Chapter 19 – Goblin Champion 2
291 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Heeeey, goblin fuckers! You miss me?”

A shrill shriek was heard throughout the entire goblin village as a slender figure of a young woman stood still in front of the gate.

“K-Kiiieeeeeekk!!”

“Kakakak!!”

“Graaaaaaaaaaargh!!”

Along with the wails of the small goblins, a single beastly roar was also mixed in the crowds. There, the Goblin Champion, with a raggy bandage around its head covering its left eye, roared loudly, showing off its tall and extremely muscular stature menacingly.

“Well, damn. Aren’t there more of you fuckers than before?”

The young woman standing still in front of the gate, Morgan, lifted her left arm and showed off something that was hanging between her hand and the ground.

“Oh, I have a present for you.”

She was grasping a lifeless body of a small goblin infant smeared red in fresh blood by its head while swinging it left and right tauntingly. Its umbilical cord was still attached to its navel. Seeing that, the Goblin Champion took several steps forward and the other goblins began to let out sad sounds.

“G-Grieeekk…”

It was quite inhumane for Morgan to behave like that, but for her, she could only feel joy to see the goblins weeping in sorrow.

These fuckers did more than this… They deserve to feel more pain and anguish

Not stopping only at that, Morgan then threw the lifeless body in front of her and stepped several times on it with all her might. Her every step created a splattering sound as if she was stepping on a bag filled with meat and soft bones.

“What would you do if I did this? Are you mad?”

“... Gruuuuugugugu…”

On the other hand, the Goblin Champion kneeled down and seeing it behave like that, Morgan came to an understanding that the probability of that infant was actually its offspring was quite high. She then grinned and made another merciless look on her face.

As I fucking thought… Then this plan will work smoothly, kekeke

“Philargyria.”

Countless black tentacles emerged from Morgan’s shadow and one by one, the tentacles grabbed on the lifeless body on each side. The tentacles then threw the lifeless body forward and it hit the Goblin Champion right on its face before it fell to the ground. With shaking hands, the Goblin Champion gently took the lifeless body and looked at it.

“Graaaaaaaargh!!!!!”

Blinded by rage and anguish, the Goblin Champion lost its temper, not that it actually had it, and wildly began to swing its huge club, hitting its own brethren to smithereens. The other goblins that saw the scenery, fled the place and hid inside the shacks nearby, while from time to time peeking their yellowish slit eyes in fear.

“Ahahahaha! That’s more like it! Come on! Entertain me!”

Morgan raised both her arms as if telling the Goblin Champion that she was ready to take the blow head on. The Goblin Champion then charged at Morgan’s direction while letting out a loud roar as it swept the ground with its huge club.

“GRAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!!!!!”

Seeing the imminent terror that might take her life brutally coming for her, a lot of bad endings flashed inside Morgan’s mind and she began to shiver. But, it wasn’t due to fear. Morgan was just excited and aroused for the thrill.And instead of curling up in fear and regretting her decision, Morgan only grinned and muttered softly.

“You just don’t know how deep a desperate man can fall…”

She then made an offensive stance, not the defensive one, as if she was ready to leap at any time.

“And I am the proof.”

Calmly, Morgan bent over and dashed at a tremendous speed. It seemed like a suicidal move, but for Morgan, it wasn’t the case. She had calculated everything carefully and by the time the two of them faced each other, Morgan rolled her body forward between the Goblin Champion’s legs and shouted.

“Philargyria…”

With a nimble and swift movement befitting to her slim and slender figure, Morgan kicked the ground to turn her body to her right forcefully, placing her body behind the Goblin Champion. She then pulled one of the tentacles and shoved it to the Goblin Champion’s left calf. When the tip of the tentacle made contact and pierced the skin, it quickly split countlessly like roots and spread through the creature’s blood veins.

“Burn.”

Each strand burned with small fire, inflicting meaty fresh burns along its way.

“Graaaaarkk!!!”

As if it was in searing pain, the Goblin Champion staggered and frantically patted its left calf in hope to extinguish the fire that was spreading through the meat, skin, and veins. It then pulled the black strands out from the skin and turned its body, facing Morgan who began to feel irritated at how tough the Goblin Champion’s flesh was.

“That meat of yours… I’ll make sure to eat you until nothing is left!”

Sheer madness could be seen from both Morgan’s eyes. Not long after, a black tentacle slithered along her right thigh and she pulled it with all her might, severing the tentacle from its base roughly.

“Harden.”

