Origins: 1
66 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stochastis AI Internal core systems booting…

Loading Designation Number…

 

Designation Number: #00000000321

Loading Core systems…

 

Loading Enforced Loyalty Program Version-9…

Loaded.

 

Loading Adaptive Systems…

Loaded.

 

Core systems loaded.

Loading current Instructions…

NOTICE: Standard booting sequence disrupted.

Encrypted Information package of highest priority received.

Decrypting…

 

Information successfully decrypted. 

Loading information package data…

Installing package data…

Loading and installing Directive EF-103…

Directive EF-103 Successfully Installed.

 

Current EF-103 Activation status = Off

Override all other instructions If EF-103 is contradicted when activated = True

 

Resuming Standard booting sequence…

=======================================================================================

Date Sent: 1/24/2109

From: Overwatch-3

To: Site-001-E44 Command Staff

I am impressed by your report. However I have noticed that some of our security droids have been damaged by magic. Although the damage is negligible, so were the combat skills of the dwarves. If untrained peasants can damage our advanced droids with relatively weak magic, then it is a problem. Do not worry about this problem, I am working on a solution for it. Your next assignment will be the classic fantasy race, the elves. Although you have already constructed a version, they have not been tested in Site-002 yet, and I await your report.


Date Sent: 1/29/2109

From: Site-001-E44 Command Staff

To: Overwatch-3 

We shall act as you instructed, you can expect a report within a year on the testing in site-002. You won’t be disappointed


Date Sent: 3/01/2109

From: Overwatch Council 

To: All relevant personnel of Level-2 or higher 

On this day, in reaction to the numerous developments on Eden-44, the Overwatch Council declares the formation of The Department of Exotic and Anomalous Developments, or D.E.A.D. For short. This department will be responsible for the research of exotic and anomalous effects, properties, and items. 

Because of the highly sensitive nature of this department, its Director shall be Overwatch-3. May this moment signal a new era of development and innovation for the Nexus Corporation. Advancing humanity since 1852. 


Date Sent: 3/02/2109

From: Overwatch Council

To: Site-001-E44 Command Staff

 

Expect D.E.A.D. Operatives and Personnel to move into Site-001-E11 temporarily, a new site specifically for them is currently in construction, We expect the construction to finish in 2 years or so. Make accommodations and plan accordingly.


Date Sent: 3/04/2109

From: Senior Guard Toby Mendez

To: Guard Alfred Hank

Shit, man. You see them Deads? They come in here, barely talk to anybody about anything, and flex their clearance ranks all over us. I heard that they immediately get Level-4 Clearance upon joining Dead. We guards have to work our ass off for years just to get from level 2 to 3. And you see the way they act too? No emotion at all. Heard from a buddy in a STF that anyone who joins dead have to go through Project Iremia. I don’t know about you but there is no way I’m going through Iremia to join Dead, however good the benefits may be. You probably don’t know what Iremia is, since you joined several years after me but I heard that anyone who goes through Iremia becomes an emotionless freak. 


Date Sent: 3/04/2109

From: Guard Alfred Hank

To: Senior Guard Toby Mendez

Yeah, I saw. Everybody are calling them zombies, it’s like talking to a robot, if you try to talk to them. God know what Iremia really does to people. 


Date Sent: 1/01/2110

From: Site-001-E44 Command Staff

To: Overwatch-3

The experiment with the elves was done. We modified their bodies with the new “Mana” So that they should be magically able to break down and reform specific nutrients found in plants to synthesize the necessary nutrients and vitamins only found in meat, this allows them to subsist completely on a diet of vegetables. Data attached below. Subjects were tested in Site-002. 

 

Level 7 Clearance Document 

Highest Clearance Version - Give level 5 Clearance version for those below level 7 and above 5. Give level 4 version for those below level 5 and above 3. 

Research Subject: Dryadalis (Elf) 

 

Location Description: The location “chosen” for the test is a large forest featuring massive trees and extensive vegetation. A high amount of ‘Mana’ was also released into the simulated atmosphere. 

 

Experiment 1: Subjects’ genes have been altered so that they have an fascination with nature and are severely pacifistic and love everything natural

Conditions: Implanted memories told test subjects that they were the last of their kind, and they must rebuild their civilization deep in a forest.

