345 Encounter –
1.3k 5 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the slow journey eastwards, towards the kingdom of giants. Bethel slipped herself into the hunting and food gathering team. Something that was met with resistance at first, prior to her high performance. Due to her smaller frame, which made it easier for the girl to encroach upon prey, in addition to her mobility, Bethel found it incredibly easy to hunt for food. Thus, bolstered their food stock, along with more usable fur and claws for tools.

Although initially having thoughts of simply killing the travelling giants, breaking the human out of prison and escaping south. Due to her having spent so much time mingling and enjoying their life style and stories. She honestly found herself, finding their particular way of life to be comfortable and peaceful.

No nobles, or people in positions of power subtly hinting to her consequences upon refusing their invitations and peerage. Perhaps she was actually a giant who was born in a humans body? She joked.

 

 

[Bethel: Lvl 47->51]
[HP: 160 MP:130]
[Title: Hero]
[Skills unlocked:]

[Blazing]
Increase Fire Elemental damage by 20% and Elemental defense by 10%.
[Crash Above]
150% additional Attack Damage.
[Massacre]
900% of your Dexterity is dealt to all targets within AOE
[Cleave]
100% of damage ignores targets defence
[Almighty]
+10 boost to all stats. 10% critical rate boost. Critical attacks recover 10% missing HP/MP/SP

 

"I wonder if I'm now strong enough to beat that duke. Would be interesting to see his surprised face when I return much stronger than before."

Inspecting her own person, Bethel had been wearing the black and gold gears that Asai had given her in return for destroying her previous leather armour. Moving her limbs around, pinching the fabric and even seeing her breath exit as mist within the cold environment. The girl was quite glad, to having met the man. 

The clothing he gave her was definitely coming in handy, as it protected her from the cold breeze.

Gazing towards the southern night sky.

"Thank you Mr duke. I'll use your gifts well!"

 

 

..

 

 

One particular night, making herself comfortable on top of the cage that Mel slept within.

 

"Believe me! I never stole anything, I'm a proud adventurer through and through.

I was travelling with a companion of mine, and when we struck it lucky, finding treasures that were worth a fortune. The bitch back stabbed me! To escape from her wretched greed, I threw myself into a river and when I awoke, I found myself stuck in goddess-knows-where. Being stuck there, surviving off moss, mushrooms and anything that looked remotely edible. I had to wait for my injuries to heal.

And the very moment I find myself able to walk upon my two legs, I find myself surrounded and captured. And soon after, sold to the giants under crimes I didn't commit..."  "As for those bastards who would sell their fellow humankind to the giants. I hope they died a dog's death after leaving me to my fate."

 

Bethel passed down a cup of hot milk. Something to help the human who was dressed in low quality clothing alleviate the effects of the cold. As it would be distractous if she fell ill and died before she could even fight in Etton.

 

"Interesting story, I guess. Not sure whether to believe you or not though. You might be trying to play with my sympathy, anything to get out of slavery."

"Well, Mel. Good news is, I'll be making my way to their kingdom for you. After I beat them at their battle arena thingy, I will claim your freedom as my prize. Thus, giving you my freedom back, in which I'll then take you back to human territory.

Hopefully, you really are what you say, and not a wanted criminal or thief...

Do you have any parents or siblings waiting for you back home? Someone who would reward me handsomely well for returning you?" "Or at the very least, give me the next quest in line."

 

Mel went quiet for a moment to think and ponder upon her past. Pain slammed through her mind as she did so, her past injury still inflicting a small impairment upon her brain.

 

"I- I have friends waiting for me. Alex, my party leader, Emmanuel, Colem and Gel..." "Oh goddess, why did I join another party? Alex would've never allowed the bitch to betray me..."

Her mind hurting as she tried to connect the dots within her memories. After moments of confusion and incoherent thought and memories resurfacing, Mel gave up.

"At the very least, I now have hope of returning home..."

Mel, gazed up upon Bethel. A girl smaller than her, yet much more stronger in both spirit and strength.

 

"Although, it would be nice if she took things more seriously...."

 

 

So, I went back to my early chapters to double check Mel's hair colour. Noticed a few comments complaining about level 9 boys being able to push Asai back when he was 15.

 

Look, if Asai reached lvl 99. A lvl 10 girl can still very well enter his room and slice his neck with ease. (That's why stealth is so deadly.)

Just because his HP pool is end-game-massive. Doesn't mean he becomes an immortal who can take bullet shots to the head and live like he didn't.

Spoiler

If you haven't worked it out yet, attacks to limbs and torso will incur damage. Damage factors reduce HP pool. Critical areas being the human brain and heart are easily factors that hold the majority of a human's HP pool. 

LVL gives increased stats, that include physical defence and magical defence. Think of these as armour factors that reduce incoming damage before allowing it to reach the HP pool.

At the end of the day, he will still feel the pain, and still bleed. No matter how high level, how much HP he has, he is still human and can still bleed out.

 

Best example would be if he starved to death. Even without taking any dmg. He can still die if he doesn't satisfy his human needs.

[collapse]

32