Arc 1, Chapter 9
42 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unsurprisingly, the cyclops immediately reacted and swung their club at my flying self to swat me out of the sky. Fortunately for me, through forethought, I had already expected this reaction and promptly did a frontflip mid-air to kick off the huge club.

 

Using the added momentum from the swing, I jump towards one of the other cyclops. With my ultra-sharp sword held in front above me, like a metal-tipped dart I flew right into the eye of one of the larger cyclops. My sword stabbed into the eye as if cutting through melted butter.

(A/N: They have butter!)

 

Not one to waste an opportunity, I sliced downwards while holding onto the large monster's eyelid making a slit in the huge orb. Quickly I retrieved my magicules from my sword and sheathed it. Then, I grabbed onto the monster's eyelid with my right hand and plunged my left hand, still holding a spell tablet, into the now blind eye.

 

Fortunately, as I was about to fall off the monster or unfortunately, another cyclops pulled me off the one I was clinging to and began to crush me in its massive hand.

 

" AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!" I shouted as I tried to ignore my breaking ribs and arms as I focused on detonating the spell tablet in the newly blinded cyclops. With yet another [Explosion] I took out another cyclops. Through my reddening vision and the quickly increasing pain from being crushed I let out a strangled laugh at the shower of blood that I had created.

 

The cyclops holding me in its grasp growled in frustration and began to squeeze harder. Seeing no other option, I activated my unique skill [Burning Rage]. Immediately, my anger and hate for monsters clouded my thoughts an-

 

(3rd person POV)

The cyclops attempting to crush Magnir Flare, frowned as he heard the human scream. The scream was not one out of pain nor out of terror instead dense killing intent emitted from the human. The cyclops then felt the human heat up. His one eye widened as he realised what was about to happen or at least what he thought would happen and decided to throw Magnir into one of the many buildings around them.

 

With a huge crash that created a lot of debris, Magnir was thrown through a wall. Not a second later, the cyclopes who were ready to celebrate felt a magical anomaly. The magicules in the air began flowing to where the human presumably had fallen.

 

Suddenly, the entire building burst into flames and a pinkish-haired naked man pulled himself out of the rubble. The human, no, demonoid(Majin), was covered in quickly healing wounds. His right arm was twisted the wrong way and blood flowed from both his eyes and nose.

 

What was most bizarre was the heat that the demonoid was emitting. The ground he was standing on smoked as he took slow and unstable steps toward his enemies. This time, however, the cyclopes were prepared. Each of the monsters brandished their weapons and kept their eyes trained on the newly minted demonoid.

 

They paid no attention to the rest of the fleeing humans, in this sense, Magnir had succeeded in protecting his village. Though the rather stupid and hotheaded former human simply could not ignore an opportunity to kill every monster he came across, he had still made sure that the people he considered to be HIS were safe. Such was the responsibility he had burdened himself with.

 

Still under the effects of [Burning Rage], Magnir took a horse riding stance for stability and pumped his fists to his hips. Then, he roared at the monsters. Getting their cue to attack, the cyclopes charged at the admittedly powerful being before them.

 

Charged with the inherent skill [Giant's Strength], the closest cyclops swung his club at the demonoid. In the tiny bit of clarity that Magnir currently had, he began using the style of close-quarters combat that he had been practising for nearly his entire life, relying on instincts to do so. In a feat of strength, Magnir stopped the club in its tracks with a quick block.

 

Following that, Magnir used his other unique skill another thing that he had had his entire life, [Match Light]. No longer limited by his lack of internal magicules, in an instant, the other end of the club that was in the cyclops' grip burst into flames. Shocked and surprised, the cyclops let go of his weapon. The humungous club dropped onto the ground unceremoniously.

 

Immediately following the first club, another was swung and another and another. Each block and set alight by Magnir using [Match Light]. The skill that sets alight whatever Magnir thought of as the head of the object or person he touches when using the skill.

 

Soon, the monsters ran out of clubs and the first fist was thrown. Heading directly for Magnir's head, Magnir reacted to it by finally breaking his horse riding stance and sidestepping. As the giant fist passed him, he touch the cyclops' arm and activated [Match Light]. Instantaneously, the cyclops' head burst into flames killing the monster immediately as the creature's brain and eye melted.

 

Seeing the monster die, Magnir roared in triumph and threw himself at his next victim. Though Magnir was far more powerful now than before, he was still only one person and though he had taken out nearly three-quarters of the 200 cyclopes that had attacked the last fifty or so had finally realised how to deal with him.

 

After about 4 days of constant fighting, 43 cyclopes can be seen collecting materials such as large boulders or tree trunks, whereas the remaining 3 cyclopes had their hands full throwing these things at Magnir who had long lost consciousness. Still, he was in a horse riding stance deflecting the things being thrown at him with devastating punches and swings.

 

Though he was unconscious, the cyclopes had found out the hard way that he would still attack them as if possessed. In a sense, the monsters were correct. Magnir was running solely on his hatred for monsters. Though Magnir had thought that [Burning Rage] enhanced his anger, it simply brought his existing hatred forward and literally used it as fuel for the skills and that fuel was starting to run out.

 

Fortunately, the imperial army stepped in before that could happen. Tired beyond belief, Magnir's body collapsed after the projectiles stopped coming as the monsters were distracted by the army's attack.

0