Chapter 5: Be careful of mirrors. You might not like what looks back.
2.7k 24 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Okay, so. Tried a new way to write this chapter. I heavily referenced the episode this was based off, instead of going with just the gist of it, and freestyling it. Now, clearly this made the chapter longer, and gave it a lot of focus. But was it to similar to the actual episode you think? Please give your opinions if I should try this again. Or just go back to my normal way of writing.

 

P3R-233. The coordinates of the first planet I will be joining SG-1 on. Those mission briefings were a whole lot less boring and shorter on the show. Which makes sense. Honestly if it wasn’t for all the information I downloaded last night and had to parse through, that briefing would have been a whole lot worse.

 

— Flashback the previous day —

 

As the airman was walking away after showing me to my room, I opened the door and took a look around. Pretty small, with a single person sized bed, a chair, and a small desk with a lamp. Very spartan. It will do for now. I walk over to the bed, and jump up onto it and head to the middle of it to take a lotus-like meditative posture.

 

There’s been something that’s been bothering me about my power source. Well, not bothering per say, but it has me confused and I want to examine it closer. I bring up the description of it to my UI.

 

[Z-1070-U Subspace Power Generator 10th Generation- Upgradable]

Generates an unlimited amount of power, but at a limited output of 10 ZPM’s from the Stargate universe. It is able to upgrade the power output.

So far so good. But what is bothering me, is that it says it is unlimited, but with a limited output. What I want to check is if it is limited to only having a total output of 10 ZPM’s, or if I can draw from it any number of times at the same time, but only up to 10 ZPM’s worth.

 

Luckily I instinctively know how much I am drawing from my Generator right now. Sitting here idle is worth 1 ZPM. Which, if I am being honest, is absolutely crazy. I am doing ‘nothing’, but I am using enough power to power a stargate to let it dial out of the Milky Way Galaxy.

 

Anyway, enough idle thoughts. I bring up my right hand and cause a tennis ball’s worth of Morphium to appear. I noticed a large spike in the power draw creating this orb. But it was constant. It jumped up to 2 ZPM’s to make this small orb of Morphium. Let’s see if that is always the same regardless of the size of the object I want. So on my other hand, I created an orb that was triple the size. The draw was exactly the same, but the time needed was slower than the first orb.

 

I absorbed the orb in my left hand, and noticed there was hardly any extra draw on my generator. Interesting. It is easier to absorb the Morphium than to create it. I recreate the same large orb, but this time I try to make it at the same speed as the first orb. The power draw was much greater at 2.5 ZPM’s. So, I can speed up the changes in Morphium by spending more energy, but it takes the same amount of energy to make any amount of Morphium. Interesting results, but not exactly what I should be focusing on. I reabsorb the orb, and move on to the main question.

 

I focus on the orb on my right hand, and cause it to float. I started to change its shape from an orb to a cube. The power draw spiked once again, to 2 ZPM’s. So, changing the shape of Morphium is the same as creating it? Interesting. I start to rapidly change the cube to random geometric shapes. Doing so is causing the draw to increase, with the faster I change the shape, the more energy it is taking. By the time I get the Morphium to draw upon the full 10 ZPM’s, it is changing at a speed that is just under the speed of sound. That is really impressive.

 

But now for the test. With my left hand, I again try to create an orb of Morphium. And while I do, I feel like a second ‘line’ was suddenly tethered to my generator. I start to change the shapes of this orb as well but when I hit the same energy draw as my other hand, this one can go further. Right, this new 'line' doesn't have the 1 ZPM needed for my body. Going a full 10 ZPM causes this orb to go slightly faster than sound. This is the most excited and happy I have ever felt since I woke up in this universe. My generator does not have a total limit of 10 ZPM’s, it has a total DRAW limit of 10 ZPM’s! I bet this is really only possible because the generator itself is capable of infinite energy. This is a huge win though, I do not have to worry about burdening my generator.

 

With all that done, I absorb the Morphium orbs back, and close my eyes and focus. The next thing I want to test is if I can use a phone line as a proxy for my aptly named Take Over ability. Finding a phone near my room was easy. And much to my delight, I was able to “Connect” to it.

 

‘Now, to see if I can– WHOA!’

 

After trying to push my connection to the phone line, my “range” for the Take Over exploded. I could now ‘see’ millions of devices I could enter in too. And I knew exactly where I wanted to go first.

 

‘I am glad the computer age is pretty much in full swing already. Not fully, but enough for now.’

 

I was currently downloading everything from the Pentagon. And it was quite a lot of information. With this, I could even see how many missions were done in the SGC already. 

 

‘Dang, the Stargate program is getting slammed by several retarded senators and shit. The stupidity of Politics will never cease to astound me.’

 

While there was a lot of information to download, it was not as much as I would have hoped for. So after fully downloading everything I could, I went around the globe getting random information about all sorts of fields in science and biology and other fields of study that I could.

