Chapter 9 – Gang Gang
1.7k 5 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

A power level of 10 wasn't anything impressive. It wasn't like Yamcha was only as strong as two people with a power level of 5. 

 

The fastest man alive in his last world can't be outrun by two people who can run half as fast as him. But combining the speed of those two people is a different matter. 

 

Yamcha takes the radio from one of the guys and calls them. 

 

"Sir, we need back up." After the message was said, he crushed the radio in his hand. If he were going to fight the Rabbit Gang, he would do it right. Not that Shounen bullshit where he would just leave and assume horrible things didn’t happen to this place after he left. 

 

‘Unlike Goku, I don't feel comfortable leaving my enemies alive long enough for them to become trouble. Also, I hate cliches. Him somehow becoming stronger and then coming after me, later on, would be lame.’ Yamcha casually walked into town, with many people looking at him with gratitude, awe, and a sense of fear.

***

 

A humanoid rabbit with white fur, wearing a suit and sunglasses, sat on a chair that looked like a throne. 

 

Monster Carrot was a big deal around these parts, and he knew that. Sure, he looked like a rabbit and had been made fun of for most of his life. But no one does that now. 

 

Yet recently, some boy with a monkey's tail had beaten some of his men in a restaurant and taken their food. Another one had reportedly killed some of his men in the center square. 

 

Sure, his subordinates were scumbag degenerates, but they were HIS scumbag degenerates. 

 

His house was a mansion hidden in the mountains. The whole place had paintings of carrots and rabbits. 

 

Monster Carrot wasn't his real name, but he had forgotten his name a while ago. (Not really, but it made him feel cooler when he said that. Also, his men respected it more.)

 

At the same time, some people might think that gangs have an unlimited supply of members. That isn't the case at all. 

They wouldn't be committing extortion and petty crimes in a small town if they had many members. Sure, Monster Carrot turned someone into a carrot with magical abilities and ate them sometimes. But that's only for intimidation purposes. To scare the people into submission. Because in reality, a gun and someone who knew about his ability were enough to end him. 

 

When he was young, other people had always made fun of him about how they would eat him and bullied him.

He walked through his mansion, and no one was there. It was normal, and the gang only had twelve members. But with his ability to turn anyone he touches into a carrot, Monster Carrot knew he was undefeatable. 

So he got in his car and drove to town, where his men reported some emergency. All their radios were connected so they could talk to each other without problems. 

He drove to town and parked on the outskirts as he wore a cloak. Crazy Carrot didn't have any of his men with him. "Fuck, why weren't they answering the phone?"

Monster Carrot had called while driving, but none of his men answered. Of course, he stopped the car every time he called them; he's a gang boss, not an irresponsible guy. 

 

Stealthily sneaking through town with a cloak on, Monster Carrot could find in the town's square; his men were all unconscious and lying on the ground. In contrast, a long-haired young man sat atop one of the men's backs. His eyes were inquiring as he looked everywhere. His eyes were sharp like a hawk, making one nervous even to keep eye contact with him. 

 

"This guy looks like trouble," Monster Carrot would normally go and offer someone a handshake. But the cautious young man didn't seem like someone who would fall for this thing. wouldn't fall for a trick like that. 

 

He regretted not making his powers more secret. If you asked anyone in town, they would know his powers because he had used them publicly. But he had never expected a situation like this before too. 

 

While thinking of how to handle this, a sudden revelation came. And Monster Carrot understood that if he only had to touch the young man with his hand, he would be turned into a carrot. Even a cautious man wouldn’t be able to keep an eye on everything or be omnipotent. 

 

So Monster Carrot went and tried that. With his cloak on him, he stumbled as if drunk and sneakily approached the young girl the man was around. Planning to take her as a hostage after turning her into a carrot. 

But as he approached, Fwish!... a stone flew right over his head. It wasn’t a normally thrown stone as Monter Carrot felt the wind from the small shockwave hit his face. Also, he could have sworn that the stone had some shining light around it, but maybe his eyes were just playing tricks as he was quite stressed out today. With his sunglasses, he might have miss-seen something.

 

He turned toward the source and saw the young man smirking at him while juggling a stone in his hand. “Where do you think you’re going, little guy?”

The smirk on the young man’s face said a thousand words. He wasn’t surprised or nervous at all. “Yo, my name is Yamcha, and I am the guy who beat your schmucks. Hmmm~ the ability to turn things into carrots? Now I remember you.”

 

Remember him? When? How? What?! Did he know someone like this before? Maybe the man was here for revenge. Monster Carrot felt a chill in his heart. His enemy already knew his ability and how he looked. 

 

But what no one knew, Monster Carrot had one last plan that no one would ever think someone as proud as him would use. He had only used this secret technique two times before, and it had won him a hard fight; it had a 100% success rate. 

 

The humanoid rabbit got on his knees until his forehead touched the ground. “Please forgive me! Master Yamcha, I will never do this again!”

 

“Ahaha, there’s no need to be that polite,” Yamcha got closer to him, and Carrot felt a bead of sweat roll down his white-furred face. The young man crouched in front of him, and the rabbit humanoid pulled up his head to look Yamcha right in the eyes. 

 

“C’mon now, get up,” Yamcha smirked and offered him a hand. “Your power is quite useful.”

 

Carrot looked at the offered hand and twitched as he thought of grasping it and turning his opponent into a carrot. All of this would be over then. But for some reason, as he thought of that, every hair in Carrot’s body stood up. 

 

He was scared and felt like he was back in those days when he didn’t have his power, and everyone bullied him. 

 

But he slowly extended his hand, and Yamcha didn’t flinch as their hands touched. 

Carrot kept staring at Yamcha’s face. Once again, there wasn’t an ounce of hesitation in his eyes. Overwhelming confidence, as if he could kill him with just a thought. Which made Carrot feel even more afraid.

 

Was this bravado? Maybe a bluff? No, there’s no reason for lies. Only a mad man would do something like this. 

 

“W -Who are you?” Asked Carrot, feeling like there was something about Yamcha that he couldn’t quite put his finger on. Martial Artists at this level should be quite well known.

 

“The hero, obviously,” Yamcha answered as if this was evident; he sure looked malicious. There was something dangerous in the young man’s eyes that Carrot couldn’t entirely put his finger on. “Oh, also, I need to ‘eliminate’ your gang. I am testing the parameters of what that word means. I wouldn’t like killing you, but if I have, then I will.”

 

For some reason, for the first time in his life, Carrot started thinking that maybe his powers weren’t all that good. Also, that feeling grew deeper… No, it no longer was fear, as it had grown into absolute terror. 

 

He immediately let go of Yamcha’s hand and bowed again, his forehead hitting the ground so hard that he started bleeding. “Please! Don’t kill me! Spare our-... NO, just my life is enough!”

 

“Hmmm~” Yamcha hummed nonchalantly as if he was still thinking. But Carrot could feel the hairs of his spine stand at an end as every instinct screamed at him. 

 

“Please, sir! Spare me! I will work for you like a slave, and I can cook and do laundry!” His desperate pleas fell on deaf ears as Yamcha touched the back of his bowing head. 

*******

A/N: I just realized how uncreative I am with titles when I have to think of something on the fly. The next chapters’ title isn’t any better either and barely has any relationship with the chapter.

80