Chapter 7: Being a Third Wheel
170 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am not sure what happened to the biology teacher, but she didn’t show at the school next day.

 

Instead there was a chess game going on at the school cafeteria.

 

It went like this:

 

A guy called Owen went to sit on a table. Alone. It was that tall guy I overheard Buffy whispering about to Willow during the previous three classes.

 

Strategically, I remained at my chess square A1, hesitantly waiting if she sits to him, or I will, due to the lacking number of available seats anywhere else.

 

Then, seeing the opportunity to move in a straight line at empty F8, I went to his table.

 

But then I got in check by Cordelia Chase from behind, who rushed here at twice my speed.
Not abiding to the chess rules, I sidestepped to my right. 

 

Just to get a checkmate by Buffy, who went even faster, and have all my lunch things dropped down to the floor.

 

Of course, it did not went without issues, and the same happened to her. After all,
she has to hide her strength in public.

 

And then it went as in the TV series.

 

Owen approached her, asked her out, and she was so dazzled by his shining greatness that they agreed on going to Bronze this evening.

 

Even though I know this can’t go as simple as in the TV, there was some sort of relief on my part that it went like this.

 

But Cordelia got visibly pissed off.

 

“Hey… what’s your name?”

 

“Uh… Peter?”

 

“You go to Bronze with me today. Eight pm.”

 

And off she went.

 

“...”

 

-- -- --

 

There was something shameful about being so excited being asked out by a high school student, considering this is not my real age. 

 

Even more with her being so fickle and arrogant.

 

But of course, I bought a new shirt, took it, and still went there today’s evening.

 

I know I told myself not to go out at night, but then… long-term, it’s not the way to go, right?
And it does feel sad, living like this.

 

All of them are away at night anyway, and only few die to the vampires, demons, or any some other dark creature.

 

The Bronze was the very place being used to having absolute monopoly in the town.

 

I mean, they sell butter croissants in a dance club. What a hellish place it is.

 

When I saw Cordelia, I went happily to her. 

 

She grabbed me and went to the dance floor.

 

It felt great.

 

But we went one step, two steps… I don’t know, maybe like fifteen, before she put me beside herself and asked Owen.

 

“Hey Owen, you being alone?”

 

Totally ignoring Buffy right next to him.

 

“No, I am here with Buffy.”

 

“Oh… then you can come after 5 minutes once you finish your business with her.”

 

And just right here, right now, I feel really bad.

 

Like a minion of hers. 

 

Standing there was no longer an option and I just went my may, only to hear Cordelia mutter on her way back that seeing in public Owen and Buffy is so disgusting it should be illegal.

 

**** this.

 

“Hey Peter, what you are doing?!”

 

“Searching for a bucket to throw up into after hearing you talk.”

 

Man, you can’t even feel down in this town. On my way back home there was this strange kid going across the street, with his eyes being all white. 

 

Maybe that’s so he can’t get screwed over by people like Cordelia. So actually, he is being really clever...?

 

3