 

‘I mean, I might as well, right?’

 

After downloading everything I wanted, I withdrew my ability back. I now had a significant amount of data to parse through. So, for the first time I consciously used parallel thought and dedicated some brain power to learn and sort all of the shit I downloaded.

 

‘This feels very weird. I’ll need to get used to this though. Good practice.'

 

Just as I started to parse the information, and wonder what else I should do, there was a knock on my door. Looking at the time, I was surprised to see it was 9:30 AM.

 

‘Damn! How long was I fucking around on the internet? Geh, I must shake off my NEET ways. I spent too much time looking at meme’s.’

 

Nova: “Announcement: I am coming, one second.”

 

— End of Flashback —

 

As we stepped out of the Stargate, I looked around.

 

Nova: “Observation: This place looks like a dump. Is this garbage, or a storage area?”

 

Jack: “Both? I tend to use my storage area for both.”

 

I slightly shake my head and look around. Sam is at some sort of podium looking confused, and Daniel is filming the whole thing looking like a kid in a candy shop.

 

Teal’c: “There seems to have been a battle here. Goa'uld weaponry was used. Does not look to be recent.”

 

Daniel: “No bodies anywhere that I can see.”

 

Jack joins Teal’c to look at the scorch marks. While I was looking around I saw an opening with a light on.

 

Nova: “Statement: There is a room over there with a light on.”

 

Jack: “Why don’t you and Daniel go check it out?”

 

I nod my head and head towards the door, while Daniel jogs over to catch up. We enter a well lit room that looks like it has artifacts of all kinds. And a mirror that I distinctly remember. That is the mirror that has access to other dimensions of this universe! What luck!

 

Daniel: “I think this is a lab. Everything is tagged.”

 

Nova: “Agreement: I concur with you.”

 

While we were looking at everything all of a sudden Jack started to yell to get our attention.

 

Jack: “Nova, Daniel. We’re packing up and going home.”

 

Daniel: “What? Why? This place is a treasure trove of artifacts from a diverse range of human cultures!”

 

Jack: “Daniel I don’t want to hear it. Let’s go.”

 

Daniel frowned as Jack and the others turned to go back to the gate. He started to quickly pack in all of the artifacts, so I started to help him.

 

Daniel: “Thanks. ‘I Don't want to hear it.’ he says.”

 

He then picked up the remote to the mirror and activated it. The mirror let out an unique sound, and caused both of us to look at it.

 

Nova: “Observation: That looks different now. It is reflective, as before it was not.”

 

Daniel: “Yea…”

 

We both moved to the mirror to get a better look at it. While I was scanning it, it was giving off an unknown form of radiation. My instincts were also silent so I knew touching it, and going with Daniel would not harm me. Daniel waved his hand in front of the mirror, not realizing it was showing the room in the other universe, and not really a mirror.

 

Jack: “Daniel, Nova! We’re leaving, let's go!”

 

We both reached out to touch the surface, and I felt a power surge from the mirror go over my body. Strangely enough, I feel like I could fight this power if I used some energy from my generator. Interesting. But I let it continue for obvious reasons.

 

Nova: “Query: Did you feel that?”

 

Daniel: “Yea. That was weird. Anyway, let’s go. Jack isn’t known for his patience most of the time. Can you lift this?”

 

Nova: “Reply: “Easily. But we should come back for it. This is rather large, and might need authorization to be brought back?”

 

Daniel: “Good point. Alright, let’s hurry back to the gate.”

 

As we both semi rushed back to the gate, there was no one there. Looking around Daniel started to yell for the others. When no one responded he frowned.

 

Daniel: “Oh, I really hate it when this happens.”

 

Nova: “Bafflement: This has happened before? Numerous times no less?”

 

Daniel just gives a rather large sigh, and nods. He started to dial back to earth, and when it connected input the code for the iris. We walked through, and much to my expectations, there was a group of airmen holding their weapons at the ready, aimed at us.

 

???: “Hands on your head, or we will open fire!”

 

Daniel was wide eyed, and immediately put his hands up. I kind of just stood there and watched. I don’t feel like complying to a weak organic.

 

‘Wait. What was up with that thought? I have never referred to humans or others as “organic” before outside of sounding like a Synthetic for dramatic or backstory purposes.’

 

Before I could dive deeper into the thought, and not feeling like making a partition to think about it, the grunt spoke again.

 

???: “Identify yourselves.”

 

Daniel: “Daniel Jackson. SG-1”

 

Nova: “Reply: Nova. SG-1”

 

The entire room looked a bit taken aback by my monotone voice and apparent lack of concern for the current situation. Soon the door to the gate room opened and (Not) General Hammond walked in.

 

Daniel: “General! What’s this all about?”

 

Hammond: “General? Do you see any stars on my uniform?”

