance, he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her to him.

"No! Let g-go of me!" Luna had her eyes screwed shut as she shook her head and tried to push Zayne away. "Don't touch me!"

"Calm down! It's me!" Zayne forcefully tightened his hold on her, hugging her tightly. He gently whispered into her ear, "It's me. Zayne..."

"Get a-a-away!" Luna struggled violently, power surged through her limbs.

"Jesus... you're always so strong during these fits..." he remarked as he tried his best to secure her in his arms. His limbs trembled from the strain of trying to hold her in place. "Hey! I said it's me!"

"No no no no no!" The sleeping beauty furiously shook her head, not hearing his words at all. "Get away, please! I d-don't want this...!"

"Luna, it's fine..." Zayne said softly as he held down his slumbering lover. "Your dad's not here. Your brothers... none of them are here. It's just me. Zayne."

"..." Luna finally stopped struggling, but tears fell from her closed eyes as she trembled in Zayne's embrace. "Z-Zayne... save me..."

"I did. Your Zayne saved you." Zayne said reassuringly. He stroked her silky, light-brown hair while trying his best to comfort her. "I brought you away. We're living together now."

Luna sniffled, her eyes still closed tightly. Her hands snaked around Zayne's back, fingers digging into his flesh. His blood trickled down and stained the covers with crimson.

"Shh shh... you're okay now. We're alone together. Just like you wanted." Zayne didn't even flinch at the pain in his back. His lover's fingers couldn't compare to the agony that his parent's abuse inflicted upon him.

"Zayne..." Luna muttered as she buried her face in his chest, her tears soaking Zayne's chest and her fingers stabbing deeper into his back.

"Shh. I'm here. You're safe..." Zayne kissed the top of the quivering woman's head as he held back his own tears. More than the physical pain, the sting in his heart every time his lover became like this hurt him much more.

"Don't l-leave me..." She sniffled.

"Never. We'll be together forever. You and me? We're endgame."

"Zayne..." Luna called out with a soft voice.

"Yes, yes. I'm here..."

For a while, Zayne kept whispering consoling words in Luna's ear as tears fell from her eyes and tremors ran through her body. The fingers — puncturing his back — hurt his soul more than anything. Her milky white cheeks were marred by snot and drool, but Zayne could feel no disgust as she essentially wiped it on his chest.

Soon, Zayne saw the dawn's light seeping through the curtained window in their room. His lover had finally calmed down at some point, the breaths she exhaled as she slept were even. Zayne lovingly embraced her, as if to protect her from the world.

"Don't worry. You'll never have to see your father or your brothers ever again." Zayne's dark eyes stared into what little darkness was left in the room, as memories of his past deeds swam through his mind. "I've made sure of that."

Announcement
Chapter Word Count: 2299
Last Edited: Aug 30, 2022

Ooo~! Character development. If you skimmed, you probably missed a lot.

I like doing character development. Anyone who's read [Glimpse of Eternity], my other thingy, will know this as fact.

And just in case you thought otherwise, this fiction is not a self-insert. I personally don't enjoy them too much. Most of them are shit, with certain exemptions of course. The self-insertion is ruined the moment the MC does anything you wouldn't do.

Anyway, I went on a bit of a tangent there. My bad. In any case, I hope you've enjoyed this work enough to... I dunno what they do here on SH. Favorite it? Follow me? I dunno. I just like having people read my hot garbage.

So thank you, dear reader, if you've reached this far.

I Love You. No homo doe — if you're not female.

(シ_ _)シ


Also, completely out of context, but has anybody read the Overlord LNs? That shit slaps hard. I've never read anything I loved more than that.

I've literally read the first nine volumes three times each, and the tenth to fourteenth volumes twice each. Jesus Christ. It never gets old!

Sorry for gushing. I'm a bit of a weeb.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

31