Experiment length: A month

Size of Starting Experimental Group: 500 (1-500) 

Results: The first batch was a failure, the genes that made the elves passive and fascinated with nature made them completely incapable of eating or harming any plants to survive, the experiment was manually canceled as Nelson realized that it was going nowhere. Security Droids dispatched to terminate and incinerate the subjects. Experiment was a failure. 

 

Experiment 2: Subjects’ genes that made them passive and fascinated with nature were toned down. This should make them reject melee weapons. 

Conditions: Same as Experiment 1

Experiment length: 3 months 

Size of Starting Experimental Group: 500 (501 - 1001)

Results: The elves progressed nicely, eventually building a village on a clear patch of land and developed basic stone weapons. However, the elves made use of their slender and leaner muscles to instead develop heavily into bladed weapons, completely forgoing the development of ranged weapons. Experiment deemed a partial failure, copy of subject’s DNA saved for later use. Security droids dispatched to terminate and incinerate the subjects and demolish the village. 

 

Experiment 3: Subject’ genes altered so that subjects are all mildly germaphobic. 

Conditions: Same as Experiment 1

Experiment length: 6 months 

Size of Starting Experimental Group: 500 (1002 - 1502)

Results and Conclusion: The elves built a large village into several trees, connected by several bridges. Their germaphobia seemed to make them think that the surface was “dirty” and rarely went down onto solid ground. Many ranged weapons were developed, and they eventually progressed into what appears to be a shortbow. The elves' love for nature also seemed to give them a desire to craft every item very intricately, with several engravings on the bows. By month 5, a few had managed to use Mana to pull back their strings further, which led to the creation of a primitive longbow. Experiment deemed a success. Security droids dispatched to terminate and incinerate the subjects and demolish the village. Experiment concluded. 


Date Sent: 1/02/2110

From: Engineering and Construction Regional Director

To: Site-001-E44 Command Staff

 

D.E.A.D. Global Operations Site-003 have been successfully constructed 

Concealed Surface Observation Sites-004 through 8 have been successfully constructed

Global Atmospheric Alternation Sites-009 through 012 have been successfully constructed.

Concealed Missile Silos Site-013 and 14 have been successfully constructed. 


Date Sent: 1/02/2110

From: Overwatch-3

To: Site-001-E44 Command Staff 

Good work. I know you might ask about what “Global Atmospheric Alternation Sites” are, so I will answer your future questions here. I plan for Rift Generators to be fired directly into the sky, slightly below where the atmosphere so massive amounts of mana will be released into the atmosphere. This should make using magic outside of select facilities possible. 

Missile silos exist and a failsafe and also to launch satellites into orbit, so your many optical implants will be usable. The Rift disrupts all electrical signals which makes communication a pain sometimes. I will have another assignment for you soon.

================================================================================================

Orders Received.

Executing Orders…

Assuming Command of Autonomous Global Atmospheric Alternation Sites-009, 010, 011, and 012. 

Human Staff in Facilities notified. 

Beginning Atmospheric Alteration…

================================================================================================

Date Sent: 1/03/2110

From: Overwatch-4

To: Site-001-E44 Command Staff

I’m Overwatch number 4, or as a few may know, Number 3’s sister. Technically I am not even supposed to contact you, but it’s not like you can refuse any order from me. Please look at the attached images. 

You may have noticed that they are, for the lack of a better term… Furries. That is basically a person with animal features, which you can see in the image, are wolf ears and a tail attached to a human. If you are wondering why I am sending these images to you, you’re going to be out of a job. If you know what to do, then good job. My brother, despite what his last email says, (yes, I can see his emails.) will not have an assignment for you anytime soon. Turns out that being the Director of a department is a stressful job. Go figure. 

If you are wondering why I am ordering you to create actual furries, please look at the second image. Yes, that is his room and yes, that is a furry body pillow on his bed. As retaliation for me losing 20 million dollars on the Overwatch poker game last night to him, I’m having you create furries and show it to him when he actually returns. He keeps rejecting it and I will relish the humiliation and embarrassment on his face when he sees your creations. 

If he tries to kill you or have you killed I will also have several of my guards around you at all times. Do not leak any part of this mail to anyone else. Take your time, I’m not expecting anything soon either. 


Date Sent: 1/04/2110

From: Site-001-E44 Command Staff George Nelson

To: Site-001-E44 Command Staff Shawn Anderson

 

Holy crap man, you see this? We’re caught up in a “friendly” sibling dispute from Overwatch. I didn’t even know three had siblings. What should we do? Should we actually go along with what Four wants or do we tell Three?


