Chapter 4: Cliff and Encounter
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A Vast of green flora and intimidating mountain range visible in the horizon. A hint of civilization beyond and a secret hidden underneath the trees, a humble villages beneath but they didn't yet to noticed in the cliff where Chris and Crystal are observing currently.

They just recently went out from the forest on where they teleported by the girl who have a complexity, A girl in white dress. The cliff may have the best vantage point to peek what even is world they landed.

Scouting from side to side, they spotted a huge city at the north far east, a towering mountain range that have a unusual height, Chris cannot see the top of it because of the clouds shrouding the tip.

The abundance of trees are evidently seen at any direction, it may be have a hidden villages underneath, Chris wondered.

"Damn... This is really out of this world view..."

Truly the world is so vast that make Chris wander in awe, but he got interrupted himself when she see Crystal nod and look back, her brown eyes locked at the forest we came from.

"What's wrong Crystal? Is there something there?" He noticed that she is dozing and gazing at the forest.

"Ummm Chris, It might be me but something is moving there."

"Huh?" Chris take one step, lean forward and to see what is she just looking. He a step forward again just a bit further to the forest. His hearing and sight is focused to the extreme.

A quick scuffle, he heard it. A mysterious  entity is moving in fast pace unto them, and he immediately grab Crystal's hand and sprint into the nearest boulder. This boulder can hide their presence, but still the entity is still moving out of the forest.

"W-what, what's going on?" On a confused manner, she asked.

"Just shut up."

She gasped, she seen something, a green root-like creature slithering on the ground. She didn't know if that is a creature, it doesn't have eyes or legs to move but still, it move swiftly like a snake and it wasn't alone, there's a ton of them.

They can't see the other end of the creature, they can assume that this slithering things are looking for them.

"Bloody hell, there's no way this is happening... We don't have anything to defend ourselves on that." He complained, I mean he is right. Virtually, they don't have anything, except their clothes.

Crystal is frozen in fear while Chris is thinking on what to do, but this looks like a checkmate for them. They don't know what that creature to them...

CRUNCHHH

Crystal step on a decaying leaves, it was an obvious sound. The green slithering creature suddenly moves fast, now going at their direction.

"Ah, goddammit- HEY IT'S ME!" he jumped out to the boulder and sprint. The creature swiftly snapped its movement like a whip and move over to Chris. It was a quick response to give Crystal time to move.

"Move your ass and get out of here!" He shouted while running at full speed.

She wasn't sure what will she going to do, nonetheless she get up and sprint out of the distance on where the green tentacles can't see her presence. She doesn't really have to do but to obey him.

"Please Chris, don't die." she whispered in her breath.

Now, on a edge of a cliff he is cornered. He have one choice where he can escape but that would because that would be jumping straight down, but it would be his last if he did it.

<Shit, I'm going to die if I'm careful here. I can probably dodge them if it that thing pounce me, but I'm not sure if I can outrun it>

Sweat drip in his forehead, thinking if he can out maneuver the unknown. The creature settle its movement and a deep voice suddenly speak.

YOU... WHY DID YOU... BREAK THE PILLAR?

<oh my god it talk, huh... I think this is a good thing, I can attempt a negotiation... huh? did I just see a silhouette behind the tree?>

He see a small figure right behind the forest edge, but it suddenly vanished when he focused his eyes on it.

"I am sorry, I break your pillar but I don't have anything to leverage my mistake?"

YOU VILE VERMIN! YOUR NOURISHMENT WILL BE WAGE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A REASON WHY YOU BREAK MY BRETHREN!

<Okay... relax we can get out of this>

"About that... My friend is stuck inside of the pillar, I don't have a choice but to use a stone to break it."

INSIDE? YOU MEAN YOUR COMPANIONS IS THE NEW HATCHING? AMAZING! 

<What the hell... Oh shit oh crap I got a bad feeling about this>

"Miss, mister, or whatever you are, I am the one who break it... Don't you dare laid your disgusting tentacle on her." He calmly said, he knows he don't have a chance on this creature if it goes full hostiles.

A NEW HATCHLINGS HAVE BEEN SUMMONED! I MUST TELL SISTER... BUT FIRST.... I AM GOING TO SNATCH HER FIRST!

"No! You bastard!"

In full speed, he dash unto the forest where he see a figure up ahead, he have an guess that someone is controlling the tentacles.

"Wait! no! don't come here! Verde get him!"

A voice of a child just popped behind the tree, Chris guess is correct. The tentacles move its direction to Chris again, but the speed of the tentacles are so frantic that it move blindly and clumsily to him.

