[Outdated] Episode 11 – A Weapon of my choice
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cosmic Champion

Chapter 2 Guardian of The Forest

Episode 11 – A Weapon of my choice

Announcement

Update [20th April 2024]

- Put the old chapter into Spoiler to prepare for the rework.


Spoiler

[You have successfully blocked the attack with Proof of Friendships.]

“Huh?!”

“I can’t believe I risk my life for a stupid device!”

When the voice from the device rang out, D’Atch suddenly remembered that the call for help was from the device.

He was too occupied with the human corpses followed by a sudden attack of an unknown creature.

Shing!

“And what are you?!”

D’Atch quickly drew his sword and prepared for a fight.

The unknown creature before him was a dark figure. Its whole body was covered in black fog exuded from its body. Its eyes were glowing with dark purple light as if they were small stars. The sword it held was the same color as it eyes but in a simple shape.

Whoom!

The creature did not answer. It suddenly swung the sword to D’Atch again. This time, the sword briefly left some kind of dark energy wave behind its trajectory and its whole blade was engulfed with dark purple energy.

Thwack!

pop!

[You have successfully blocked Dark Energy Slash!]

[The flame of Dark Energy damaged small part of your shield as its materials are inflammable.]

The device reported the situation out loud.

“Damn!”

D’Atch quickly put out the small dark purple flame on his shield by rubbing it on the ground. Thankfully, because the ground was destroyed, the dirt got dug up and the flame was easily worn out.

If the device didn’t report it, he’d have been too late to put out the flame because he never expected that the dark energy could ignite.

Whoom!

The dark creature rushed in and launched another attack.

Thwack!

Kaff!

D’Atch swiped his shield when the attack was about to land even though it would ignite his shield then he stabbed through its chest in one strike.

The dark creature then let out a strange scream similar to a snake and all the fog exuded from its body dispersed into the sunlight and blood spurted out from its mouth.

“Unbelievable…..”

“May the supreme one shines their mercy upon your soul….”

D’Atch slowly and carefully laid the body to the ground which then he noticed that the creature whom had been attacked him were a human all along. He then closed the corpse’ eyes in pity.

“Don’t tell me….those corpses were like him too?”

After putting out the fire on his shield, D’Atch walked around the destroyed area and to his surprise, he found many corpses scattered around underneath the dirt.

[You have successfully defeated a minion of mysterious horror.]

[You have awakened a skill “Parry”]

“A minion of mysterious horror?! Parry!?”

D’Atch was surprised by the strange things the device said.

[It seemed there is someone masterminding the mysterious.]

[Skill “Parry”]

[Swipe your shield to parry attacks. When parry is used when an attack is about to land or within your reach, the damage will not occur and leave the attacker vulnerable.]

The device explained slowly leaving D’Atch confused even more.

….

“Well, I’ll pick you up. You seem to be useful though.”

After silence fell for a few minutes, D’Atch made up his mind and picked up the device then put it on his wrist.

The device’s reports were useful just now. He was glad that he didn’t risk his device for a stupid device.

“If I ask what happened here, can it give me an answer?”

“Tell me, what happened here..... Can you even tell me that though?”

“We have something like this back in N’prin too, but it couldn’t interact as good as this one does….”

[The area was wreaked into a havoc by the fight between the tri-horn wolf and Minions of mysterious horror.]

“Woah…..are you sentient or something? Human’s technology seems advanced than us huh?”

[The system could interact with you even without commands.]

“It really…is…? Whatever! I have something more important to do right now.”

D’Atch almost couldn’t believe what he just heard but then he shook his head and threw away the unnecessary thoughts.

“Do you know the Center? How far can I go there?”

If this device knew about the identity of the dark creature just now then he thought it could lead him to the center.

[You need to travel deeper through many areas to reach the Center.]

“?! Amazing! You are not stupid at all! …. Sorry for that though.”

D’Atch was glad that he finally found a clue to go to the center while feeling guilty for slander the device.

Woof!

A loud and powerful bark exploded in front of him.

[Warning! The Tri-horn wolf is offended because you trespassed in its territory.]

“Ey yo, easy there…. I just wanted to rescue this smart device…no need to chew me….”

D’Atch stared into the wolf’s eyes as he slowly back off.

At first, he was curious why the wolf was called tri-horn wolf, but now it had appeared before him, he instantly understood with just a glance.

A tri-horn wolf, one might imagine that it must have three horns grew on its head, but it’s actually not.

The tri-horn wolf looked so majestic as it’s was about 3 meters tall. Its fur was pure white. But the thing that was wondrous were its horns. One horn grew on its forehead and the other two grew on each side of the back of its mouth curving to the front.

When D’Atch peeped again at its body, he noticed that the three of its horns were stained with dark blood. On its left side, the fur was stained with dark purple color down to its hind leg. Its left eye and the surrounding part were tainted with dark purple color as well.

“Did it just finish the fight and came back here?!”

Suddenly, the giant wolf let out a whimper and shook its head around quite hard like it was dizzy while breathing heavily as if it was suffocating.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

After shaking its head a few times, it snarled menacingly as it slowly turned its head up to look at D’Atch.

[Special Event appeared!]

[A weapon of my choice!]

[Defeat the alpha tri-horn wolf!]

[Reward: A boss weapon!]

“What the fuck?!”

WOOF!

The sudden voice of the device made D’Atch exclaimed in panic then the tri-horn wolf rushed in like lightning.

Thump!

D’Atch instinctively raised his shield up just for it to get mauled by the tri-horn wolf’s claw.

[You blocked the attack of the tri-horn wolf.]

[Proof of Friendships is a special, boss weapon-rarity item, it will not be easily destroyed!]

Although the shield could withstand the attack, D’Atch could still feel the might and pressure of the wolf from its paw.

Woof!

Seeing the shield didn’t get any damages, the wolf changed its attack to biting instead.

Grrrrrr!

GRrr!

As the wolf tried to bite D’Atch’s head off, he raised the shield to block it two-handed in response. The wolf kept snarling, growling, and barking at him intensely as its assault went on.

“Arggghhhhh!”

The horns of its mouth grazed his shoulders every time it tilted its head during attacks.

“Parry!”  *

The moment the wolf rushed its head in, D’Atch smashed his shield at its mouth then quickly backed away.

[That’s not how Parry works….]

“Shut up!”

Grrrrr!

Shing!

D’Atch knew that he couldn’t create much distance so he quickly unsheathed his sword in preparation as the wolf swiftly rushed in for another fight.

Whoosh!

Gaaaahhhh!

He tried to slash the wolf’s neck but it quickly turned its head and stopped the blade with its sharp teeth.

[You sword skill so bad…..]

Clang!

“Aggg!”

The wolf snapped the blade with its sharp teeth after struggling for a few seconds then it swiped its tail making him flew away a few meters.

“Damn it!”

D’Atch saw the sword couldn’t be used anymore and threw it away angrily.

“How am I gonna defeat that thing now?”

Woof!

The tri-horn wolf rushed back in without delay. At that moment, there was a dark purple fog flowing out from the left side of its body. The part with tainted fur to be exact.

Lightning Sting!”

A familiar voice came from behind.


 

*This is a rewrite episode. I am sorry for taking the old 2 eps down without making any notices.
After I considered, I found that I was too much rushed the story to the end. I was trying to end this too soon which leads to the question "why?". At first I planned that this novel would be my first of my series and that I wanted to write this just to learn how to write novels, basically a prototype that I wouldn't care much, but I was wrong.  I'll make this story be worth for remembrance. Thank you for reading!

 

[collapse]
0