Chapter 001
319 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TODS: Reincarnation Games

Yes, that's me, falling from the sky to my death. Guess things couldn't be a lot worse, could they? How did it all come to this you ask? My end starts at the "Beginning". Not the "very beginning".

Yep, that is me. Nice looking 18-year-old guy. With the crew cut hairstyle and a silver cross shape earring in one ear, I am looking pretty good. Some pimples on my face show that I am still going through puberty and because of this, I am looking like I am 15. I guess that's why I can't find a girlfriend. I am quite thick too. Wearing one size bigger T-shirt I am looking even thicker. That T-shirt is black, with the name of the coffee shop in which I am working. " Beginning" that its name.

Located at the corner of the city center you will have something to do all the time...even after working hours. But that's okay because they pay me for it. My employers are a couple of retirees.  They treat their employees very well.  I like working here.  The family atmosphere between the employees is amazing.

With a polite smile, serving one of the regular customers in the outdoor part of the cafe, I thought about the exams that I have to sit in a week.  Since I'm going to enter the institute next year, I already know what subjects I need to focus on.

A light breeze blew and a light moan escaped my parched lips.  It's spring, but the sun is not only very bright but also hot, so you can make scrambled eggs on hot asphalt.  Of course, I'm exaggerating.  By the way, in the outdoor part of the cafe shop is very good to hide from such weather because this place is under the shade of trees.  And umbrellas cover the entire area.

Suddenly, a regular customer took his eyes off his newspaper and looked at me, which was very unusual for him.  I could see that he was reading an article about growing pumpkins.  From the first look, you can't say that he is interested in gardening.  He was dressed very formally.  Black jacket and trousers of the same color.  A red tie was tied to his white shirt.  He also wore red, polished shoes.  He wore white gloves and a gray Fedora hat.  How he did not cook in all these clothes during such heat, I have no idea.

  He had the aura of a great boss, although he looked no more than 30.  When he squinted into my eyes and opened his mouth to say something, I subconsciously swallowed.  And all would be nothing if I did not swallow so loudly.  The expression on his face suddenly changed to the faint smile with which cute kittens are usually looked at.

It calmed me down a bit, but not much.

-Don't be afraid of me, I don't bite. I liked you.
He put his hand in his jacket pocket and continued to speak.
-Here, just call to participate.
Giving me a business card, he got up from the table, threw a tip, put his hat on his eyes, and left.

I was focused on the card and did not notice when he left, and when I looked around, he was already gone.

I looked at the card again.  It was paper.  And white.  The text was black, oddly enough.  I read it quite quickly:
One Game - One Wish.
You can get anything you want.
Just call: 012-137-666
When you call you automatically agree ...

I hung for a moment, skeptical of such a strange number.  But when I thought about it a bit, I realized that it was a specially reserved number for a show.

As I opened my eyes to continue my work, the doorbell rang and old Mrs. Stewart came out with a restless expression on her face.  She opened her mouth to say something but changed her mind and closed it.  At that moment, I realized that what she had to say would not be pleasant for me.

Gathering her spirit, she said:
- Daniel, I just got a call from the hospital and was asked to come as soon as possible.  Your sister is now in the intensive care unit.  She was hit by a drunk driver.

For a short moment, Daniel was speechless.  And a few seconds later he realized what had happened, the world began to darken and circle around him.  He fell unconscious.

8