 

???: “Colonel. They say they are with SG-1.”

 

Daniel: “Colonel?”

 

Nova: “Observation: This is not the Hammond we know, Daniel. His DNA is a match, but he has different markers in his blood for viruses and diseases, and is also several weeks older.”

 

Daniel and Hammond: “What?”

 

Nova: “Query: Do I need to repeat myself for you Daniel?”

 

Before the conversation could continue the gate room alarm went off and an “Unauthorized incoming travelers!” was announced. By now Daniel was handcuffed and staring at Hammond with confusion.

 

Hammond: “Who the hell are you people? No matter. Take them to be scanned to see if they are Goa'uld.”

 

An airman grabbed my arm, and started to lead us out of the gate room. The whole while we were being dragged to where it was, Daniel was raving about seeing our team members. Even with my statement about Hammond, it seems he hasn’t clued into our situation. Well, this is early in his career. He’s not used to the crazy shit SG-1 always runs in too.

 

As they were lifting him awkwardly onto a table, the airman holding my arm led me to the side of the room. Watching on I marveled that Daniel still has not asked for help. He’s just asking about Jack and kind of looking like a lunatic. They ended up sedating him. While he was entering the MRI machine, I looked across the room into the viewing room attached. Inside was Catherine Langford talking to someone. While his scan was going on, I decided to speak up.

 

Nova: “Inform: I am not a Goa’uld. It is quite impossible for one to infect me.”

 

This got the attention of the room, including Catherine.

 

She leaned to a mic, and spoke into it, “What do you mean it is impossible for you to be infected?”

 

Nova: “Reply: Ignoring the fact a mere Goa’uld could never penetrate my skin, I am a machine. A Synthetic lifeform.”

 

Catherine: “What?”

 

Instead of answering her, I simply grab the sidearm from the guard. And before anyone could really react to it, I aimed the gun to my head, and unloaded the entire magazine.

 

Everyone just stared in mute horror. First because they thought a little unique looking girl was going to kill herself, then because they noticed not a single bullet managed to do any sort of damage to me. There were now several smushed bullets and their casings on the ground. I simply handed the firearm back to the guard.

 

He just absentmindedly accepted the gun and holstered it.

 

Catherine: “Wha- What are you?”

 

Nova: “Reply: I will fully introduce myself. My name is Nova, an Omega Class First Generation Automaton. And currently a member of SG-1.”

 

Catherine: “Okay.. I need to think about this. Are… are you going to cause any trouble?”

 

Nova: “Negative: No, I will not. Not unless you intend to harm Daniel. So far, everything you have done is justifiable, and not harmful to him. He also did not ask for help, so I let it pass.”

 

Catherine: “Good… good. Yes. Well, when they are done with his tests, may I ask you to accompany him to the room we will provide?”

 

Nova: “Acceptance: I will comply.”

 

Catherine: “Thank you. I, I have to go. Excuse me”

 

With that, she left the room white as a sheet. Heh, I totally understand why some people decide to flex a bit every now and then. That was enjoyable, and a little funny. Everyone returns to their duties, but is slightly afraid of me. Even the guard is no longer holding my arm, and is just standing off to the side instead. Cute, heh.

 

It has been about two hours since they’ve finished with Daniel's testing, and he is finally starting to wake up.

 

Nova: “Amusement: Good morning Daniel. Did you have a nice nap?”

 

I get down from floating, and hand him his glasses. He frowns a bit while putting them on.

 

Daniel: “What happened?”

 

Nova: “Inform: They sedated you, and did an MRI to check for a Goa’uld. Naturally they did not find anything. After they took some of your blood, they led us here, where you have been sleeping since.”

 

Daniel: “I see. And did they do anything to you?”

 

That is just like him. Worried about others, even if he should know they can’t do anything at all to me.

 

Nova: “Mockery: I may have played around with them a little, and scared them a bit.”

 

Daniel: “Oh? What did you do?”

 

Nova: “Amusement: I took my guard's side arm, and unloaded the entire magazine into the side of my head. Their faces were rather priceless. You would have found it funny. Or, at the very least, Jack would have.”

 

Daniel: “Ha. Yea, he would get a kick out of that.”

 

Just then, Catherine and 2 guards entered the room. All three of them looked at me warily, but did nothing.

 

Daniel: “Catherine!”

 

Catherine: “You know me?”

 

Daniel: “Of course… you don’t know me?”

 

She started rattling off some information about him. But at the end of it, she asked us a question.

 

Catherine: “But at the moment I want to know how you came through my Stargate. So?”

 

Daniel: “Your… your Stargate? What the hell is going on here, Catherine?”

 

Catherine: “Please, I would prefer it if you called me Dr. Langford. Now, you both had a device that had the deactivation code for SG-1 for the iris. How did you get those?”

