Arc#1 Chapter 8: Fleeing
738 18 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I hope you enjoy the chapter!

Let me know your thoughts by commenting! I appreciate every single one!

Pointing out any spelling errors is also welcome! I will bestow upon you a cookie. Though I might also eat it in front of you. lol

Anyway, here it is!

= Lire ♪ =

"We got trucked into my novel..."

Despite how ridiculous the thought was, the situation was even more ridiculous.

They were in a forest, wearing different clothes. Luna's appearance changed, becoming even hotter. And then there's the floating screen.

That last one, in particular, really took the cake.

"Ah!" Luna exclaimed.

Zayne snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Luna. He looked over at her and saw a floating rock right in front of her face.

"I really have telekinesis!" Luna's eyes widened as she urged Zayne to look at the rock. She made it fly around in patterns, emphasizing the control she had over the stone. After she'd had enough, Luna made the stone shoot towards a tree, turning into a blur before colliding with it. Her eyes squinted as she inspected the dent it had made. "Oh my god! This is really happening. We got isekaid!"

"Yeah..." Zayne smiled wryly at the absurdity of it all, but then he snapped out of it when he saw the tracks that Grant had probably left when he still had control of his body.

He was now in the body of Grant zon Messina, the protagonist of the story Grant's Merry Adventures in Garottia. Specifically, the protagonist just before the start of Arc 2. That meant that the forest they were in was the one with the underground facility hidden in the middle of it.

The facility that Grant had just escaped from.

The facility that Grant had just escaped from, due to some people in the facility fucking up an experiment, opening a portal to the realm of demons.

The portal that the demons were currently using to flood into the realm of men.

They were in The Forbidden Forest. The most dangerous place in the world from Arc 2 onwards.

"We gotta get the fuck outta here." Zayne grabbed the sack on the ground and then tried to pull Luna away from the direction Grant had come from.

"Wait, huh?" Luna blinked in confusion, but still let herself get pulled away. "Calm down, Zayne. What's the problem?"

"God, we don't have time for this Luna, we gotta leave this place before we get attacked by a demon!" Zayne impatiently exclaimed.

"But you're a Demon? It said so in your profile, right? Why don't you just talk it out? Maybe you'll become friends."

"It's different. I'm a Demonoid, not a Demon," he replied. Zayne stopped and grabbed Luna's shoulders. "Look, babe. I'll explain everything later, yeah?"

"Geez, and I'm telling you to calm down..." Luna shook her head, exasperated.

"I am calm!"

"Yeeeaaah, I'm not really sure about that." Luna grabbed both sides of Zayne's head and then shook it a little. "Also, don't call me babe. That sounds weird."

"Hey! Stop!"

"I said calm down!" Luna's forehead wrinkled in annoyance as her eyes glowed red.

"O-okay..." Zayne meekly responded as he stopped resisting. "B-but we really do need to leave—"

Zayne stopped talking again when his vision shook once again.

"Listen, Zayne," Luna said, her expression serious.

"I-I'm listening..." he nodded his head.

"I may not know about what happens in the book..." Luna let go of Zayne's head, then stepped back.

"?"

"But I do know this," Luna smirked smugly as she started floating off of the ground. She did a little spin in the air, then flew close so that the tips of their noses were just an inch apart. "Flying is faster than walking."

"Oh..." Zayne gasped in realization, then started chuckling at his idiocy. He'd been too panicked to think clearly. "Yeah, it probably is."

"Right? I'm a genius, yeah? Where's my applause?"

Clap Clap Clap

"Yeah, yeah..." Zayne clapped his hands slowly as his eyes and mouth widened in mock amazement.

"So? Didn't you say your MC had telekinesis and used it to fly? Why don't you give that a try?"

Her lips formed a grin as she urged him with her arms crossed under her chest.

"Sure." he didn't know why she was acting like that, but he wanted her to stop.

Due to the memories and experiences that he seemed to have inherited from Grant, Zayne had a certain amount of control over his abilities. Grant hadn't gotten to the point of using telekinesis to fly, but Zayne had confidence that he'd be able to do it easily.

Although Telekenisis was less effective on sentient beings, it didn't matter if the being in question didn't resist. He naturally wouldn't resist himself, so he would have no trouble lifting himself with telekinesis.

"Oh? I'm doing it!" Zayne exclaimed as he successfully floated three feet off the ground. Because of his success, his confidence grew, making him attempt to do a little spin in the air just like Luna had done.

He turned forty-five degrees to the left...

And promptly fell face-first into the dirt.

"Ack!" Zayne grunted as his face became acquaintanced with the dark earth, which smelled of sweaty socks, rotten food, and every other putrid odor in this world combined.

"Ahahaha~" Luna was rolling in the air as she laughed at her lover.

She'd predicted this would happen. Perhaps by coincidence, the vampire's bloodline memories recorded the man's attempt to fly using only telekinesis. His mentality was that if he could fly using just the telekinesis, then perhaps he could fly faster if he combined it with Levitation. However, the man had only succeded after months of grueling practice and countless faceplants.

