Chapter 36
109 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The presentation went well, and the appeal of our game is something the audience likes." I commented as I laid back in my chair.

"Yes, Koreans are big on games and with the countless number of internet cafes available it is easy to get drawn in. This game offers many a way to earn cash without it going against the ToS, while also having a competitive aspect." Victoria responded.

"So I take it you like it here?"

"It's ok. I was a bit surprised by the different culture and it took some time getting used to, but it has grown on me."

I smiled. "That's great. How has the reception been to the entertainment studio here?"

Victoria shrugged. "Honestly I'm not sure. It's not that I don't pay attention to the entertainment scene here, it is just that your company doesn't seem to be making waves over here. You sure this was a good idea?"

I was a bit disappointed hearing that, as I assumed people would gossip more about the entertainment company I founded here. Sure my movies released all across the world, but that was really as far as my achievements stretched. I was famous, but not that famous.

Still, this was fine.

"Yeah. I have three girl groups and one guy group in training right now. There are also a couple of actors I have signed to the company as well but nothing has been released yet."

"You think they will make it big? The kpop scene here is something a lot of companies try to make it in but fail. Not to mention you're not really korean."

"True. That's why someone else is at the head of the company. I already have Twice members, along with BlackPink, so they should be popular." I threw that out there without much thought.

But seeing Victoria's reaction I knew I messed up a bit. She didn't know the members of those two groups nor have popular they were when kpop was at its peak.

"Never mind that last part, but I'm sure they will do alright," I said before I got up after checking the time.

"Leaving already? I thought you wanted to check the progress reports?" Victoria asked.

I shook my head as I looked back toward the table with the laptop on it. There were too many pages that I did not want to be bothered to read about it. I should, but I would after I returned.

"I'll check the reports later when I return. I need to go to RA Entertainment to check on the trainees. They are supposed to debut soon, so we have to see who is going first."

"Oh, alright."

After leaving the game company I headed straight for Ra Entertainment. I had to admit I was a bit excited, but slightly nervous as well. Mostly due to me not knowing how this would turn out. Just because I had these groups with future well-known singers and dancers did not mean they would be successful. I was just hoping it would be.

Most of the things I got a hold of ended up doing well. Maybe not amazingly well, but better than most.

On the other hand, I did want something of mines to be a flop. Having no failed venture as of yet the media was hyping me up more and more. It could be getting to my head, but then I have to remember that i'm not doing this for anyone but myself. If it's not related to my game creations or movies, I did not care that much for how it did.

While it was a simple thought to have, I knew it was not easy to stick to that thought.

I entered the large building in downtown Seoul which was bustling with people. The building was seven stories high, a bit on the small size considering the other companies were taller. I could be considered lucky that not as many people knew me here in Korea as they did in the USA.

The security guard at the entrance had to check my badge before I could pass. The badge was used to identify people who worked in the building, along with their titles. I heard that there were some reporters that also had a badge as well.

Inside of going to the top floor, I went to the fourth. It is where the dance studios were, while the music production was done on the fifth. There were six rooms on the floor, each one with a glass door that let people peek inside. I could hear music going on and took a look inside one of the rooms.

There were four girls following the movements of a choreographer, while a man with glasses was seated off to the side with a clipboard in his hand. He seemed to be taking notes before he clapped his hand causing them to stop what they were doing. He rose from his seat and walked over to them, while the girls listened to him.

I wondered who he was, but did not want to bother their training. As I turned around I was startled.

"You nearly scared me to death!"

The woman laughed. "Your korean's gotten better. So, how were they?"

I could not tell if she was curious about my answer or just wanted to see if I had the talent to spot something she saw. Pausing for a moment I looked back through the glass window and liked what I saw. "They are good."

She nodded in agreement. "Yes, good but not great. They can debut next year if they keep up this pace."

"Oh? So which group is closest to their debut?"

"Hard to say. They're all good, and will become great. Each group has something to them, so it is tough competition. With only one slot open at a time, each one of them are trying their hardest. Truthfully, it is why we've been holding back this meeting."

3