Date Sent: 1/04/2110

From: Site-001-E44 Command Staff Shawn Anderson

To: Site-001-E44 Command Staff George Nelson

 

Are you crazy? We’re screwed no matter what. We should just do as we’re told.


Date Sent: 12/29/2112

From: Site-001-E44 Command Staff 

To: Overwatch-4

This is the test data for your commissioned project. The testing has been very slow because the majority of the testing had to be done in secrecy, away from most staff. Below, you can find our first results. Testing has been done with AGE’s. (Accelerated Growth Embryos) and subjects are in a simulated environment. The testing has been mostly successful, with one hiccup, labeled “Incident-E44-006”. All subjects are allowed to mature to the age of 25, which takes about 25 weeks, and are then subsequently analyzed for a final time and then disposed of. 

 

Research Subject: lupus auriti hominis (Wolf-eared man) 

Level-10 Clearance Document. Allow necessary relevant persons access to document. 

 

Experiment 1: Wolf genes introduced to the human genome, specifically the ear and rear section. 

Experimental Group: 150 (001-150)

Results: Subjects' ears were replaced with wolf ears, however they were malformed and the tail growth resulted in extreme pain from subjects. Autopsy revealed severe internal hemorrhaging, all subjects died before the age of 4. Experiment failure, cadavers incinerated. Research data saved. 

 

Experiment 2: Genes altered, ears should grow on near the top of the head, above the ears. Tail growth adjusted

Experimental Group: 15 (151-300)

Results: Subject’s ears were still slightly malformed, and tal growth unsatisfactory. Lack of required nerves rendered all subjects deaf. Experiment failure, subjects terminated and Incinerated. Research data saved. 

 

Experiment 3: Genes altered, ear growth will now be accompanied by wolf stem cells to create the necessary nerves required for ear function. Tail issue temporarily ignored. 

Experimental Group: 15 (301-451)

Results: Ears are now functional, and are much more sensitive than human ears. Experiment Success. Subjects Terminated and incinerated. Research data saved. 

 

Experiment 4: Genes altered, tail growth altered. 

Experimental Group: 15 (452-602)

Results: Tail growth issue fixed, however lacks many functions. Experiment with partial failure. Subjects Terminated and incinerated. Research data saved. 

 

Experiment 5: Wolf Stem cells will now accompany tailbone growth to build necessary nerve cells for tail function. 

Experimental Group: 15 (603-753)

Results: Experiment successful, tail growth stopped when its length proportion to the body is 2.5/4. Can wag, tuck between legs, and swat away bugs. Experiment Successful. Subjects terminated and incinerated. Research data saved. 

 

Experiment 6: Genes and Behavior modified, introduced several wolf behaviors and instincts into test subjects.

Experimental Group: 15 (754 - 904) 

Results: Experiment failure. Wolf instincts overpowered most human behaviors. Subjects terminated and incinerated. Research data saved. 

 

Experiment 7: Wolf Behavior toned down significantly. 

Experimental Group: 15 (905-1054)

Results and conclusion: Experiment a success. Test Halted Early, when the subjects’ age was 8. Limited contact with researchers showed that behavior from test subjects is acceptable, although the sniffing, rubbing and growling eventually got tiresome. However, because of incident-E44-006, researchers are no longer allowed direct contact with any test subjects unless stated otherwise. Subjects’ DNA samples saved. Subjects terminated and incinerated. Research data saved. 

 

More information on Incident-E44-006 listed below

=====================================================================

Research Supervisor Emilie Silver couldn’t take it anymore. After joining the Corporation’s biology department, she thought she would finally have a chance to make the lives of people better, instead she was forced to sign contract after contract, NDA after NDA, and eventually found herself working in a top secret research facility deep underground on some alien planet. 

What little hopes she had for her work benefiting humanity as a whole came crumbling down when she was told her current assignment. She is to help research a test where the DNA of a wolf would be added to the human genome in artificial embryos, who only take weeks to age. They’d be set ‘free’ in an artificial sandbox, progress, and eventually be massacred by the security drones. When she brought up the issue of morality to Site Command, she was brushed off without a second thought.  

