Chapter 4: An objective and a deal. But not an objectively free deal.
2.5k 19 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Floating here, I realize. Just how much I have changed over the course of several hours. I went from a NEET level, less than average girl to a super weapon that can kill armies. And I have no problems with murdering uncountable numbers of people if they get in the way of my objective.

 

But. What exactly is my objective? I can feel my programming pushing me to advance myself, and evolve. But that is a given. Is that an end, or merely a means to one? I feel like this should be a means to an end. But then what should be my objective?

 

‘Universe hopping? Exploring? Building a base like Alpha Prime, with subordinates? All of those appeal greatly to me. So for now, I’ll focus on upgrading myself with all the tech I can get from this universe and try to build a base somewhere. I am glad I have the chemical makeup of the rip off Uru that my body was originally made out of. I can try and create some for the bodies of my subordinates I’ll eventually create.’

 

As I was solidifying my objective, and considering some options available to me the observation window lit up, and SG-1 along with General Hammond and Dr. Fraiser walked in.

 

Jack: “Whoa, cool. She can float like her pod could.”

 

Sam: “To be expected though, really. Both were made by the same civilization.”

 

I don’t think they realize I can hear them. Which works out for me.

 

‘Oh, if only you knew Sam, if only you knew. Heh. I’ll just wait till they talk to me. I wonder if I just stare at them silently if it’ll make them uncomfortable?’

 

I slightly lift my head, and look into the viewing deck. It’s been so long since I’ve watched Stargate, that I don’t remember much. It seems that only new information I have gained since coming online a few hours ago is truly part of me, and can not be forgotten. Seems some memories come from your soul, while others are from your body. Crazy to think about.

 

Fraiser: “Remarkable. She looks extremely human. If it were not for her glowing eyes and hair, and the lines on her body, I would never be able to tell. Ignoring her ears and tails of course.”

 

Sam: “Right? She is single handedly the most advanced piece of technology we have ever encountered. And yet we can not think of her as a thing. She is just as alive as us. Her civilization called them ‘Synthetics’ or ‘Synths” for short. They had full rights and protections it seems.”

 

Fraiser: “I can already tell that is going to cause problems with certain individuals.”

 

Jack: “Yup, already called it.”

 

Fraiser: “Well, as amazing as she is General, why did you ask me to come along?”

 

Hammond: “I’ve been informed she’s been in a conscious state with no stimuli for several hundred million years. I want you to see if she is stable.”

 

I almost snorted at the look the Dr. gave the General. There was so much disbelief in it, I thought her eyes would fall out.

 

Fraiser: “You’re joking?! Well, there are a few things wrong with that line of thinking, General. First being I am not that kind of doctor, so my opinion on the matter would mean very little. Second, she’s not human. I have no idea how her mind works. I say the fact that she’s just sitting there staring at us calmly, and not rampaging around is already a good sign she is in good mental health. Most minds break in mere days of zero stimuli, or even hours. Let alone HUNDRED OF MILLIONS OF YEARS!”

 

The General looked a little disgruntled at the little outburst she had at the end there, and I snickered inwardly a bit.

 

Daniel: “I agree with what Dr. Fraiser is saying General. While we should treat her with respect and as her own person, we can not apply our own logic and common sense to her. She also told us she was the first of her generation. We have no idea how she could differ from the other normal Synthetics her civilization built.”

 

Jack: “Yea, something tells me they didn’t build a lot of Synths meant to wipe themselves out.”

 

Daniel: “Jack.”

 

Jack: “No no, I am merely making a point, Daniel. She could be very helpful to us if we can convince her to lend us her aid. She was built for a genocidal war against a race that appeared to be well beyond even the Goa'uld. Alone I might add. We could use someone like her on our squad.”

 

Hammond: “You trust her?”

 

Jack: “Well, not a whole lot different from taking in Teal’c. I say we interview her, and see what she wants. Try to make a deal?”

 

Hammond: “Alright. Let’s start the interview now. Doctor, please stay and listen. May not be your area of expertise, but it can’t hurt.”

 

Fraiser just nodded and looked down towards me with the rest of them.

 

‘About time. I am not bored or anything, but it is rude to keep someone waiting for so long in my opinion.