 

Nova: “Reply: Are they not standard equipment for away teams so they do not become space dust when they wish to return to earth? We got ours this morning from Stargate command when we left for a mission to P3R-233. Correct Daniel?”

 

Daniel: “Yea, what she said.”

 

Catherine: “What are you talking about? You’ve never been in this facility. Until now.”

 

Daniel is starting to get visibly upset the longer this goes on. I can understand why though, this must be really stressful for him. I could easily explain the situation to him and Catherine. Well, maybe not ‘easily’, but I could. I won’t though. I want this to play out a bit more.

 

The two had a bit more of a back and forth till Daniel asked about Sam.

 

Catherine: “Samantha Carter?”

 

Daniel: “Yes!”

 

Catherine: “She’s not in the military. She’s a doctor. DHD in astrophysics. She’s currently attending more important matters. Don’t you have any explanation for this?”

 

Daniel: “No!”

 

Nova: “Reply: Yes.”

 

They both look at me. Seemingly have forgotten I was here.

 

Both: “You do?”

 

Nova: “Statement: Yes. But you may not believe me.”

 

Catherine: “Well?”

 

Nova: “Report: From everything I have seen. All data points that Daniel and I are in a different universe than where we are from.”

 

Nova: “Evidence: My earlier scan of General Hammond’s body. The fact he is not a General. The fact that you seem to know this woman Daniel, and rather well. But she doesn't know you. The fact that Jack seems to be a General now, and not a Colonel. The fact that Sam is not in the military. Also, I have not seen or heard mention of Teal’c anywhere.”

 

They both look at me bewildered. Well, I did tell them that they would not likely believe me.

 

Catherine: “That is impossible.”

 

Nova: “Agreement: With your civilization's pathetic level of technology, yes it would be.”

 

She seems to have taken offense to that. You can bemoan it all you want, it will not change that fact.

 

Daniel: “Are you sure Nova? Absolutely positive?”

 

Nova: “Report: 100% positive on my speculation.”

 

Catherine: “I need to go. I’ll be back in a bit…”

 

With that, her and the guards left us alone.

 

Daniel: “There is more about why you think so, right Nova?”

 

Nova: “Acknowledgment: Yes. That mirror gave off the same radiation as Naquadah. And another form of radiation I am not familiar with passed over us as we touched the mirror. I did not inform you before as I did not think it was relevant as it did not harm us in any way. It is times like this I wish I had the full knowledge my creator would have given me.”

 

Daniel: “No, it’s okay Nova. So, another universe huh? So this isn’t even our Earth? Just some sort of alternate Earth?”

 

I nod my head, while looking toward the door. Catherine is already returning. That was really fast.

 

Catherine: “Please come with me.”

 

She led us out of the room, and towards and then into the gate's observation meeting room. After waiting for a few seconds, Jack came out of the Generals office.

 

Daniel: “Jack!”

 

Jack: “Look, we’re kind of in the middle of something here. No idea who the two of you are. But Dr. Langford says you could help us? Also what race are you, little girl?”

 

Daniel: “She is an android we–”

 

Nova: “Interjection: I am not an android Daniel. I am 100% machine. I do not have any bio parts, not any parts meant to simulate the internal organs or structure of humans. Please do not call me an android again.”

 

Daniel: “Right. Sorry, my bad. Well, you heard her, Jack. Anyway, where is Teal’c?”

 

Jack: “Who?”

 

Daniel: “Big guy, gold emblem on his forehead, Goa’uld in his stomach. You can’t miss him.”

 

Jack: “A Jaffa?”

 

Daniel: “Yea! You know, Teal’c. He’s our friend?”

 

This seemed to upset Jack a bit.

 

Jack: “We’re not friends with any Jaffa.”

 

Daniel: “Did you never go to Chulak?”

 

Catherine: “What is Chulak?”

 

Daniel “The uh, Jaffa home world.”

 

Catherine: “Do you know the symbols?”

 

As she asked she gave Daniel a pen and paper. He quickly writes down the address while mumbling about them never even meeting Teal’c. Just as he finishes handing the paper to Jack, Sam comes barging up the stairs leading into the room.

 

Daniel: “Sam!”

 

Sam: “Uhh.. who is this? And what or who is that!?”

 

She wildly pointed at me. That has got to be the biggest reaction to me yet. So far, everyone has been super chill about my presence and looks. I was honestly starting to wonder.

 

Jack: “Never mind them. Report Doctor?”

 

Sam: “Right. Uh, we just lost Washington and Philadelphia Sir.”

 

Daniel: “I am sorry, but what do you mean by lost?”

 

With a sigh, Jack says, “Show em.”

 

Sam just nods, and motions for us to follow her down the stairs. We go down to the Gate’s main observation room. She then leads us to a wall with a large world map on it. Several Cities and even some countries have red shading on them.

