Chapter 8: Badass Xander
319 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The good thing after my last “date” was that even though I had issues with my emotional endurance, my <Holy Endurance> skills got finished at least. Getting dumped after taking such a big risk - since I am not as naive when it comes to the town’s security - was a really good motivation for that.  

 

<Holy Endurance - Stage 1. Being able to exert maximum effort for 10 minutes without any loss of stamina. Can slightly increase resistance 6 hours cooldown>

 

At this point I also contemplated what to do after this.

 

I mean, there are always these two routes, right?

 

You go magic or you go physical.

 

In the end it could be wise to go both, so I can defend myself from a normal vampire even if my magic runs out, but… what to do first?

 

After thinking in vain for a while I put on the TV and watched “Charmed”. That old show about witches. Apparently, while this reality does not have Buffy, it has this series at least.

 

And then it got me - until I am strong enough to take on one vampire by myself, it’s better to be a weak magician, rather than a weak… warrior.

 

It would enable me to have a ranged preemptive strike and then run away.

 

But then deciding on some “spells” or anything like that, could be quite hard.

 

So I will just train the holy energy levels. That will always find a use for me.

 

-- -- --

 

Do you remember going on a school trips?

 

I didn’t, so going to a zoo was new for me.

 

The whole class went, and I saw some guys making fun of a guy called “Lance”, and they went to see the hyenas. 

 

Trailing after them a bit, I finally saw Xander going in there as well, and so left.

 

So after that, I did suffer from an enormous amount of boredom, and it did not go away till next day.

 

But what a surprise that day was!

 

“Hey Xander, do you want to help me with math again?”

 

“Ah, Willow, sure.”

 

“So let’s review a geometry on page 41.”

 

“No of this shit again, Willow.”

 

“But…?”

 

“I am saying I have enough of this.”

 

“But you don’t want to end up in a fast food restaurant, not having even finished high school, and then after 20 years fall into despair!”

 

“Willow… you know what, I made a decision. I will no longer do geometry. Bye.”

 

My inner angry student wanted to praise him for the guts he has, but in reality it can be indeed quite problematic.

 

It was until lunch that I had these doubts, but then I noticed his behavior indeed went in a downward slope.

 

He was bullying kids for lunch, along with the gang from zoo…?!

 

Moreover, they were quite… wild?

 

And Willow, not fazed by the incident from earlier, tried to… dissuade him.

“Hey Xander, what has got into you?!”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I… I…”

 

“You know what? The best thing about ditching geometry… is that I won’t see any more of your ugly face! Haha.”

 

“Hahahah”

 

“I thought it’s a haloween mask.”

 

“Haha”

 

The five of them were bending from laughter, and certainly not faking it. 

 

It took Buffy a lot of effort to not massacre them right here and now, based on the look in her eyes. 

 

I could not help but have a kind of… savior syndrome?

 

Just… you know, kids bullying is nasty. So instead I just decided to tell the director after classes finish.

 

The physical class got almost canceled because of the heavy rain, or at least that’s what I thought, but turns out this school has a gym inside of it.

 

And, along with everyone else, Xander and gang wiped the floor with me.

 

 

“Crunch”

 

“Crunch”

 

There were strange sounds being heard from the director’s office.

 

Scared, I took a peek.

 

And.... they were… eating him!!! 

 

Ahhhh!

 

There goes… the… director…

 

4