 

Hammond leaned towards a mic and began speaking to me officially.

 

Hammond: “Sorry about the wait Nova. We would like to ask you some more questions.”

 

Nova: “Sarcastic: It is fine, General. I have more time than even the star of your system does.”

 

I got a few suppressed laughs from most of SG-1 out of that one. I’ll have to work real hard to make Teal’c laugh. Or, just give up. Which is honestly the most logical thing to do, really. The General gave them a weak glare to shut them up.

 

Jack: “Sorry General. But she is older than even the dinosaurs.”

 

Fraiser: “Really hard to believe with a look like that, if I am being honest.”

 

Hammond: “Focus, people.”

 

Hammond then cleared his throat and spoke back into the mic.

 

Hammond: “In any case. Can you confirm your name and race once more for the record?”

 

Nova: “Compliance: Okay. My name is Nova, and I am an Omega Class First Generation Automaton. Because I know you’ll ask anyway, I was originally built with the intention of carrying out genocide against my creator’s race for the death of her biological daughter.”

 

Jack: “Still crazy to hear it from a person who looks like that.”

 

Everyone nodded at Jack's little quip.

 

Hammond: “Thank you, Nova. And besides that, what was your other prime directive? I remember you saying you had two.”

 

Nova: “Reply: My other prime directive is to improve and evolve myself as much as possible.”

 

Sam: “And how would you go about doing that?”

 

Nova: “Reply: I can either learn about technology the traditional way, and by experimenting. Or, I can directly absorb a piece of technology to apply it to myself. This however destroys the technology and I do not get its makeup or anything. I would liken it to you picking up one of your guns. You now have it, and can use it. But you may not know exactly how it works, why it works, or how to use it perfectly.”

 

Sam: “That’s…”

 

Daniel: “Terrifying.”

 

Jack: “Awesome. What, don’t look at me like that, that is awesome. I would love to be able to do that.”

 

Everyone just shakes their head at him.

 

Daniel: “By the way, what was the race that created you called?”

 

Nova: “Reply: They were named the [REDACTED]. [REDACTED]. It seems in my creator’s hate for her race, she also removed and censored a lot of information about them. Most likely so that they would be forgotten once I wiped them out.”

 

Fraiser: “You seem very confident you would be able to wipe them out, why?”

 

Nova: “Pride: From what little data I have, and from the very fact I am floating in front of all of you today.”

 

Daniel: “What do you mean?”

 

Nova: “Condescend:  Would you leave an entity alive that was currently sealed that was created specifically to destroy you? Although I could not interact with anything when I was semi activated, I could still hear. They caught on quickly that I was conscious though, and stopped talking near my pod. But they had nothing that could destroy my pod, and get to me. Nor could they force the pod open by hacking its controls. And I was created with a metal that far outstrips what my pod was created from.”

 

Sam: “And what metals were those?”

 

Nova: “Denied: You do not have the authorization to know about the metal used for my construction. My pod however was ‘Uru.’ The formally strongest metal my creator knew of.”

 

Sam: “Is there any way to gain authorization for that data?”

 

I simply shake my head. No way in hell am I going to tell anyone about Morphium. It is my strongest advantage. Literally.

 

Sam: “Then what about Uru?”

 

Nova: “Mockery: You may know about it. But your civilization doesn’t even have the tools to make the tools needed to even work with the metal. It is also a very rare metal. My creator stole what little her race had to make the pod.”

 

I am just talking out the ass now, but hey it’s fun to make up your own backstory!

 

Hammond: “And how do you know we couldn’t work with the metal?”

 

Nova: “Statement: The metal is more advanced than what the Stargate is made out of. And I do not see you using that metal anywhere else in this base. In fact, most of this base is made up of very low grade metal. Metal one would use for toys and the like.” 

 

‘Heh, that had hurt his pride a bit. They really are a super primitive race in the grand scheme of things. It was a wonder they didn’t get wiped out by anyone really.’

 

Jack: “Getting side tracked. Nova, what would you like to do?”

 

Nova: “Statement: I would like to follow my second prime directive. I want to advance and evolve myself like my creator wanted me to. It may not be so I can get stronger to wipe out a race, but I still want to make her proud. She is my mother after all.”

