Upgrade Remorse
88 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Slow releases (glacially) but im trying to continue...
  • Yay! Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Ok... Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I wish it was Faster Votes: 1 16.7%
Total voters: 6

"Holly? That's an odd name for a boy. And those are some interesting Prosthetics. But heres your Order."

"Thank you."

We were in a small town in what used to be Colorado, Cthon Cult Territory... it had been a month, With no results. Delta was reporting to HQ that the mission might be a wash. I was just thankful to be given orders to follow. I... I don't know how to... to BE. But being outside, I'm starting to get flashes. Memories. I remember I liked Hot Chocolate, And there was a Cafe, So I Bought one with the Cash I'd been given. I had just finished it, when three hooded men slid into the booth. Two had masks depicting a huge eye. The third... had no face at all, just a mechanical Skull.

"You have been hard to find M66."

"I Cannot Imagine Why. I came here looking For You, Masters. I escaped those Attackers shortly after They took me. The Scientists said They worked with the Eyes... so I came here."

"Very well then. Follow me."

I stood to follow the Faceless man. <Delta, Reporting in. Jackpot.>

<affirmative. Continue monitoring Delta.>

The machine in my head was VERY Excited. If we had known... perhaps things would have been different. Better. But we couldn't have known that I, M#66, Wouldn't be returning from the mission. Or that Delta would be Destroyed. 

We were led to a large Tanker Truck... a mobile Lab. And I was strapped to a table. We drove, while they messed with my body, Looking for bugs. After an hour, we stopped. The Table was carried out of the Lab truck By the masked ones. They carried me down a long hallway, and into a room where an old man lay, attatched to a machine. Then, they began removing my self-made Emplants, including Delta's Eye. I hoped it was broadcasting. Two Odd Tubes were in the room. One contained an adult Body, the other a Small Child. These were connected to a device. They put me into that device, shaped like a Stasis Pod. Still immobilized.

"Now, say goodbye, M#66. This device will Extract your mutation, and implant it in these Clone Bodies... one will be for our employer, the other shall serve as Vessel to our God! Farewell, Failed weapon!"

He threw a Switch... and I was lost in pain. I felt Another machine nearby, Transferring The mind of that Elderly man into the older Body... and had an idea... I couldn't stop that mans transfer... but... A god bound in flesh? That sounded bad... As my body began to liquefy, I swiftly Moved my mind along the Network Interface between the Machines... I left my body behind... As I followed my plan, I saw through the Security Cameras... I watched my death. Then moved into the Smaller Stasis pod. I had to wait... 

I heard Explosions... the others were here... then I noticed a second presence... <delta? Are you Active?>

<Holly? You were liquefied. How do you Speak?>

<I am unsure. But I have a plan. Can you get into the main computers from where you are?>

<yes.>

<then here is the Plan...>

[The Raid Party POV]

I was usually safe at home... but I had to be here this time. Number TwentyTwo. My Mutation is nothing special. I can, Among a few other things, Absorb and redirect Kinetic Force. Which is how I opened the blast doors. I had 6 Wail on me for 45 minutes... the man can crush a tank with his super strength.

Now imagine that force, more than 100 fold, redirected at a single point. Which leads to my second Ability. I'm sturdy. Any normal person would have Atomized their arm with a punch like that. That's why they call me SafeCracker... well, 6 and 0 Anyway. 

Now to find that kid.

<alert! ALERT! INTRUDERS! INTRUDEZZZzzzzz-Z-BEEEP---- Hello? Is this working?>

"Delta?"

<Ah! 22! Excellent! M#66 is dead. I repeat. M#66 has been Liquefied. Project Doll is Active. Retreat! You cant win in the Corridors! He's COMING!>

The passage ahead Exploded. And a Man walked calmly toward us.

"Hello, Dear Invaders. I Am Project Doll-Alpha. But you can call me... Death. For that is what I bring you." 

Then he was suddenly in front of me... he hit... and everything went black.

When I came to, I realized time had passed. 23 was desperately dodging attacks, and Six was missing an arm, and wasn't moving. Then the fight stopped. I didn't know what was happening... until I saw her. A naked little Girl, Her arm encased in a blade made of Scrap metal, Penetrating the Enemy. As i watched, The Man began screaming... And his body started to melt... billions of Nanites Were Devouring him. I... I Am Ashamed to admit I Pissed my pants. Then a sharp throb took my Consciousness again.

[Inside the lab]

Okay. Plan underway. First, preparations... after the First body awakened, then left, killing Anyone in it's way, I sent my consciousness into the smaller body. No god would inhabit this vessel. I'm taking it for myself. Huh. I guess I'm being reborn. Well. Happy birthday to me, time to stop a monster.

The pod opened... and so did my eyes. I could see. I tried moving. Okay. Seems to work. So I stepped out of the pod.

"Delta?" A sweet sound like a bell. "Oh! Odd. New Voice. Delta can you hear me?"

<indeed, Holly. I hear you. I'm Ready. I've Transmitted a Backup to Mother... So... I'll see you on the other side, I guess.>

"No you won't. I'm sorry to ask you to do this, Delta but... this place, its research..."

<I Understand. That is why I am ready to trigger the self destruct. But what do you mean I Will not see you again? My backup can be restored easily.>

"Yes but that's A NEW Delta. It won't be You."

