292
1.5k 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning come, Asai had ordered the twins and Miku to prepare themselves.

Thanks to the dhans little reminder that he was not truly at peace, and therefore shouldn't relax as much as he was going to. Asai decided it would be best to boost the three up to standards.

The defence of the manor would be left to Robin as per usual. Who had Chloe and Violet under her command. Clam, Gary and their platoons will patrol around the duchy, in accordance with the local militia and standing soldiers. A messenger had already been sent to inform the capital, and allied households of the recent night-raid. It appeared, whilst Trichia duchy and Einhoren had received the brunt of the attack. Other noble families, the ones who had ignored Her Majesty's order to prepare their armies, received the most damage as their knights and soldiers were completely lacking.

The dhans, in their endeavours to weaken the kingdom of humanity, had actually ended up sending them all a wake up call. Reinforcing their unity to prepare for war. Whatever nobles who spoke of the north as false propaganda, now found themselves latching onto the battle-ready households. Contributing what little they could.

As for Trichia, the majority of men of able age had already received some sort of training. Even if they weren't sent to the frontlines, at the very least, they were expected to defend the duchy from beasts and monsters alike.

A sense of duty, coupled with generous pay and staff meals. In addition to the elites of his forces adorning beautiful black and hold military uniforms, added the new acquisition of elven quality swords and shields. Many more men soon found themselves volunteering for active service.

 

..

 

Trying to optimize his usage of the time available to him prior to mobilization. Asai and his small party travelled north, towards the abandoned well dungeon. Which was the closest dungeon to Trichia. The abandoned well, now no longer truly abandoned, currently had a small settlement of soldiers. Ensuring the duke would be notified the moment it began to show signs of breaking.

Unluckily for the four, due to Asai's high level. Beasts that relied upon their instincts and intuition to survive strayed far away from the group. Providing them with no experience, within the journey time. Thus, during breaks and night time, Miku and the twins were ordered to continue training against the phantom clones. Who were now wearing duplicates of the [Yokai Mask] and although they emitted no killing intent, nor bloodlust. They still looked rather frightening to face against.

 

Soldiers noticing the banner that gently swayed upon the duke's mighty horse, quickly stood at attention. Saluting the duke.

"At ease."

The young duke, being a man of extreme efficiency, or well, a man who endeavoured to become one. Ignored the formalities and greetings, quickly resupplied the soldiers food stock, before quickly climbing down into the well. Miku, Oliver and Olivia awkwardly saluted the soldiers before rushing along, following their lord.

At the bottom of the dried up well. A tiny black portal gently floated.

"We're definitely too early..."

The three, having never ventured into a dungeon. Stared upon the little inactive black hole. All four of them being persons who had mana hearts, felt a weird sense of connection. As if the little portal was aware of their presence before it.

 

"Alright, Cheat system, please do something! Don't let me down now."

Asai rubbed his hands together before trying to grab the portal. In an attempt to cheat the laws of the world, he started funnelling his mana around his hands, hoping it would trigger it. To perhaps feed the dungeon, artificially opening it or sorts...

Yet, after moments of nothing. A rusty voice laughed within his head.

"HAHA! I see what you're trying to do lad. You want to enter a dungeon that is yet ripe to pick huh? Well, sorry to burst your bubble but you need to feed it royal blood to force it to open. And I doubt even with your pretty boy looks, would you be able to go ahead and simply ask a princess to-"

Before King Caronia could continue with his ramblings. Asai slit his own hand, allowing his blood to flow. Whilst the portal ignored his mana, it immediately sucked the little drips of crimson. Like a vacuum, the droplets fell not down towards the ground, but sideways.

As more of his blood entered the portal, its size gradually grew. King Caronia was dumbfounded.

"Lad, you're royalty too? Huh, well colour my hairy ass in blue-"

 

The black portal began to flicker with golden rays of light. Changing its usual black abyss into one of extreme divinity.

"Hey, Caronia, is this right? This is safe right?"

"Of course it is. This is absolutely correct. Is it safe? Absolutely not! Pwhaha!"

Before Asai could act, the four were forcefully sent through the portal.

 

Finding themselves at the whims of the world. A couple goddesses noticed their sudden intrusion.

An artificially opened portal such as this one, wouldn't connect its visitors to its designated dungeon. This was a rite of old, a tradition that existed more than a thousand years ago. Thus, the four soon found themselves stranded in an inverted world. One of absence, as they soon realized, that they were the only ones there.

 

 

[Challenge Accepted]

[Welcome to the land of ∇∇∇ ∇ ∇∇]

[Survive 40 days to pass]

[Good luck humans]

 

 

"Back in my days, my brothers and I also challenged the gods. Ah~ Those were some fun times honestly... Ahem* Listen kid, go to the sturdiest castle, at night time, every single night, hordes of monsters and beasts alike will swarm your position. 

Just survive 40 nights and you'll receive the goddess' blessing."

 

"What else can you tell me Caronia?" Asai, feeling strangely excited from the new experience. Expecting to be fighting against little shitty lycans again, the young warmonger was actually quite happy to be here. The rewards the heavens gave out had always been of high quality. 

"Errrr. Well, with every night, the monsters become stronger and stronger. That's all I remember really. With your skill, you'll make it out fine so don't worry... The wee little ones with you though, they might die."

 

"Well, shit."

 

[Oliver: Lvl 31]
[HP: 100 MP:100]
[Skills unlocked:]

[Sword & Shield Mastery]
50% boost in One Handed Sword damage and Shield defence
[Courageous Aura]
All allies and self within 30m +10 courage in battle.

[Olivia: Lvl 29]
[HP: 100 MP:100]
[Skills unlocked:]

[Heal]
100% Intelligence and 100% Psyche are applied to recover target's HP

[Miku: Lvl 19]
[HP: 100 MP:100]
[Skills unlocked:]

N/A

38