He swiftly jump up to dodge the incoming tentacles attempting to wrap his leg, he lands tentacle, stomping it hard. It immediately moves to get rid of his balance to fell him down, however his feet is ready to stomp again. He brutally force his feet to the tentacle and jump up again, he noticed that the stomped tentacles cannot move anymore.

"No! Stay away! Sister hel- oh-"

The small figure tripped and fell down, the audible thud had been heard. All of the tentacles shrink down into small thread and the thread went into the boy pocket.

"Oh wow... That's a child."

He now sees the suspect, it was a small little boy, and he is unconscious. All of the hostility now have vanished because the user of those tentacles is unconscious.

He slowly went to the boy with caution, he noticed the boy is wearing a green dyed cloth with a leaf pattern embroidery design, he have also knitted flip flop made from a strong fiber. The boy hair have a unusual green pigment, and he have a light brown skin, just like Chris.

"Chris! I'm coming! Yahhh!!"

He flinched and turn around, it was Crystal. For some reason, she have a rusty axe with her, she is struggling to pull it with all her strength, it was charming in a way that she want to help.

"Hey, I think we are safe! You can put the axe down" he exclaimed.

"What! Oh Come On!" She put the axe down and sit down, she is exhausted.

CLIFF

"Where did you even get that axe?"

"There's a abandoned house right there."

Sometime later, everything settle down but the boy is still unconscious. Even though the kid spooked him and Crystal, he is still a child that is still innocent, probably. They put the child at the side of the boulder, the child is still unconscious and he have a small bruise in his head.

<That's his own actions not mine>.

Crystal also found an abandoned building after she flee into the tentacles, she found the axe inside the shabby building. The handle wood is very light but it so durable nonetheless, which make Chris curious in it. He take the handle into the head of the axe, it is so rusty that it can't cut properly. 

"Hmm... This wood is kinda neat" he swing test it to check he can use it as a self defense, this is a perfect weapon for him, for now.

"So... that boy is the one who summon those?" Crystal asked.

"Obviously yeah, he also said that you are a new hatching or something like that, I don't really know the context." he explained.

"That's weird, but the boy though~ should we leave him there?" She does have a remorse on the small boy. The boy might be just confuse as same as us.

"Well, we can just wait until he can wake up and before he wake up, let's run like hell, how about that?" He offer a idea on how to deal the problem.

"...Sure." She is a bit unsure on her answer.

Even though they happened to see a fantastical event just a while, they just shrug it for this is the norm of this world and Chris and Crystal don't have a choice put to accept it, this is now their norm.

***

"Let's wrap this up. We are in a forest at the top of a cliff, looks like we can go down at that slope."

He pointed on the slopes.

"But the question is, can we survive for a day? The sun is set at noon right now I think, so we have about 6 hours to find shelters. This is a fantasy world, so that probabilities of dying without a shelter is very quite high, and of course, food and water." Clearly and loudly, He address all the problems they are facing but with all the rambling, a presence popped up in their vicinity, Rachel have appeared.

"Did you really just forget that I give you both my spare powers, like come on you both should know better"

Rachel's body and cloth have some ice crystals on them, indicating that she is just in a place where in cold shrouded and dominate.

"..!? What the fu- oh it's you, nice to meet you again I guess? I'm a bit surprised that you are here, but I mean you can help us and that's why you are here right?" He said while leaning on the boulder, his heart almost jump out on his chest but still he can control it very carefully.

Crystal is also visibly surprised and terrified when Rachel appeared, she impulsively grab the unconscious boy hand in fear, making the boy scuttle like he almost wake up.

"Oh my~ I am sorry Crystal, I scared you." She bowed down her head.

"Umm... It's okay, there's no harm so it's fine." She said, her hand that is holding the boy hand, slowly backing away.

Rachel cloth is still a near transparent cloth so it was a bit risque when someone look at her. She thread in the cliff where and dazed at the scenery.

"I just noticed that both of you have your first encounter." She turn back and looked the sleeping boy in a curious look.

"Ahh... That." he pointed at the child.

"I don't really know exactly why did he attack us, but it might because I break the pillar I broke" he explained.

"Hmm... Well I don't really care that much, and need to go now"

"Wait what, are you really just don't tell and explain what is our powers? I'm been waiting you to say anything about that"

He is so very confused why Rachel didn't explain anything about is their powers.

"Ahhh... You both can figured it out, I just want to check if you both still alive,  alright bye." she snapped her finger, making her body crumbled like dust, and she is gone.

Both of them are puzzled, they don't have a clue why the girl did that.

Maybe she is just that weird.

0