 

Catherine: “Every one of those Red dots is a destroyed city or country.”

 

Daniel: “I am sorry, WHAT?!”

 

Sam was about to explain when a report started playing in the background that caught his attention. It was explaining how the aliens, the Goa’uld, started from the west coast and was making its way towards the east. Destroying everything and everyone. Leaving no survivors.

 

Daniel: “The Goa’uld?”

 

Both Sam and Catherine nod.

 

Nova: “Vindication: As I told you and the others Daniel when we first met. Your civilization has no hope if the Goa’uld were to come to Earth. And look. I was correct. They are helpless as their planet is getting Glassed. There is a limit to the pride and narrowmindedness one can have about their civilization. And that limit is thinking you have a hope in hell fighting a more advanced civilization if they come to your home world in spaceships, while you are stuck planet side. Your race is not even united.”

 

Sam was, understandably, a bit upset and confused at my words.

 

Sam: “You speak as if you are talking about two different human civilizations.”

 

Nova: “Clarification: That is because I am. We are not from this Earth. Or this universe even.”

 

Sam: “What? The infinite universe theory is just that though. A theory.”

 

Nova: “Mockery: Yes. Let’s listen to the race that isn’t even in space about what can and can not be in the universe.”

 

Daniel: “Nova, that was a bit uncalled for.”

 

I just made a “Hmph” sound, and looked away and walked to the viewing window. The trio were still talking after some time when the door to the gate room opened, and they brought in a device. Scanning it revealed it to be a rather powerful nuke. Well, powerful for humans that is.

 

Then Alter Walter (heh) started to dial Chulak. Ah, right. They did end up sending a bomb there. 

 

Nova: “Amusement: It seems they are going to send a present to Chulak, Daniel.”

 

My remark called all three of them over. 

 

Sam: “Sir, I thought our mission was to get the Genesis list through to the beta site?”

 

Daniel: “List?”

 

Nova: “Conjecture: I believe it most likely to be a list of important individuals they want to save. World leaders, scientists, doctors and the like. Am I correct?”

 

Catherine: “Yes, that is correct. How did you know?”

 

Nova: “Evasive: “I have my ways.”

 

Jack: “Anyway, that’s true. But I think we’ll try to stop the attack on earth first.”

 

Daniel: “By bombing Chulak? How will that help? They are already here. Besides, the Jaffa are just slaves!”

 

Jack: “The estimated death toll SO FAR, is already above 1.5 BILLION people. Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t strike back.”

 

Daniel was silent. He looked at me for help, but all I could do was shake my head. This is not our universe, nor do I care enough to save anyone I don’t know.

 

Daniel: “They have no choice.”

 

Jack: “Not good enough, send it.”

 

Walter: “Proceed with deployment!”

 

Jack: “Continue with the evac for now. I’ll be up stairs.”

 

With that, Jack left with several people. Daniel just looked defeated at what just happened. Sam and Catherine also left to do something or another. While we waited around I was contemplating if I should try using the phone lines again to see if I can connect to a Goa’uld ship. But I just decided to wait for the big ass ship that will eventually land.

 

‘I wonder if I’ll have enough time to absorb the entire ship, or if I should play it safe and just download all the data in the ship's computer core and just make the components myself? They must have the blueprints after all. How else could they repair their gear and vehicles? I think I will just download the core. With my ability to use Morphium, I may not be able to make the entire component, but what if I go about it with sections. Piece by piece?'

 

Confident in my plan, I come out of my little thought trance and see Daniel looking at the world map talking to Sam.

 

Daniel: “I think I am dead.”

 

Sam: “What?”

 

Daniel: “The me in this reality.”

 

Nova: “Correction: Universe. We are in a parallel Universe. The word reality is a misnomer. It is too interchangeable and broad.”

 

Daniel: “Uh.. Right.

 

Hammond and Jack came back down the stairs and asked for an update on the USA president's plane.

 

Sam: “It is 10 minutes out, Sir.”

 

They then got an emergency and encrypted hail from the plane. After fiddling with the computer, Sam got the hail to play over the speakers.

 

???: “Enemy craft! *crackle* pursuit! *crackle* Can not *crackle* HELP!”

 

‘And another one bites the dust’ I think with a little jingle.

 

Walter: “Surface radar is tracking.”

 

And what displayed was a big ass dot hunting down a little dot. This reminded me of several flash games I used to play back when I was an Organic.

 

‘It happened again. What is going on? Are my thought patterns slowly being changed? I think so. I should be freaking out, but I am okay with this for some reason. Is this that logical thinking debuffs doing, or something else I wonder?’

 

When I started to pay attention to my surroundings again, I noticed the Goa’uld ship slowly coming down on the top of the mountain.

 

Daniel: “It’s landing.”

 

Nova: “Excitement: Wonderful. This is an excellent opportunity for me to get some technology. I did not expect to get such a haul from our very first mission.”

