Chapter 3: Forest of Beginning
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A fresh scent of moss scuttle right into her nose. Lying on the strangely warm yet damp floor, She wake up on a familiar sight, darkness. Still on a semi conscious head space, Crystal get up on a very dark area, the darkness wasn't bothering her because for some reason darkness give me comfortness, She just like how the darkness comfort her up.

She waved my hand in every direction She can reach whether up, down, and below to scanned where She can know where are she right  now. I surely remember that I meet a very peculiar girl somewhere in a vast white emptyness. That girl said something that we are going to a different world... and she surely remembered we died before we met her.

A sudden realization, she is alone and Chris is not on her side. Cold sweat suddenly realeased into her face.

"Chris! Chris where are you! Chris!!"

UNKNOWN FOREST

Chris heard a very mumble scream a little bit far, just a near south. He was screaming for a couple of minutes in the unfamiliar forest before he heard a response, a response from Crystal. He sprint into the voice, hopping into the overgrown root of a mossy tree. His training with his uncle really paid off because he always trained mostly every week and sometimes on consecutive days. He train the essential athletic abilities like cardio, strength, reflex, and martial arts.

Beside a tall wooden pillar-like structure, Chris catching his breath and so he put his right hand on the pillar.

"Chris! Come on! Answer me!"

He flinched in mild shock, Crystal is inside of a pillar, it was wooden hollow pillar plastered with strange and unknown symbols that Chris do not know but he does not care at the strange symbol, at least for now.

He heard a mumble yet loud voice behind the pillar. Chris immediately bang with his hand to confirm his suspicious, and he is totally correct.

"Hey Crystal, I'm here." and then he grab a rock that have a sharp side on it's edges then immediately bang the pillar.

"Oh!" Of course, Crystal heard a sudden loud bang noticed ahead of her.

After a while, Chris pound the pillar and it made small but significant progress, A small crack in the durable pillar made by Chris, now he can see a little bit inside, it was dark. Of course it was dark for him because there are no light inside the pillar, but he can see a little bit inside. He see a familiar brown sandal touching the floor.

"Come on... you scared the hell out of me." Still in the darkness sitting in the floor, she declare a cold response to him.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't warn you." He immediately replied.

This is the first time they met in this world, a world with new things to discover, like discovery of The New World by the European, it would be great for them.

HOLLOW WOOD PILLAR

"Haa.. Haa... AHHH!! *slam* How tough is this wood!"

A couple of minutes have been past, Chris is bashing in the pillar while Crystal is patiently waiting inside to get rescued. She is sitting in the damp floor, all she can do is wait.

"You know where we are? I know we are in a different world or something but can you just predict where area we are?" She asked

"*slam* A forest somewhere in a high altitude, I just only see trees in HERE! *SLAM*"

And the slamming is done, there a gap in the pillar where Crystal can slither out. Her left hand is the first has been shine by the sunlight, and then her leg until she her whole body is now outside. Her eyes still adjusting so she rapidly blink, and now she can completely see clearly. A stretch would not be bad to do so he did some streching.

"Uwahhh... Nice~ being there is so cozy, I almost asleep." She cheerily say.

While Rachel is streching, Chris survey the survey the forest very carefully, he is aware that the banging is so loud that it may alerted unknown danger just creeping far away.

"Looks like where safe... Hmm... That's interesting."

He noticed something, Chris can see a possible edge of the forest. In a logical way, being inside of forest can be a bit difficult and dangerous because there are a lot of blind spot and random encounters may happened at any time, so he have an idea.

"You done?" He ask.

"Yeah, where are we going to do now?"

"Let's get out of this forest for now, and we can discuss later" he explained.

"Sound like a plan."

Walking into the edge, they walked subconsciously holding hands, no matter how they keep their emotions in check, they are actually shock and afraid. 

They just got here and the reason for that is because they died, and this world is unknown to them. If a average person just died and meet a girl somewhere in a white space, then immediately teleported in the other world. They would realistically break down, but not for these two.

"... I'm scare-" but before she finished her sentence, Chris suddenly cut her sentence.

"Me too... I am bit scared too, and a little bit pissed... But I can't really complain right now. Let's just deal with this Crystal?"

Some oh their true emotion leaked, all of the frustration about their sudden death... they want to release it but they cannot complain right now. They are powerless at the moment.

He looked at Her, she is a bit smiling, looking at Chris too, she then sprint ahead and turn back to him.

"You are the leader here, so yeah let's go!"

She said it with a full smile that make Chris heart a bit fluttered, he already realised that he have someone to take care a long time ago, he knows he must protect those smile, until the she can protect herself.

It was a sweet moment for them even though two entities are secretly observing them, one from the forest and the other is from Rachel.

AUTOMATA'S DOMAIN

"Looks like it work out eh? But man, I am getting a bit rusty on precise multi dimensional teleportation."

Looking at the crystal orb that have a size of a head of a person that project Chris and Crystal inside,  a girl with a white eye is probing them very carefully. She is in the white void of emptyness, with her transparent chair, sitting down alone. That girl is Rachel, also known as:

Reality Automata: Corrector and Humanity Evaluator/Log recorder 

A almost godlike entity that can manipulate mostly everything, but she didn't really use her power that much unless the Earth is in danger on a extinction level, she also claim that she is the caretaker of Earth. She look like a human girl but of course she is not a human.

"Ahhhaaa, man!.~ I hope they didn't die early... Hmmm... I might visit them if they didn't figure it out what power I have given to them... Welp! let's back to work!"

She flicked down the crystal orb and it shattered, but the fragments of every orb slowly disintegrate like a dry ice in a hot summer. After she broke the orb, she get up on her chair, the chair suddenly disappear too.

"Back to Earth, I got a mess to fix."

MARIANAS TRENCH

She set her mind on where she will go specifically on Earth. Rachel mark a location on where a dangerous phenomena that may have a huge effect on humanity if not stop.

And she is instantly back to Earth, specifically in a deepest part of the Earth, Mariana Trench. It was a sudden change of place from the white into the dark deep ocean, also the pressure doesn't really affect Rachel so he is just swimming leisurely with her white translucent silk-like dress that is really doesn't do it's job to cover the important parts, but she is in the deepest of the ocean where no one can see her so why bother.

"Huh~ another sudden earthquake again? Come on... But of course... Not today!"

A pillar of light surge on Rachel hand and she aim it on the trench floor. Rachel have a power to manipulate mostly everything, even a earthquake. The shaken stop, the calamity is now halted, but her instinct alerted for another danger comes.

"Meteor? Hmmm... Well those two can wait so let's to this first!"

Even those to are in The Otherworld, her work must go on, she must go on to protect humanity, and for humanity future.

0