Dual Element (1)
164 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even so, Kayn decided to put a little hope in this young man. He's growing old and sooner or later, they would need the help of the younger generations to carry on the will of their ancestors, just like they did a long time ago. 

Although it's wise not to be associated with Zeus, it cannot change the fact that once he grew into a powerhouse, no one would be able to shake him anymore.

Duke Kayn sighed softly. 

'We're here.'

Perhaps it's because he used too much focus that he woke up feeling lightheaded. Drowsiness hammered his head as he dragged himself up off of the cold floor. 

Chilling winds twirled around the air, hitting his face as he tried to keep his balance. At the same time, his thoughts lingered, trying to remember what happened. 

However, unable to recall the memories, Zeus could only hold his head. 

'Ugh.' he groaned. 

It felt like his head spun around 360 degrees over and over again. His mood gradually turned grim.

"Where am I?" He whispered as he dragged his foot forward, only to end up with a few staggering steps. Unable to walk stably, he sat on a small tree nearby. 

"You're awake." Duke Kayn's deep voice echoed in his ear. 

Zeus raised his head and scanned the vicinity, trying to find the owner of the voice. 

"Where are we?" 

It was then he realized what they came here for. At the same time, he noticed that his vision wasn't blurred and his 5 senses worked just fine, making it easy to see the surroundings around him. 

"We're here. I'm just waiting for you to wake up." Duke Kayn said, suddenly appearing in front of him. 

"Is that stealth?" 

"Ah, this." Duke Kayn raised his hand and gazed at his invisible hand materializing just now. "It's a dark elemental spell. Anyways, how do you feel?"

"Not good." Zeus shook his head. "What the hell was even that? A mist capable of depriving a person's five senses shouldn't be normal right?" 

"Hahahaha, indeed. The mists are a restriction the kingdom put to prevent others from venturing deeper without our permission. Even though the security is already tight around this trail, there are still idiots who want to see what's inside here."

Zeus nodded his head. Anyone who's well versed in infiltration or stealth could probably bypass the security placed at the entrance. As this trail is dangerous, of course, the security also wouldn't expect someone would try to come. 

"But why aren't you affected?" 

"Me? Why would I?" A grin formed on the Duke's lips as he continued, "That's my spell."

"..."

Zeus stared at him dumbfounded. 

Why didn't he just deactivate it?

Having found no answers, he stood up and patted the dirt off of his rear. Though he still felt a little uncomfortable, it was enough to make him move. 

"Is this the place?" Zeus asked, surveying the area they were in. 

The sun is high above the skies. Clouds drifted above and a large group of birds pierced towards the mountain. In the area he was in, only small trees remained and as his eyes darted on the cement floor, his brows furrowed. 

Following the path, his gaze landed on a stone surrounded by 8 stone pillars. These 4 meters tall pillars caged a pedestal sculpted with complex lines. A glowing red orb moved on top of it in a random motion. 

Duke Kayn crossed his arms and nodded. 

"Yeah. That's the breaker."

"It's moving?" 

"Well, the breaker is made from the concentration of aether near the hottest part of the world. As the aether is an energy constantly moving around, the breaker also had that property."

"I see. Should we go now?" Zeus didn't delay any longer and shuttled towards the platform. Beside him, Duke Kayn followed. 

Shu—

As he gradually approached the breaker, Zeus perceived a tremor inside his body. It's as if a bomb waiting to explode. However, he also noticed that his steps started to slow down. 

After a few seconds, he halted just in front of the platform as he couldn't move forward anymore. 

Immediately, he threw Duke Kayn a puzzled look. 

"The pillar prevents the breaker from escaping. At the same time, it also blocks anyone from intruding."

"How do I enter?"

At that moment, Duke Kayn waved his hand and the heaviness in Zeus' body suddenly vanished. 

Duke Kayn smiled and instructed, "Go inside and touch the breaker with your palms." 

Without hesitation, Zeus trudged inside the platform with a smile on his face. After 12 years of waiting, he's finally awakening the main power of this world. 

Meaning, he also took a step forward toward his dreams. 

'I can feel it.'

Otherworldly energy gathered in circles, floating around his body like beautiful fireflies. His sensitivity to physical mana made it easy to detect these energies' existence. 

Zeus took large strides and stood in front of the breaker. His heart skipped a beat as he raised his shaking hands. 

At the end of the day, he was still nervous. 

"Adjust your breathing, calm your mind. It's okay to be nervous but you have to concentrate." Duke Kayn said as a reminder. 

Zeus took a large breath before successfully placing his right hand on top of the breaker. 

'It's soft.'

He didn't know if it was possible to grab an intangible energy. But if it is, the aether felt rather fluffy in his palms like the feeling when you placed two magnets on their opposite sides. 

"Close your eyes and focus on the energies flowing inside you." Duke Kayn said. 

'I wonder what attribute he's going to awaken.' he thought as he watched Zeus with a hint of curiosity. 

Zeus hastily shut his eyes. 

For some reason, his mind could freely move. Joyful of the sudden discovery, he hurriedly followed the energy flowing inside his body like a stalker. 

Ba-dump—

The beating of his heart madly echoed as Zeus' mind passed by. In the end, after an unknown time passed, the run and chase finally ended. 

Within his body, his mind stopped in front of a door. Although he wondered how a door could appear inside his body, he still took a step and tapped it with a light push. 

Crieeek—

A burst of light shrouded his vision followed by an explosion of energy madly rushing outside the door. 

At that moment, 

< Ding! >

[You have awakened Aether.]

The voice of the system reminded him of the successful awakening. However, he didn't bother to open it as the process isn't over yet. 

After the door opened and the energy rushed out, all left was a tiny colorless ball of light twirling in the air. 

'This should be my magic affinity!' 

Excitement washed over his body. Zeus hurriedly rushed inside the door and grabbed the orb to his palms. 

'What!'

Suddenly, the orb trembled and golden lightning zapped his body. The electrocution caught him off guard, paralyzing his whole motor nerves.

But, he did not let go. He gripped the orb tightly like he was holding onto his life. 

'Why don't you stop now!?' Zeus screamed. 

At that moment, 

Shu! 

From this unknown place, a burst of power was transmitted to the outside. Following this, a golden streak of light shot outside the door, and the orb in his hand melted. 

'What?' 

The golden light traversed inside his body like a child full of curiosity. It was gorgeous, phenomenal, and an astonishing scene. 

Zeus felt a tremor of excitement. 

'This is…' 

[You have awakened the Lightning Element.]

'...the lightning element!!' 

Awakening an attribute outside of the 4 main elements is an extremely rare occurrence. Flame, Water, Earth, and Wind are the expected elements a sorcerer could 100% attain. Outside of it were the cardinal elements composed of Lightning, Ice, Light, and Dark.

'I'm so lucky.'

However, in the end, this element would still rely on him. No matter how rare this is, if he did not cultivate it to the fullest, it's useless. 

Even then, he's extremely satisfied. 

'I guess it's time to leave.'

In an instant, his mind left the door and it closed with a loud thud. 

But, just as he was about to go back to the outside world,

Swish! 

Suddenly, a powerful torrent of elements assaulted him behind. 

'This is…' 

As he looked back at the door entrance, he saw an orb surrounded by tornadoes containing the power of another element. 

7