 

Daniel: “Oh yea… I completely forgot that is your main reason for going with SG-1. Are you going to do the same thing to the ship as you did with your pod?”

 

Nova: “Reply: While I would like to I do not think I’ll have the time to finish before someone interrupts me, or if I even have the power necessary to absorb something that large. Instead I think I will download their computer core and the like.”

 

Daniel: “Ah. That makes sense, I guess…?”

 

Nova: “Statement: While I am plundering the Goa’uld ship, I think you should either evacuate with their personnel, or return to the planet we came from. It’s about time we return to our universe. I’ll head up a few levels and wait for them to breach. Should be easier on everyone down here if I cause a little death before making my way up to their ship.”

 

Jack: “Wait. What exactly are you talking about?”

 

Nova: “Dismissive: I do not feel like entertaining you right now. Ask Daniel for the details if you desire.”

 

With that said, I headed out of the room, and started to calmly make my way up to where the most likely breach point was going to be. When I entered the elevator, I connected to the base camera’s to double check if my destination was correct. And it was. The Jaffa were setting up one of their larger versions of the staff weapons to blow down the door. I’ll make sure to absorb that. I should keep an eye out for any ZAT’s as well.

 

Stepping out of the elevator, I walked past several airmen all running around setting up charges. I just patiently waited in the corridor that the Jaffa would breach. Eventually Jack ended up joining me.

 

Jack: “So a machine eh? Built to destroy an entire civilization all by your lonesome?”

 

Nova: “Reply: That is correct. I hope you are not here to try and ask for help? Your planet is lost, even you must see that?”

 

Jack: “No, no. I won’t ask you to save Earth. You’re right, it is lost. What I will do though, is ask for you to make it painful for them while you are taking what you want.”

 

I just nod my head to his request, and we wait in silence.

 

‘But now that I am thinking of battle. I wonder if my [Sniper Combat] is just as loosely worded as my generator? Is it Sniper as in rifle types, or Sniper as in the ability. Well, no time like the present.’

 

[Supernatural Combat: Unarmed-EX/ Sniper-EX]

You possess combat proficiency, capabilities and knowledge drastically beyond what is naturally possible for any unarmed and sniper combat.

 

‘Well, that didn’t help. Hmm. Oh, I have an excellent idea.’

 

Nova: “Request: Do you have a Knife on your person Jack?”

 

Jack: “I do. Do you need it?”

 

Nova: “Reply: I would like to test something my programming is being a bit shrouded about. A knife will help me check.”

 

Jack: “Sure thing. Here.”

 

He handed me his knife. It looked like a standard issue Ka-bar. Nothing fancy, and no bells or whistles. It will be perfect.

 

Nova: "Gratitude: Thank you.”

 

Just then, the door down the hall started to get pelted by staff weapon fire. All of the soldiers got behind pillars and set up defenses. I just stood in the middle. I am sure it made for an unreal scene. Soon enough, the door was broken through, and Jaffa started to trickle into the hallway, shooting at everyone.

 

I took several blasts to the face, and chest. But I just stood there quietly, holding the knife behind my back with both hands. Much to my surprise, soon the fire stopped, and everyone was just looking at me. Well, this was a bit awkward. Then I heard a deep voice come from down the hall just beyond the door.

 

???: “Why have you stopped firing?”

 

???: “Lord Prime! There is.. Uhh. A little girl standing in the middle of the hallway, and we can’t damage her.”

 

???: “What?”

 

With that, a large man wearing the full Jaffa armour, retractable snake helmet and all stepped into the hallway. He noticed me, and levelled his staff at me, and fired. The bolt hit me in the chest, but like all the other times. Nothing happened.

 

Removing his helmet revealed a shocked looking Teal’c. With a long braid of hair. I honestly think he looks much better bald. Beh.

 

Teal’c: “What are you, creature?”

 

Nova: “Taunt: I know you Teal’c. But for you, I am Death. None of your men will make it out alive. Nor will you.”

 

They all became alert at the threat, and readied their weapons while I took the knife in my hand and took aim. I was holding it in a throwing position from my right side.

 

Teal’c: “You expect to kill us with such a weak looking weapon?”

 

I didn’t even answer him. There were 6 nameless Jaffa hiding behind some pillars plus Teal’c standing in the middle of the hallway. I took one final look at aiming, and then threw the knife.

 

It first ricocheted off the right side of the corridor closest to me, then tore through the head of the front left Jaffa. It continued through and bounced off the wall, and then the pillar of the middle left Jaffa was hiding behind. It came back forward towards and crushed through the front right Jaffa’s chest, and bounced off the pillar and then immediately the corner of the wall heading back towards and past Teal’c.

