CH 6- Outer space
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10 minutes later we successfully move all the crates into the spaceship and get ready for takeoff.

During these 10 minutes, my mind felt uneasy, why did the government give us weapons?

They must have known that it is a high chance we would shoot the soldiers the second they turn their backs right?

As hundreds of possibilities go through my head I try to stay calm and deny them.

"It's to protect us from whatever we might encounter out there" Tommy puts on his helmet and points at the air.

They wouldn't give it to us unless we need it right? I ask

"I don't need any more evidence, I just have to hope we don't encounter anything." Tommy avoids eye contact as he looks visibly shaken up just thinking about this idea.

Fredrick puts on his helmet, tucks puts his laptop under his armpit, and proceeds to walk into the spaceship, I follow behind him as I close the door to the spaceship.

That everyone? Tommy asks

Jim-Ya.

Almain-Mhm

Fredrick-(Shakes Head)

Me- Yea.

Okay boys, let's get ready for takeoff everyone strap in.

I show slight signs of uneasiness, "You sure you can handle this Tommy?"

"No, but I studied the flight section of the book several times, once I get it off the ground autopilot should take care of the rest."

"Hurry up please" Fredrick taps his foot as he waits impatiently

"What's wrong?" Tommy responds

"I'm on the verge of finding something important, just please hurry it up, If it's what I think it is then its possible life or death."

Tommy confused, clicks a series of buttons and full throttles the spaceship as it blasts off into the air.

10 minutes later there finally out of the earth's atmosphere and into the exosphere we are in outer space, they can see the earth and Outer space.

Pete stays in his seat as the others unbuckle and start to float.

Grabbing onto a bar in the spaceship to maneuver, they stare out of the window.

Wow, the earth isn't flat what a disappointment Jim mumbles.

Almain laughs.

As Fredrick floats he grabs the bar and goes back to where he sat down before, he straps himself to the seat so he doesn't float away.

No gravity feels unreal, It's a sensation I never felt before.

Uncomfortable he goes back to his laptop.

Tommy stares through the window in awe, "If this is the last place I die, I truly have no regrets."

Jim "I wish Yelena could see this...."

"Floating is soo fucking uncomfortable Godammit I hate not having control." Jim grunts

"They told me gravity was a myth, this is crazy it's like we're in an entirely new world," Almain says as he is both surprised and shocked

Almain stares down at the earth through the window "Finally we are above you"

As they all float around they crack jokes and poke fun.

Be careful, don't hit the side of the wall you might turn off something, we don't want to die here now do we? Tommy says to Jim as he's floating around having fun.

10 minutes later, I open my eyes waking from my meditation, I tried to block out the noise as I notice the guys are a bit more relaxed, I see Tommy trying to get some sleep in his sleeping bag buckled into his seat. His efforts are futile he is probably uneasy, Jim I assume is in the bathroom and Almain is still staring through the window.

I finally decide to take a look as I peer through the window what I see cannot be described in a paragraph or a full sentence at least not in my eyes.

All I needed was 2 words.

                                                                                                              "It's Boundless."

'Boundless possibilities.'

'Boundless possibilities of what exists.'

'Boundless possibilities of life.'

'Boundless possibilities of death.'

'Excitement is not the correct word and neither is fear, this truly strikes the grey area in between these 2 emotions.

As I see Jim floating from the bathroom it just struck me, that this guy doesn't know how to function the Space Shuttle Waste Collection System (space toilet) everything is different here.

Dude why- I try to inform him

Jim yawns "Don't you worry mate, I read the bathroom section of the Book first" he then gestures a thumbs up.

"Ok..."

Jim floats towards Fredrick he uses the bars to guide himself towards him.

???? Jim bamboozled asks

"Wait you have internet in space?"

"Yes, we do"

"How?"

Almain floats towards them both interested to see.

"Dude, it's complicated" Fredrick facepalms annoyed

"I'm not stupid blud, explain-"

"The basis for internet connectivity in space is a network of monitoring and data relay satellites that space scientists and engineers on the ground use to interact with astronauts on the International Space Station," Fredrick says quickly

"Wow, I lowkey understood that..." Jim chuckles

Bullshit Almain Fredrick both say at the same time as you can also hear Tommy mutter the same thing in his sleeping bag.

"How fast is it?" Almain asks as he stares at his laptop.

"Not fast, I can hardly watch videos on 144p, it's mainly for sending emails, research, and news."

'Something's up with this kid how did he get a laptop in the first place? I can't be the only one that's skeptical here' Tommy has an inner monologue.

"Oh my god..." Fredrick taps his leg uneasily as he shivers slightly

"Guys, you need to see this, I've been looking for and researching if there are any survivors from this project."

"I had to go through hundreds of forums, news sites, dark web leaks, and everything."

"I finally found someone but something is wrong and it is bad."

Do You think Fredrick is suspicious? Or is Tommy overthinking things
  • Yes He is sus Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Overthinking Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0