<I See. And humans feel Sentimental at these times, yes? Well. I'll be reborn then. We have that in common. The Numbers are having Trouble. Please hurry with your side of the plan.>

"Okay. And Delta? Godspeed, Soldier. I don't know why, but that seems like the right thing to say."

<Indeed. Godspeed Holly.>

"YES SIR!"

I used my technopathy, which had been transferred to this body, to gather information. And laughed. Those sly Fuckers. This body Received 90% of the other Mutation Transfers, and 100% of mine... meaning that employer of theirs got Cheated. Super Strength, Stealth, Regeneration, Super Speed, super Reflexes, Flight... all mine now. Let's use it. I used the machine I'd been dissolved in, and created nanites that eat flesh. An Anti-Regeneration tactic. Then a made a blade that doubled as a giant Hypodermic Needle... I moved Quickly and Quietly, Past Dead cultists and Scientists... and reached the front doors. His back was turned. Two steps, a single thrust... and it was over. I watched him Liquefy... and the nanites extracted the mutation DNA and transferred it to me. 100% power. A woman I hadn't met yet was watching. She spoke... then passed out.

"A... little girl... what?"

6 was nearly dead, but I used my power to build him a new arm, and stabilize him. 23 was on his knees nearby, Watching me.

"Umm..." that voice again... that'll take some getting used to. "Hey, 23? A little help here! I can MAYBE carry one of them to wherever you guys parked the ship, but not both."

"Who are you? No wait... you have the same stolen powers as that guy, So you are clearly an enemy. You helped kill our newest Ally."

"No actually, I didn't. Stolen powers? Yes. These Fucks stole 8 mutants powers... and made two bodies. But you know what? I stole this body, so I consider it a fair trade! It's In MUCH better shape than my old one... especially since it's just Water vapor now."

"What? Wait. M#66? Is that you, kid?"

"No. He died. It IS Holly, Though. Not so much A codename anymore."

"Holy shit. Well done kid!"

<I hate to interrupt, but I started this thing and I can't stop it. You two get a move on. SELF DESTRUCT IN TEN MINUTES. EXPECT A BLAST RADIUS OF FOURTEEN MILES. Oh Shit. Umm. Run?>

"Self... destruct?"

"Yeah. We should probably grab these two and go. Where did you park?" I asked, easily lifting 6... he blinked over and grabbed the unknown woman, 22.

"This way."

We ran. While I strapped the unconscious duo in, 23 began start up of the Ship... and we... ALMOST didn't make it out. An explosion rocked the Air, And we nearly crashed, but we nade it out.

"23 reporting. Hey one? You Ain't gonna believe this... and have someone waiting at the gate with Clothes sized for a small girl, looks around 7. We have wounded, So get nine out there as well."

[Two weeks later, medical bay.]

I looked around at the assembled Numbers. 0, 1, 3, 5, 9, 22, and 23. One began explaining.

"I know you all, except 23 and 9, are wondering who this girl is. Well. Our Technopath transferred his consciousness into this empty clone to escape, survive, and save your sorry asses. Mother has recognized that contribution. I give you, number Negative One, Holly. Our new secret weapon."

They all cheered. 

"SO! I AM HAVING YOU TO THANK FOR MY NEW APPENDAGE? IT IS INCREDIBLE! I CAN SHOOT LASERS! OR MAKE PERFECT TOAST! IT EVEN MAKES JULIENNE FRIES!"

"Its strange. A new body, much younger, and female, yet still smacks me like a religious lady to an atheist. And has an even better ass. This detective is Interested. I want to bury my face in it."

"GAHAHAHA! SORRY MY MONOLOGUING LITTLE FRIEND! THAT WOULDN'T BE LEGAL! AND ASSBOY IS ASSGIRL NOW!"

He never saw his own fist coming.

"OUCH! IT ALSO HITS LIKE A TRUCK! I AM LOVING THIS HAND VERY MUCH! HAHA! I AM BLEEDING!"

"I DID ask you not to call me that. And YOU! What is your obsession with my Rear?"

"Oh no. She's mad. Like a bull that sat on a beehive. I couldn't answer her question, because I didn't know the answer... there was just something Attractive about it. Something... irresistible. Like the last donut, and its jelly filled, with Sprinkles and Chocolate. Very bad for you but you can't help yourself. I had it bad... real bad..."

Zero was bright red, and started walking away... but I noticed she kept glancing at my bottom. 

"HEY! DON'T JUST TRAIL OFF AND WANDER AWAY! GET BACK HERE, YOU SEEDY DETECTIVE!"

She looked at me and smiled.

"Hahaha! I don't think so, I'm not Going to Roll over for some Dame! I've got cases to solve! See ya later, sweet cheeks!"

And she ran out of the room. Such an odd girl, but, and I have no idea why, I want to play Along.

"Huh. Hey nine? Could my new body's Age Affect my mind?"

"Its possible holly. Why?"

"I have an irresistible urge to chase 0 down and tickle her into submission... I think... I think I want to play..."

"Then I'd say yes... but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Captain?" She looked at One.

"Alright. DISMISSED. And have fun, holly."

She mumbled that last bit, and I didn't hear it, I was already leaving the room. I had a Detective to Catch...

End of Part one.

before Anyone starts  complaining,  Holly's new body is roughly 7 physically, And Noir(0) is not much older. So none of that "oh my god, a pedophile" Crap. Noir is just a very odd little girl. Not a dirty old man, despite her mannerisms. Why? That will be explained later.

3