220 Marea’s Trial
1.8k 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asai's abyssal eyes opened. A large gasp of oxygen entered his lungs as it felt like he had forgotten to breathe for hours.

Picking himself off the ground. He quickly inspected his surroundings. 

"This is just like that arena with that bastard the [Ascended Blood Tyrant]" His nerves eased a little as his katana [Ruin] materialized upon his hips successfully. Unlike before, mana existed within this dimension.

 

Asai found himself standing upon a large circular arena, the difference being that rather than the black arena, a sky void of light and the numerous corpses and decayed weapons of the past. This arena was a pristine white, A gentle shower of rain fell, placing a thin layer of water upon the white marble floor. And although it appeared to be extremely slippery, Asai found himself to have stable-footing.

"These dimensions and their own set of rules and laws are really damn crazy..."

There was no sun, and no moon. Yet, the place was entirely bright and illuminated. 

 

 

 

A lone parchment floated in mid air. Upon it, was written.

 

 

"Godfrey Del Lagos, son of Rihit Del Lagos, the king who managed to defeat the grand duke William De Lumix. As son of such a mighty warrior, Godfrey spent his entire childhood, and life chasing his father's footsteps. Striving for the strength and power to protect his family and nation. The young prince managed to catch the attention and interests of the heavens above.

Although his father Rihit had managed to defeat the grand duke, many noble houses loyal to De Lumix bloodline continued to rebel and reject the Del Lagos dynasty's rule. Even after King Rihit's death, the fighting continued.

Now king, Godfrey Del Lagos, just as his father had, spent his life quelling the fighting. Becoming the hero humanity needed. Desiring to end the pointless bloodshed of his people, he offered his cousin's hand in marriage to the now duke, Jeffrey De Lumix who was also tired of seeing the bloodshed, accepted and thus humanity gained peace.

King Godfrey Del Lagos, a human who spent his entire life fighting for his loved ones, even in death he continues to fight."

 

 

 

A sudden ray of light shot down into the centre of the arena. Within it appeared a knight clad in full armour. Adorning a red cape that hugged his muscle-clad shoulders. A single long sword upon his hips. Above the man, Asai saw.

 

[Godfrey Del Lagos: Lvl 81]

 

[Goddess Marea's Trial]

[Defeat the young Godfrey to receive Goddess Marea's blessing [Vena's Friend].]
[Defeat the young Godfrey to receive his blessing for Victoria Del Lagos' hand in marriage.]

 

Before he could form any words or thoughts in response to the sudden influx of information from the system. Godfrey shot forward, swinging his longsword in a wide horizontal arc, that cleaved the rain shower apart. The gust of wind momentarily ending the rain.

Asai who had thrown himself to the ground to dodge, immediately entered [Hide]

"I have a strange feeling Marea has been reading my thoughts and memories. I'm aware that I'm still really fucking bitter about Godfrey killing Benny, but holy shit. That didn't mean I wanted to fight a king! And seriously, if he was that strong, why didn't he fucking enter the war himself!?"

 

[Death Call]

[Psychic Phantom] !

Suddenly paralyzed, telekinetically pulled and then slammed down by golden divinity. Godfrey staggered a few steps before reclaiming his footing. His pristine plate armour now scarred he glanced up to observe the areas the rain drops avoided. The outline of a human sprinting through the arena vaguely appeared within his sights.

Flipping his sword around, wielding the blade with his gauntlets. He wildly swung the weapon as a horseman's pick hammer. Slamming the pommel into Asai's body as he casted another [Psychic Phantom]

The two traded blows, and whilst Godfrey found himself staggering back a few steps. Asai was blasted towards the edge of the arena. His head just lingering over the boundaries to see the endless fall of nothing.

"Man, I really fucking hate the rain..."

 

[Psychic Menace]

Four phantom clones appeared and immediately encircled Godfrey, obscuring his vision as Asai dropped into [Hide]

Observing the man in an attempt to spot his weakness or flaws. Asai noticed the opponent to be smiling, seemingly enjoying the fight.

"... Like father like daughter I guess, both battle junkies."

Rather than immediately slaughtering the clones, Godfrey was enjoying himself, testing and learning the swordsmanship of his opponents. The style greatly reminded him of the knights from house De Lumix.

However, as much as he tried to be gentle. His superior strength was far too much for the level 40 phantom clones to handle. Thus, killing them.

 

[Asai Trichia: Lvl 81]
[HP: 125 MP:115]
[Title: Monster]
[Skills unlocked:]

Spoiler

Hide
Able to Vanish from players or monsters that are up to 15 levels higher.

Stealth
When in stealth additional 50% effect

Sword and Dagger Mastery
50% boost in Dagger and One Handed Sword damage

Death Call
Brings an opponent within a 5 meter distance to your feet and paralyze it for 2 seconds.

Double Psychic Phantom/Annihilate
Additional 200% Damage added to a regular attack.

Sealing Square
Seals opponents that are within a 15 meter range

Phantom Menace
Summon two phantoms 50% of caster level

Lingering Shadow
Leaves a phantom after image after skill usage

Knife Throw
Additional 40% damage added to your Dart Attacks.

Divinity
Increase Divine Elemental damage by 20% and Elemental defence by 10%.
4% chance of absorbing 5% of damage dealt as Mana.

Mental Fortitude
Pain tolerance +50% effect. Mental debuff durations -50%

Bloodthirsty
+20% damage against [Living] targets. Kills regain 10% of missing stamina.

David & Goliath
15% of damage dealt against larger targets changed to true damage

Delicious essence
Your essence now tastes sweet.

Alcoholic
Alcohol tolerance +40%

Masochist
Damage drop -20%

Nympho
Ignite strong sexual urges within target

Maestro's Touch
Target sensitivity during intimacy increased +10

Survivalist
Potion consumption effect +10%

Immunity
Immune to bacteria, viruses, disease and toxins

Loha's Blessing
Royal Blood now flows through your veins.

Robin's Desire
15% Pain & DMG transferred to [Robin] When within 20m

Sword Saint
Lumix bloodline: +11% attack speed, damage, accuracy and critical rate when wielding a sword

Chloe's Faith
Targets that willingly consume your essence +10 loyalty

Endurance
Stamina, health points and endurance increased +10

Inventory

[collapse]

38