How could Zayne possibly succeed in one try?

It was impossible. Hence, the current situation.

"Haaah... haaah..." Luna gasped for air as she clutched her gut. She felt like she'd laughed a bit too much. "Oh god... you're killing me here."

"Sh-shuddup...!" Zayne growled in frustration after he spat out some dirt that had gotten into his mouth. "I can't fly like this."

"If I turn you into my consort, you can fly y'know?" Luna needled as she floated over to Zayne. "How about it?"

Luna made a small slice on her left palm using a claw she got from Shapeshifting. She then extended the palm towards her beloved while suppressing her regenerative abilities, fully expecting him to agree without hesitation.

"Nope." Zayne instantly refused. He stood up and patted himself off as he picked up the sack again.

"Hm?" Luna tilted her head, thinking that she'd heard wrong. "What did you say? I thought I heard you say 'no'. Hahaha..."

"I did, though?" Zayne raised an eyebrow as he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Whu— Why!?"

"What do you mean 'why'?"

"Why'd you refuse!"

"Of course I would?"

"What the hell does that mean?! I thought you loved me!" Luna shot forward and grabbed his neck.

"Wha-- hey! Let go!"

Zayne tried to get her off of him, but her grip was too strong. He couldn't do it without hurting her.

"Agree to it! Give me consent!" Luna yelled hysterically. "Give in, give in, give in...!

'This is not the proper way to get consent!'

"I said let go!" Zayne cried out, but Luna wouldn't listen and just kept throwing a tantrum.

With no other choice, Zayne reached forward and pinched her left nipple. He gave it a bit of a twist, for good measure.

"Ah!" Luna flew back like a cat that had its tail stepped on, as she cradled her aching chest. "What the hell!"

"That's my line!" Zayne's brows furrowed as he massaged the area she'd grabbed. "Why are you raising a fuss?!"

"Why else?" she pouted as her eyes narrowed in anger. "Why'd you refuse to be my consort!"

"What do you mean why? Didn't I say we had to leave this place ASAP?"

"I know! That's why you have to become my consort, so you can get the Levitation skill!" Luna's eyes glowed bright red. "Do you not want that? Why are you okay with getting married but not being my consort? Is it because there's no divorce function!?"

"What the hell? That's not it!" Zayne exclaimed, then he sighed in frustration. He looked up and eyed her like she was a moron, then asked, "Do you even know how long it takes to turn someone into a consort?"

"Uh..." Luna faltered. She searched the bloodline memories she'd inherited, but unfortunately, the vampire didn't have any experience turning someone into a consort.

"You don't, right?" Zayne stepped forward, bringing his face close as his lips formed a mocking sneer.

"..." Luna looked down as she pouted. "I don't."

"Yeah," Zayne said, having confirmed his suspicions. "With these things, don't they usually take a bit of time? Like maybe a few hours? We don't have that kind of time."

"Yes..." Luna's shoulders drooped. "I'm sorry for getting worked up. I misunderstood..."

"No problem. I know what a crazy bitch you are."

"You asshole." Luna giggled as she fiddled with her fingers. That was when she noticed something. "My ring!"

She looked down and checked all ten fingers, but there was nothing there.

"Ring?" Zayne blinked in confusion.

"My engagement ring!" Luna flew close to the ground, scanning it thoroughly.

"Luna, we don't have time for this. I'll just get you a new--"

"I don't want a new one, I want that one!" Luna once again fell into hysterics.

"It's just one thing and another with you..." Zayne felt the limits of his patience tested. Although he also valued the engagement ring highly, when weighed against their well-being, he'd throw it away without hesitation.

He racked his brain for how to get Luna to cooperate. After a few moments, his eyes lit up.

"Hey, Luna."

"What? Don't bother me, I'm trying to look for my ring!" Luna snarled, making her irritation clear.

"I'll just get you a replacement."

"I said I don't wan—"

"A wedding ring. As a replacement." Zayne walked up behind Luna and then grabbed her by the shoulders. He whispered into her ear, "Doesn't that sound better? A wedding ring, that is."

"W-well..." Luna frowned, but she was obviously enticed by the idea. "B-but that engagement ring..."

"Shhh... it's fine."

"But—"

"It's fine~. A wedding ring sounds better, no?"

"I mean—"

"You don't want it?" Zayne asked, sounding hurt.

"That's not it!" Luna bobbed her head twice. "I want it!"

"Then let's get out of here!" Zayne exclaimed, then brought his mouth right next to her ear. "I know lots of things about this world, Luna. We'll get filthy rich, then I'll get you a better ring. A wedding ring. You like that?"

"Yes..." she unconsciously bit her lip.

"Yeah yeah yeah." Zayne nodded. He joked, "I'll even get you ten. One for each finger."

"Pfft." The beauty giggled. "Dummy..."