 

Ripping through the neck of the middle left Jaffa and ricocheting off the wall, and then going through the rear right Jaffa’s head. Then bouncing off the wall to his left, and again on the wall behind him to head back to the middle left Jaffa’s wall, and bouncing yet again to head towards the side of the middle right Jaffa’s chest. Ripping and bisecting him in two, the knife bounced off the wall to his left and then the pillar he was hiding behind. It headed towards its final target, the left rear Jaffa. It ended up lodging itself right in between his eyes.

 

All of this took less than 3 seconds.

 

‘Holy fuck. Okay, I can see the whole “supernatural” part of that. That was fucking cool as shit. And that also answers if I can use anything as long I intend to “snipe” a target. So cool.’

 

Everyone was just staring at the carnage, while the Jaffa with the new (to him) knife in the face, slowly fell backwards. The sound of his body hitting the ground seemed to snap everyone out of the shocked trance they were in.

 

Jack: “Holy shit. What the absolute fuck was that?”

 

Too surprised to even fully comprehend the situation he was in, Teal'c just numbly said, “Indeed…”

 

Then to everyone's further horror or surprise I blurred from where I was standing and suddenly appeared floating behind Teal’c, my hand through his chest, with his heart in it.

 

Nova: “Mockery: I told you. You and your men are all going to die down here. If your vaunted ‘god’ is on that ship above us, he too will die. Good bye.”

 

With that I crush his heart and shove him forward to crash on the ground, dropping his heart next to him. While I reached down and absorbed his staff weapon with a sudden rush of liquid looking Morphium, I looked down at myself and inwardly frowned.

 

‘Covered in blood. I must look like a horror show to them.’

 

I glance up, and yep. A good deal of the airmen are looking at me like scared kittens. Jack on the other hand has a small smirk. Shaking my head, I float back down to the ground, and make my way to Jack. As I was walking up to him down the blood-caked hallway, my body rippled like it was made of water and all the blood was gone.

 

‘That is such a handy thing. Morphium for the win!’

 

Nova: “Amusement: You can take your knife back now. I am finished with my test. It is in the left rear Jaffa’s head.”

 

Jack: “Heh.. ah, yea. I’ll grab it later maybe. So you are heading towards the ship up top?”

 

Nova: “Acknowledgment: Correct. Then I will download everything I can from the ship's mainframe, and set it to self-destruct. How long till you finish with your evacuation?”

 

Jack: “Well, the Goa’uld have caught on to our plan, so they are trying to keep dialling in to prevent us from dialling out. Sam is working on a program to dial faster. We only have 1 group left to evacuate. No one else made it.”

 

Nova: “Reply: That is too bad. Do you have a ETA of when–”

 

His radio tuned in, and Sam’s voice came through.

 

Sam: “Sir! We got the last wormhole to connect, and everyone is evacuating. Should we send our uhh. Guest Daniel through?”

 

He just looks at me, silently asking what I want to do. I take a moment to think.

 

Nova: “Speculation: You want to destroy this base with your self-destruct to hide all information of where your new base is correct? And can your radio’s reach up to the ship, from the gate room?”

 

Jack: “Yea, you guessed it. And they should, yes.”

 

Nova: “Order: Okay, let’s play it safe. Have Daniel join you at your back up site. You can arm the self-destruct. But keep the wormhole open till you can’t. I honestly shouldn’t take that long. If something happens, tell Daniel I will meet up with him at the planet we originally started all of this at.”

 

Jack: “Sounds good. I’d say good luck, but…”

 

I just nod my head. He gave me his radio, and I blurred away. Running down the hallways the Jaffa took, I came to a stop where they had set up their rings. I go stand in the rings and activate them. I turn around looking back the way I had come. It is a literal hell. Body parts everywhere, and blood dripping off of everything. I would be caked in it too if it were not for Morphium. I smile inwardly, it was fun ripping apart everyone. The knife tick was cool, but unarmed truly is my calling.

 

In a flash of light, I am standing in the Goa’uld ship. Looking around me, there is no one. They really are too lazy. Anyway, I carefully sensed around for the main computer core, and found it shortly. Connecting to it was a breeze, they barely had any firewalls of the sort! Downloading all the data only took about 20 seconds, and parsing through a bit of it I hit a gold mine. Designs for this ship and its Death Gliders, drives, weapons. I am surprised how much there is here, honestly.

 

Nodding to myself, I set a silent self-destruct for 20 min and set up a very complex lock out. In case it is discovered, all transportation off the vessel will be locked down and the shields will be raised to maximum. Trapping as many as I can with that move. Activating the rings again to arrive back down the base, I radio Jack.

 

Nova: “Attention: Nova to Jack, I am done. How are you looking down there?”

 

Jack: “Oh, we’re peachy. There have been one or two Jaffa trickling in, but beyond that it has been quiet. Are you done?”

 

Nova: “Confirmation: Yes. I am heading down there now. I will be there in a minute or two. Set the detonation for 5 minutes, and meet me in the gate room?”

