[Outdated] Chapter 3: The Derelict Lightning | Episode 20 – Betrayals
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cosmic Champion

Chapter 3: The Derelict Lightning

Episode 20 - Betrayals

Announcement

Update [20th April 2024]

- Put the old chapter into Spoiler to prepare for the rework.


Spoiler

“Device! Find that damned man!”

“He has the device too! You must be able to track him down, right?!”, Zeke spoke furiously.

[Negative. The target is not possessing any device.]

“….Damn it!”, Zeke cursed in silent.

“Wait! What about Adria’s?”

[Target’s signal confirmed but I can not specify the exact location.]

“What do you mean?! Her device is not working properly or what?”, Zeke was getting more and more impatient.

[It seems the target’s signal is being interrupted by some unknown energy. More information is required. The host must find information about said energy.]

“What?! You’re not helping at all! ….”, Zeke blamed the device.

“Wait a minute…unknown energy?...”

“That big wolf also had some kind of dark smoke coming out from its body like him….”

After being silent for a bit, Zeke recalled the fight between the tri-horn wolf.

“…I doubt that alien would know about it..”

“Whatever! I just need to follow them and somehow find her location!”

“Device, even though you can’t specify the exact location, you can still tell if I’m getting closer, right?”

Zeke asked the device to ensure again as he started moving back to the camp.

[Correct.]

“Good. Now I need to get some rations and stuffs before going after them!”, He quickly ran as fast as possible.

….

“Nice! My rapier is still here..”

“Strange….he even left these behind..?”

After reaching the camp, Zeke quickly gathered all the leftover foods and his weapon.

He noticed that Carl did not bring any foods with him which aroused his curiosity.

“I have no time to waste here!”, He tossed the curiosity aside then swiftly came out of the tent only to find seven people in front of him.

“Are you Mr.Zeke?”, a man came in front and asked Zeke.

“..oh! You guys must be the rescue team Mr.Lee sent, right? Please help me! The other girl has just got kidnapped!”

when Zeke saw that there were 7 of them, he remembered that Lee said he sent 7 people to rescue him, so he quickly asked for their help.

4 of them were men and the rest were women. They all armed with guns but dressing unlike soldiers.

In fact, their clothes were slightly weird. It’s like their clothes were custom made.

“Kidnapped?”, the man in front of the group with black long coat asked. His face looked so unbothered.

“Yes, sir! The other guy in my team, that damned Carl went to the desert area and disappeared along with her!”, Zeke explained in panic.

“Desert area?”, the man slowly walked in front of Zeke

“Thanks, buddy.”, his thank made Zeke frown with how bizarre it was.

Thud!

Suddenly, something smacked Zeke’s head from behind making him immediately passed out.

“Tie him up with chains. Don’t use rope. The director said that he harnesses the power of lightning. The rope might melt down.”

“You go back with him. We’ll retrieve the corpses”

The person in black coat ordered the man that knocked Zeke out.

“What about the other two he said, sir?”, the man asked as he tying Zeke up with chains.

“Corpses are the first priority. Even those two know about our secret, they can’t leave this planet anyway!”

“After dealing with the corpses, we can try searching for them later.”, the captain said while walking the opposite way.

“Roger, captain!”, the man began pulling the chains dragging Zeke to the other way.

[Do you get anyone?]

“Yes, director. We’ve got the kid. Lemon is sending him back. The kid said the girl got kidnapped by the man to the desert area. I’m retrieving the corpses first then we’ll deal with them later, sir.”, the captain of the team reported to Lee Damien.

[Good. I was afraid he’s gonna follow them right after.]

[If you happen to meet the purple alien like the kid said, catch it back. We might gain more information about the planet.]

“Yes, sir.”, the call ended. The captain then moved forward with the rest.

…….

“Huff! Aren’t you pretty heavy for a young man?”

After dragging Zeke for a while, Lemon rested him on the tree then he found a place to sit nearby and took a drink.

“This guy doesn’t look that strong….I’ll shock him with this knife…good thing that old prick forgot it, huh?”

“I don’t know if Lightning Sting will be available with a small dagger or not…but it’s worth a try!”

Zeke had been awakened for a while now. When he woke up, he felt a pain in his head and a chain that prisoned him while being dragged by an unknown man.

Recalling the memory before passing out, he guessed that this lean ass guy was the one that knocked him, so he had been waiting for the right moment to move his muscles in order to take the dagger out.

Lemon was facing away from him, therefore Zeke was able to slowly and quietly pulled the dagger out from his back.

“Yes! Now come at me you b*tch! I’ll send you to Jesus!”

“Alright! Almost there!”, Lemon stood up and let out a sigh from exhaustion then came closer to Zeke.

“Attt…shaaa! Shouldn’t have threatened the director like that, ya know?”

Joz!

“Panic leads to a grave mistake, huh? I shouldn’t have told you our position!”

When Lemon started pulling a chain, Zeke immediately used Lightning Sting and sent a spark through the chains making Lemon’s body shook violently.

….

“Just kidding!~”

Suddenly, Lemon stopped shaking. His body didn’t affect by the sparks at all. The shaking was all an acting. Zeke’s eyes widened in a surprise.

“I bet you thought “This guy doesn’t look that strong” from seeing my body, right?”

“Well, ya know? The reason I’m tired is not because dragging you all the way here!”, he swiftly stepped back from Zeke.

“Dirt?”

Zeke noticed dirt dropped down from the man’s hands and his legs when he jumped back.

“Correct!”, the man confirmed.

“Huh! Yeah! I did think “This weak ass looking guy might go down by just a little of my spark!”. Can you blame me? Your ass looking so thin! Might as well get blown by the wind! HAHA!”, Zeke provoked the man by judging his insecure words just now.

“Good taunt. But I’m not stupid like you revealing your ass because seeing corpses! Ha haaa?”, Lemon mocked Zeke back with a slightly annoyed attitude.

“Good! I really hit him on the spot!”

“Ohhhhh? Is someone getting hurt by his genetics? Well, I won’t body shaming them then~”, Zeke teased the man again but he did not respond anything but changed his face slightly.

“What’s the matter? Lee wants to keep me alive? Shouldn’t It be better if I died?”, Zeke was curious why Lee Damien didn’t have them killed him already.

“The director still wants to ask you a few questions since the device didn’t work properly.”

“But now I think he won’t mind if you come back dead”, Lemon threatened while his eyes fixed at Zeke.

“mmmm. Good point! Except. You. Sir. Are scared!”, Zeke started mocking again.

“Scared?! Huh! Me?! Lemon, the swift earth?! …”

“Ahhhhhh..~ I see. I see! You’re playing a mind game with me, huh?”, Lemon saw through Zeke’s plans. He tried to calm himself down.

“Nah nah. You really are scared of me. If you’re really not, you wouldn’t have me tied up like this!”

“I heard from Lee that he sent 7 special operators to rescue me. And you?! SpecIaL oPeRaTOrs? Are you really gonna fight a man who can’t even fight you back? Not to mention that I’m just a newbie, too! Haha!”

“Swift earth? You know a sh*t is also on the earth, right? And my lightning will definitely faster than your poo poo.”

After mocking Lemon one after another and seeing him not reacted, Zeke then finally pulled out the special operators card and his proudly title.

“Fine…fine then! Let’s have a little fight, huh? Mr. lightning?!”

Finally, Lemon had had enough. He grabbed the chain he was pulling then they immediately broke down into sparkling dusts.

“My name is Lemon Youzo! I harness the power of earth manipulation!”, the man said as he pulling out his black military dagger.

“Death!”, Zeke answered as well as pulling the silver dagger out.

 

[collapse]
0