Chapter – 3
31 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(50 years later)

“Lady Erika I am very sorry that we couldn’t do as you told us.”(Gang member)

I stand up from my seat and walk over to the woman who is nervously talking.

The target was to fas- arrggh”(Gang member)

Before he can finish I bring my boot down on her head and crush her skull making blood splatter across the room.

“There is no excuse for failure. Am I clear?”(Erika)

“Yes my lady”(Gang members)

I walk back over to my seat and sit down.

“Good now you clear this up and you clean my boot.”(Erika)

I point to each gang member as I give my orders. One hurries to clean the body and the other hurries over with a cloth and starts cleaning my boot while kneeling in front of me. Why can’t any of these incompetent humans do anything right? If you want something done right do it yourself or don’t get a human to do it.

“Aila can you do the job that these pathetic humans could not.”(Erika)

“Yes my lady. I will have it done quicker than it took them to fail.”(Aila)

“Thank you, Aila.”(Erika)

Aila is a dark elf and one of the few nonhumans in the slums she is also the only person I trust and care about. She is my second in command and the most reliable in the gang. Unfortunately, I can’t send her to do everything as she can be everywhere, and she is too valuable to lose. She looks like your typical dark elf tall, beautiful, dark skin, grey hair and eyes but there is something different about her that I can’t make out. It doesn’t matter I trust her, and she trusts me she is my only friend here.

-------
(POV Aila)

I am the dark elf Aila or as I used to be called Ava Edwards. I was a university student but then I died I’m not sure how, but I then got sent to a god who reincarnated me, but you don’t need all those details they are not important. I now serve my lady Erika who saved me from a gang thirty years ago. She is the only one I will serve, and I will do so for the rest of my life. I will do as she asks of me, and I will protect her from those lowly and pathetic humans. I know that I was human but since meeting my lady and seeing humans from a non-human perspective I am disgusted with them. They are corrupt, greedy, weak, idiotic and selfish creatures. All they are good for is screaming for my lady under her boots.

My lady may be very sadistic and cruel, but I like it. I have even developed some sadistic tendencies myself taking pleasure in punishing the humans who fail to follow my lady’s orders. Or is this part of being a dark elf? Well, it doesn’t matter either way as long as I can be beside my lady for as long as I live punishing these foolish humans.

I should concentrate on my mission given to me by my lady. I have to kill the human who didn’t pay up their ‘rent’. I elegantly walk through the streets of the slums in my maid uniform towards the target's house. When I reach the house I knock and a few minutes later the door opens slowly revealing a young terrified man.

“Hello, there sir, I have come to collect on your debt. Either bring me the money now or pay with your life.”(Aila)

“Please I need more time. I will have the money in a few days.”(Human)

“Tut, tut, tut. You know the rules don’t you human? You pay on the day with money or your body there is no extension on. Now if you can't pay lets get this over with.”(Aila)

“Please I can get the money in a few days.”(Human)

I pull back my fist and punch him in the face decapitating him without a reply. Now let's get back to my lady.
------

(POV Erika)

“I am back my lady.”(Aila)

“That was fast did you do it?”(Erika)

“I did it as quickly as possible as not to disappoint you my lady.”(Aila)

“Very good. I think you deserve a reward.”(Erika)

“Thank you greatly, my lady.”(Aila)

I point to the human who is polishing my boots kneeling at my feet after cleaning them of his comrade’s blood.

“Take him as your slave and do whatever you wish to him. You may leave when ready.”(Erika)

The human at my feet looks terrified at my statement. In contrast, Aila’s eyes seem to gleam in childish excitement.

“Thank you, my lady. Now come along human or should I say slave.”(Aila)

Aila leaves my house dragging the human by the collar as he thrashes about trying to escape. I wonder what Aila likes to do with the human slaves I give her. Well, that’s not my problem as long as she is happy.

-----
(POV Aila)

“Come on little human let's get you set up.”(Aila)

I drag him to a small room in my house. It’s a small dark damp room with little light. I drag him
to the far wall which has some chains and cuffs hanging from it. Pushing him against the wall I lock him in place.

“Elsie bring it in.”(Aila)

I a few minutes later a ‘maid’ who is gagged and almost entirely restrained walks in pushing a trolley with many of my favourite toys. This will be fun.

-------
(POV Elsie)

I am sorry my fellow human but as her slave, I can’t disobey her orders. I wish I could help you but I can’t without getting both of us punished or killed. I wish you luck and hope you accept and understand your new life soon.

--------
(POV Erika)

Now then shall I go and conquer more of the slums and then the capital? I stand up and walk out of my house into the open and empty streets of the slums. Turning around I look at the walls of the capital one day I will make it in there. One day I will rule over it. One day I will live there with Aila.

2