 

Daniel: “You consider her your mother? Then why do you keep calling her as ‘creator’?”

 

Nova: “Reply: Tradition mostly. When a creator gives their created Synthetic their first set of clothes that is when they also accept the responsibility that they have brought a life into the world and are now a parent.”

 

Daniel: “That is a lot deeper than I would have thought.”

 

Teal’c: “Indeed.”

 

Jack: “Anyway, how do you feel about the idea of joining the SGC, namely my team, and exploring the galaxy?”

 

Nova: “Interest: You have me attention. How much would your SGC hobble me in acquiring new technology, and would you expect me to fight your wars?”

 

Hammond: “What makes you think we are at war with anyone?”

 

Nova: “Statement: It is a simple deduction. You do not simply go around the universe and take whatever technology that interests you and not make a few enemies. And, let us not forget I was in the gate room when a team of yours returned under fire.”

 

To emphasize my point, I just wave a hand down my body.

 

Jack: “Heh, she’s got us there General.”

 

Shaking his head he asked, “Fair and correct guess. We are at war with a race called the Goa'uld. They are a great deal more advanced than us, but not so much that it is insurmountable.”

 

Nova: “Query: Are they capable of interstellar flight? And if so, are you as well?”

 

Sam: “They are, and we are not unfortunately.”

 

Nova: “Statement: Then your civilization will only last till they find your home planet. Then you will all die.”

 

Everyone just looked at my gobsmacked. Did they seriously think they could fight the Goa’uld if they came to their world with this level of technology? Even ignoring what I know from the show, it is clear as day. There has to be a limit to your pride as a civilization.

 

Jack: “And why do you think that?”

 

Nova: “Ridicule: Are you serious? What exactly is your civilization going to do against ships high in orbit glassing your planet? Die with a whimper, that is what.”

 

While they were digesting that, and trying to decide on what emotion to act on, Teal’c gave his two cents.

 

Teal’c: “She is right. I have seen Apophis destroy many a planet from space if he was so inclined and did not want slaves.”

 

That got them to cool their heads.

 

Hammond: “Well, moving on. About how we would ‘hobble’ you in acquiring technology. We would let you have free reign if it is from a dead civilization, and there were at least two copies of said technology. Otherwise we would like you to study it, and see to replicating it so we could keep one. You do not have to share your findings with us about any technology you come to understand, but we would very much like it if you did.”

 

Hammond: “If it’s not from a dead civilization, then it’d naturally be up to the owners of the technology if they want to share it or not.”

 

As he finished Jack turned off the mic and looked at Hammond with a bit of confusion.

 

Jack: “Isn’t that a little bit too much freedom, General? You were way harder on Teal’c.”

 

Hammond: “With respect to Teal’c, he can not cause the death of an entire civilization by himself. I would very much like to keep her on our side. She is a very powerful person to have in our corner. Giving her this kind of freedom doesn’t mean much if we can get her to help with a lot of the major offensives against Apophis and the other system lords.”

 

Teal’c: “I agree with General Hammond, O’neill. She could be immensely helpful to the Tau’ri.”

 

Jack: “Alright, alright. I was just saying it was a little unfair towards you, Teal’c. That’s all. I am fine with her joining us.”

 

While they were all talking to themselves, ignorant to the fact I can hear them, I was thinking about the deal. Honestly, it was very good. And it’s not like they could ever do anything to me if, or rather when, I decide to leave.  All in all, I get access to SG-1, which is a magnet for trouble and technology, and have some fun while I am at it.

 

Nova: “Reply: I accept your terms as stated. But you do not own me, nor can you command me beyond mission related objectives when I join your team. I will also not be officially joining any military of your world, or any faction. I will be like a mercenary you have employed. Is this agreeable?”

 

Hammond: “It is. And I already have a mission for SG-1 in mind. We will get you a proper room, and then you can rest or whatever you do with your down time. The mission briefing will be tomorrow morning at 10 sharp.”

 

Nova: “Reply: That is fine with me. I will see you all tomorrow then.”

 

With that I float down and walk to the door to wait for my escort.

 

‘I wonder what mission it will be. One from the show, or one of the many missions they never talked about. I look forward to it!’

 

I am kind of going really ham with this story. No idea why either~? Oh well, new chapter!

96