 

Jack: “Sounds like a plan. Meet you down here in a few then, over.”

 

With that, I blur away down towards the gate room. On my way I didn’t see any more Jaffa, and I arrived in front of the active gate in just a few minutes. I waved to Jack and Hammond who were waiting for me.

 

Nova: “Greetings: Hello you two. All set?”

 

Jack: “Yea, let’s blow this joint.”

 

With that said, all three of us head through the gate to their back up site. Arriving, I see Daniel standing off to the side. I walk up to him, and give him a little wave. He looks a bit down.

 

Nova: “Query: What is wrong Daniel?”

 

Daniel: “I saw what you did to Teal’c. A bit brutal for someone we know, was it?”

 

Nova: “Disagreement: No. We did not know that man beyond his name. He was literally coming to kill everyone in this base. Do not weep over a dead enemy, even if it wears the face of an ally.”

 

Daniel: “Yea, I guess so. Just doesn’t sit right with me though, sorry. Anyway, look. These are the coordinates where this attack originated from. It might be the same for our universe, so we should check it out, yea?”

 

Nova: “Console: Do not apologize for being kind Daniel. It is fine until that kindness kills one of your friends. So be careful with that. As for the address, I fully agree. We should check it out when we get back to our Earth. Speaking of which, let’s go.”

 

We turn, and look for Jack. Seeing him talking to several people and Sam, we walk up and wait a bit for them to finish. When they did, they all turned to us. Sam looked, quite frankly, freaked out towards me.

Nova: “Query: No stomach for violence doctor?”

 

Sam: “Sorry, no. It was just… Really extreme watching you, uh. ‘Work.’ Wasn’t that one Jaffa your friend?”

 

Nova: “Correction: As I told Daniel. He was merely a man that shared the same face and name. We knew nothing about him, and he came here with the intent to kill. Thus marking him as an enemy. And of course I am extreme. I was literally built to destroy an entire super advanced (by your standards) civilization by myself. My creator did good.”

 

The faces of her co-works and herself paled a little at my words. I can understand though, it is quite extreme when thinking about what I can actually do. Even I, myself, feel something when I think of my potential.

 

Jack: “So anyway, you two ready to hop off?”

 

Daniel: “Yea, thanks for the gate address. And I offer my condolences towards your world. I wish you luck in the fight that is still left for you.”

 

Nova: “Statement: Ah! That reminds me. Here.”

 

I turn towards a computer, and use my ability to connect. My symbol, the omega with fox ears appears. I start to upload all the info I took off the Goa’uld ship to their servers. Luckily they have plenty of space. Jack and Sam look at me confused.

 

Nova: “Pride: There. I have just given you all of the data I stole from Goa'uld. Their ship blueprints, their weapon prints. You name it. You’ll have to find a way to adapt the technology, but I think you have enough smarts to do it. Your civilization may be primitive, but it’s not because you are stupid. You are just young. Try not to destroy yourselves now.”

 

Jack and everyone was wide eyed at that. A lot of the scientists ran to the computer terminals and started looking over the data. They looked like kids in a candy shop, not a race of people who just almost went extinct.

 

Sam: “Thank you! This will help immensely, I am sure of it!”

 

I just nodded and then looked at Daniel.

 

Daniel: “Right. Time to go. Could you dial us up please?”

 

Walter: “Sure thing Sir.”

 

After a bit of waiting the gate was dialled, and the wormhole was opened. We waved one last goodbye to everyone, and stepped through.

 

Arriving back on the planet that started this all, we headed back to the lab with the mirror. It was still on thankfully. We both reached for the shimmer, and touched it. The feeling of that power passed through me again, and we were back in our own universe.

 

Jack: “Daniel! Nova! Where are you two?!”

 

It seems they are still here looking for us, good.

 

Nova: “Attention: We are in the lab, Jack!”

 

Suddenly there were 3 sets of boots running towards us. In a few seconds, Jack, Teal’c and Sam were at the entrance to the lab.

 

Jack: “Where the hell have you two been?! We’ve been looking for hours!”

 

Nova: “Amusement: Oh, we have quite the tale to tell. Quite the adventure. Right Daniel?”

 

Daniel: “Yea, and we got terrible news. There is a high likelihood that the Goa’uld are heading to our world via ships, with the intent to wipe us out.”

 

Sam: “What?”

 

Daniel sighs, and starts walking towards the exit, “Like Nova said. Quite the tale. We got a long debriefing ahead of us. Let’s go, we’ll tell everyone at the same time.”

 

Nova: “Dryly: At least this briefing will be more interesting than my first one.”

 

Everyone just gave a soft laugh to that, as Daniel started to dial Earth.

 

Holy SHIT this one was long. Because it was so long though, the self editing might be worse? Hope you enjoyed it though~.

97