"So don't mind the engagement ring, okay? It's probably back in the apartment or something."

"Oh... right." Luna felt as if she was struck by lightning from that realization. The importance of that ring to her was just so big, that her initial calmness from a while ago vanished. It was a sign that Zayne wanted to be with her. A sign that Zayne would belong to her alone.

Forever.

'Phew. I managed somehow...'

Nobody knew how unstable Luna really was more than Zayne. If he rated her a ten on the hotness scale (he'd rate her higher, but the scale only went up to ten), he would mercilessly give her a ten on the crazy scale too. Somehow, Zayne had managed to keep her craziness in check, but there were times when she'd just go off the rails in inappropriate situations.

Like just now.

"Calm?"

"Mm." Luna meekly nodded. She still felt regretful about the ring, but her mind had cleared by now.

'Besides, there are better ways to tie him up...' she thought back to the [Blood Consort] ability.

"!"

"!"

Both Zayne and Luna suddenly turned their heads at the same time. Both of their races had some form of enhanced sensory ability, so they both felt it.

Something was coming from the direction Grant had been running away from.

"We're going." Zayne declared.

"Yep." Luna nodded. She turned her body toward Zayne, then spread her arms wide. "Well, c'mon then."

"Shit..." Zayne cursed. It was obvious. If he didn't have any other method to fly, this would be the only option. He jumped into Luna's arms, having her carry him like a princess. Zayne bit his lip in frustration.

"There there." Luna cooed, as she started flying away from the presence barreling into them with the speed of a train. "I won't tell anyone about this. I'll also try to forget about this afterward."

"..." Zayne felt a bit moved. They messed with each other all the time, and this would've been good ammo for teasing. And yet, she said she'd forget about it? "I love you."

"Pfff. Yeah, yeah." Luna rolled her eyes as she flew forward, zigzagging through the sea of trees. She asked, "What are we running away from, by the way?"

"I dunno, lots of shit come out." Zayne shifted his position in Luna's arms a little so he could get a better view of what was behind her.

He then saw it.

It was gaining on them fast.

"Oh, it's a hellhound."

"What's that?"

"It's a—"

Zayne's words were interrupted by a notification window appearing in front of him.

 

~°+-Announcement-+°~

Would you like to use [Author's Eyes] to view [Hellhound]'s settings?

 

'Oh, well that sounds convenient.' Zayne went ahead and agreed, even though he already knew what he would see.

 

 

~°+- Character Sheet -+°~
Name: None
Sex: N/A
Race: Lesser Demon (Hellhound)
Age: -10

Extra Skill (0)
N/A

 

Affinity: [Darkness] Special Abilities: NONE
Aspects: [B] [H] [P]
5

SP: 53%   STR: 4.0 RES: 3.5 MND: 0.5
MP: 60%   AGI: 4.0 STM: 5.0 MAGI: 1.0
Notes:

Lowest on the demonic food chain, along with the imp. But since imps are smart, know magic, and can even control them, hellhounds are considered as slightly below imps.
All brawn no brains, Hellhounds depend on their dog-like instincts and pack mentality to hunt stronger demons.
Pretty much a demonic version of wolves, but with three eyes and red-ish fur.
Can belch a fireball that explodes upon contact with something.

Shows up from Arc 2 onwards.
Weaknesses: None. Just beat it up or something?

The hellhound galloped, eyes trained on the two of them. Its fangs were bared as drool dripped out of its mouth, no doubt thinking of making a meal out of them.

'Fuck. Why didn't I make a proper weakness for these guys? Like they instantly die if you pierce the eye in the middle or something.'

"Luna, fly faster." Zayne urged.

"I'm already flying as fast as I can!" Luna answered back. She glanced toward the roof of leaves for a moment. "I should just fly upwards, right?"

"You can't." Zayne shook his head. "Levitation's different from flight. We can't actually fly too far off from the ground."

"What the fuck!?"

"It's also a bad idea." he pointed above them. "There are worst things in the sky."

If they flew up and an imp saw them, they would have a swarm of demonic beasts chasing after them instead of just one.

"What do we do then?! It's a bit faster than me!" Luna cried out as she flew diagonally upwards, just enough to create some distance with the hound but still below the treetops.

"We pray, I guess?"

"Shit!" Luna cursed.

They were both atheists.

Announcement
Chapter Word Count: 2,580
Last Edited: Aug 24, 2022
Anybody know about the crazy-hot scale?

The Hot/Crazy Scale Is Real & Actually Backed By Science - Boss Hunting

Luna's a ten on both axes. lol

Here's a video about it. It's hilarious! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pInk1rV2VEg

Anyway, see you in the next chapter! Hopefully!

Does the way the status screen thingies are shown hurt your eyes?
  • Yes. It hurts my eyes... (or some other complaint) Votes: 9 15.0%
  • No. It's fine. Keep it that way. Votes: 33 55.0%
  • I can't really tell. I guess it's okay? Votes: 18 30.0%
Total voters: 60
22