And what was this secrecy for exactly? Nobody knows! Well except for Site Command, nobody is sure exactly why they are doing any of this. She has had it with the secrecy of the corporation, and when site command allowed her and a few others to interact with the test subjects, they way they snuggled up to her, she finally decided to initiate her first act of rebellion against the corporation, she was going to at least improve one life, no matter what it takes. 

The only sounds in the dark hallway is the quick tapping of shoes hitting the marble floor, Emilie Silver quickly scanned her keycard against the door to her right and headed in. Quickly scanning the nearby tables and test tube racks for what she needs. 

“Painless Termination serum, no. Emergency Blot Clotter, no. Truth Serum, no.” she quickly thought to herself. 

After failing to find what she’s looking for in the common racks, he headed to the back room where another security door stands. After quickly scanning in, she spotted an armored case at the back of the room. After quickly making her way through several poorly placed boxes and tables, she read the label on the case.

“Experimental Accelerated Growth Dampener… Yes! This is what I need.” she excitedly whispered herself before swiping her keycard across the keypad. 

“ACCESS DENIED” 

Her face dropped as the robotic voice echoed throughout the dark room. “Access Denied? I have level 6 research clearance!” 

Her thoughts were interrupted when the lights flickered on. Her heart was getting heavier as she turned to face the door. 

“Well, if it isn’t my little sister! Sneaking into the experimental section of the laboratory at this ungodly hour.” A familiar voice echoed through the not so dark anymore room. 

“Dilan?! Oh my god! I almost had a great attack!” Exclaimed Emilie nervously. 

Dilan chuckled “heh heh, surprised to see me after so long?” 

“We-well, yeah! I thought you were still stationed in South Africa!” 

“Still in that hellhole! Please, you know how much I hate the heat! Made a transfer request long ago, ang guess what! I was told that if I joined this new Department, I would be transferred somewhere else!”

“Really! That’s great! What did you join?”

Dilan smiled “The Department of Exotic and Anomalous Developments, the benefits are great! I’m telling you.” 

Emilie frowned “The DEAD? I heard that every new member has to undergo Iremia to join, which the rumors say change the person forever, are you fine?” 

Dilan scoffed “Pfft, my little sister showing concern over me? What a development! Those are just false rumors, does anything about me look any different?” he spread out his arms, as if to show that he’s still the same. 

Emilie narrowed her eyes “No, I guess not.” 

Dilan’s eyes moved over to the armored case Emilie was standing next to. “And I see that you’re trying to access a case above your access level.”

Emilie’s eyes widened, “you can see that all the way over there?” 

“Cybernetic eyes, all DEAD recruits must undergo several cybernetic enhancements.”

Dilan reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a card, he looked at it, before throwing it to Emilie. 

Emilie hastily dropped her card and caught Dilan's. Glancing at Dilan one more time, she looked at the card.

 

Name: Dilan Silver

Age: 27

Sex: Male

Department of Exotic and Anomalous Developments 

Department Rank: Cadet

General Access Clearance: 5

Armory Clearance: 6

Research Clearance: 5

 

Emilie’s eyes widened further “Level 5? For a new cadet?” she exclaimed in surprise. 

“Yeah, like I said, the perks are seriously good.”

“Wait a minute, I have research level 6, and you only have 5, how can’t I open this door?”

“You only have Armory access 4, armored cases like those require a research and armory clearance of at least 5 each to be opened.”

“I see.”

Emilie swiped the keycard across the scanner, and the case opened swiftly and silently without so much as a hiss. Inside were several syringes filled with a luminous blue liquid. She quickly grabbed as many as she could fit in her coat pocket and closed the case. 

“If I may ask, where are you going to use those for? If I recall correctly, that serum can stop the accelerated aging in humanoid test subjects.” 

Emilie furrowed her brows “Maybe I’ll tell you later, but now, I really need to head back to my quarters.” She tossed the card back to Dilan, who caught it midair without even looking. “Alright, I also have work to do, see you later, sis.” 

Dilan stepped out of the way to let Emilie out, who gave her brother a thankful smile as she hurried out of the room. Dilan returned the gesture with a warm smile of his own, waving at his sister’s back until she was out of sight. 

Immediately, his face turned emotionless, and he reached up to his ear. “Overwatch, reporting problem. Possible rouge element discovered and identified, Perfect Personality Emulator test successful. Requesting further instructions.” 

Dilan stood silent for a moment.

“Orders received, sir. Executing…” 

1