Chapter 3
372 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I will take this mission, please."

I place the paper on the table and let the young woman typing on her computer.

"Your mission is Search and Destroy. A group of Grimm consisted of a pack of Beowolves. The location will be sent to your Scroll."

"How many of them and is there an Alpha in sight?"

"The last scout we sent two days ago informed us there are at least twenty of them. Expect thirty to forty Grimm coming at you. Also, the scout spotted an alpha around the area."

"Forty, huh."

"Do you want to choose the other mission instead?"

"No. I will take this mission. Send the coordinates and I will move after some preparation."

"Of course."

She types something on her computer, and I can feel my scroll vibrate. I take out my scroll and see the Guild sent me the coordinate. It was not too far away from the city of Vale.

"I also want to rent a motorcycle from the guild."

"Of course. It will be a hundred Lien, but you need to put in a thousand Lien."

"Of course."

The guild offers a vehicle rental for any huntsmen. The rental is not expensive, but you need to put an 'in-case' money just in case you die in battle. The guild will return the rest of the money when you return alive and with the vehicle, you rent from them.

After giving her the right amount of money, she gave me a key and told me where we parked the motorcycle.

"I will take them when I am about to do the mission."

"Of course. Good luck in your hunt."

I walk out of the building and walk back to my house. When I arrive, I quickly get to my armory. This body has a good amount of armor and weapons. I put on the armor made of a synthetic material that can take a good chunk of damage.

As for the weapon, I will take an SMG for short to medium fights. Then, I will take a couple of dozen canisters of fire dust for the bullet. I have some lightning and ice dust, but I don't need it now. That shit is expensive. I will not use it for a group of Beowolves.

The mission has a time limit of five days, which means I can stamp the Beowolves and wait for three days before selling them.

After taking all the needed items, I walk out of my house. The mission starts now.

~Sometimes later~

"Kyuuuui~"

"You like the wind huh, Filia?"

"Kyuuu!"

"Hahahaha!"

Filia is on my shoulder, enjoying the wind passing her. She keeps releasing a cute yipping sound when the wind passes her.

Using the motorcycle I rent, Filia and I go to where the Grimm is. The coordinate given to me by the Guild staff is located near the main road between Vale and a small town called Jutian.

It was a mining town with a dust reserve inside a small hill not too far away from the town. I stop not too far away from the location and park my motorcycle hidden among the tall bushes. Filia and I slowly walk toward the location where the Beowolves make a nest.

"Three hundred meters from the main road, go to the west and continue walking for two hundred meters… It should be here."

And after searching for a few seconds, I found my target. I can see two Beowolves sleeping in front of the cave as if they are guarding it. I look at Filia and take out my books from my inventory.

"Filia, let's do this."

"Kyuuui!"

I open my books and cast my first spell.

"Aethercharges!"

I can feel my body is filled with power at high speed. I move my hand, and suddenly a magic circle appears behind me.

"Ruinga (Ruin III)!"

I widen my eyes when I see a massive ball of energy fly out of my finger and hit the cave. The ball of energy hits the target and creates a dome of destruction within a fifteen meters radius.

"Holy shit! I almost forgot! This book increases my spell power!"

Ruinga is already a powerful spell, but combining it with the book's passive ability, it gets even more powerful. There are also Aethercharges which increase the potency of my spell as well. I look at Filia and say.

"Ahh, it looks like you will not be able to fight, Filia."

"Kyu! Kyu!"

"I know. I know. I just get too excited."

"Kyuuuu~"

I sigh a little and walk toward the now-gone cave. I look around for a few seconds and notice there is no Grimm left. Dammit! I really wipe them up in a single attack. I sit on the rock near me and rub the bridge of my nose.

"I guess we can hunt more. While this place did not have much Grimm because of a daily clearing, we can still find some Grimm we can hunt and stamp."

"Kyuu!"

I smile a little and rub her head before getting up. Then, just as we are about to search for some Grimm, I hear something coming from the forest. A second later, I can see a massive Beowolf coming out of the woods.

"Ah, the Alpha. The Alpha is finally coming and he brings a little friend with him."

I smirk a little and look at Filia, who jumps up and down in excitement. I take out my book and open it.

"Come Filia!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

If the people see what is happening in the forest, they will see a single man fighting against a horde of Grimm. But unfortunately, the guild has outdated information. The Grimm in this forest has increased from forty-five to seventy-seven Grimm, not including the Alpha.

"Outburst!"

When the other Grimm manages to get close to him, William releases a burst of energy to eh Grimm around him and kills them instantly.

William takes a deep breath, and suddenly he can feel his body filled with a fire elemental. He can see Filia change her color into red, and she unlocks a certain spell she can use.

"Go, Filia! Glittering Ruby!"

"KYUUUI!"

Filia releases a torrent of fire from her mouth and burns many Grimm in front of her.

"Ruinra (Ruin II)!"

A ball of energy flew out of William's hand and hit the Alpha Beowolf. When it hits the target, it explodes and takes a good chunk of the Alpha's body. However, the beast still can move fast enough to arrive in front of William, who smirks when the Alpha gets close to him.

"Fester!"

A dome of lightning appears around him and electrocutes the Alpha. William is not finished.

"Energy Drain! Ruinga!"

Spoiler

[collapse]

Energy flew out of the Alpha's body and got absorbed inside William's body. However, seeing that he cannot contain more energy, William decides to use a powerful spell to use the excess mana he gets from the Alpha Beowolf.

While he jumps away from the Alpha, he fires his spell and sees another explosion happening in front of him.

"That is dangerous. I should not use the Energy Drain when I have a lot of mana."

After the dust disappears, he sees the Alpha is gone, and Filia has finished killing the other Beowolves. William then remembered that he needed to stamp them and not kill them.

"Dammit!"

8