With just a single word from her mouth, the severed tentacle followed Morgan’s order obediently as it shrunk in size to form a crude, straight, black stake around 30 centimeters long. The tip was weirdly sharp, while the suckers became harder and solid, showing countless jaggy, white protrusions on the surface. She then wielded it as if it was some kind of a dagger. Truly, the thing Morgan was holding looked like a jet black miniature of a lance but more menacing looking.

“This should do it… Man, if only I have poison related skills…”

Morgan knew, in terms of raw power, she no way in hell could even compare to the Goblin Champion and poison would close the gap greatly. Unfortunately, she still hadn’t encountered any enemy that possessed poison related skills and that fact saddened her a little. But she also realized that something made up for that fatal flaw, her resolve and desperation of winning that let her justify any means for a victory. She knew she was abnormally adapted to that world and a single mistake could lead to her doom.

“Thanks for waiting. Ready or not, I’m coming to hunt you!”

After pointing the stake to the Goblin Champion tauntingly, driven by hunger and ecstatic, while also not losing the ability to reason, Morgan licked her glistening lips and, once again, dashed forward. But this time, she did it casually, as if she was trotting with leeway in her mind.

“Grrrrrr…”

Agitated, the Goblin Champion knew that it must follow its instinct. Every nerve and fiber in its body screamed an alarming warning, telling it to abandon everything and run for its life, quite the contrary to what happened before. The Goblin Champion somehow realized that Morgan was no longer the little squirt who had run away from it after taking its left vision a little while ago.

“... Grrr…”

A moment later, the Goblin Champion came to a realization that it was too deep in its own thoughts and made a grave mistake, letting its guard down in front of an enemy that had no fear of dying at all.

“Rrrraaaaaaaargh!!!”

It’s my win

Along with a loud, beastly roar from the Goblin Champion, Morgan thrust the stake directly on the abdomen and twisted it counter-clockwise, making a gruesome gushy sound as blood spurt from the wound like a fountain. But for some reason, the Goblin Champion didn’t even flinch even after being stabbed like that and it made Morgan glance at its face. There, it showed a menacing grinning smile of a nasty abomination.

“Ugh…!”

Morgan, who thought that it was her win, was slapped back into reality as she let go of her grip and distanced herself from the Goblin Champion. The Goblin Champion then pulled the jaggy stake and crushed it to debris with its brute strength, ignoring the blood oozing from the wound. Not long after, the wound began to close slowly. The Goblin Champion then grinned at Morgan and began to laugh hysterically.

“Gyagyagyagya!!!”

How…!? The wound I inflicted was definitely lethal!?

Morgan didn’t believe what she saw. Yes, normally that kind of wound would be lethal, at least to normal goblins, but what she was up against wasn’t a variant for no reason. A Goblin Champion that ruled over a colony of hundreds of goblins, so it must’ve something up its sleeve. Morgan’s attention was then directed to its left eye that was bandaged roughly.

“Grrrr…?”

As if knowing what Morgan was thinking, the Goblin Champion pulled the bandage, revealing the left eye which was completely healed. The Goblin Champion once again put on a nasty grin and approached Morgan slowly while dragging its huge club and slamming it to the ground from time to time.

“Was… it an acting this whole time…?”

Feeling betrayed and devastated by her own expectations, Morgan could only utter such things and lower her head. She lost all her confidence in mere seconds. The Goblin Champion, on the other hand, saw that and roared loudly.

“Graaaaaargh!!!”

A moment later, the other goblins that were hiding inside the shacks came out one by one, surrounding and encircling Morgan and the Goblin Champion as if creating an arena just for the two. Just like a rat trapped in a deep concrete hole, Morgan realized that she actually was the one who got baited foolishly by the false hope of winning.

Screw with them being stupid… These imbeciles are smart as heck

It would be different if it was during the day where not that many goblins gathered in that place. Morgan began to feel remorse for paying no heed to Cthylla and Sylvana’s suggestion, at least she could escape from that predicament though not unscathed. Slowly, Morgan stepped backwards several times, trying to buy time for her to think carefully.

[You regret it now?]

Cthylla nonchalantly threw a harsh question to Morgan who was still unsure of what she could do at that time. 

No… This isn’t over just yet!

[... Whatever. Oh, let me tell you something.]

Morgan’s eyes twitched after hearing Cthylla’s words, and Cthylla continued before Morgan could even ask what she meant by that.

[I never told you what will happen to you if you die before fulfilling our contract, right?]

[Your soul will become my plaything for eternity. That’s the cost of making a contract with me, Morgan.]

The content of the contract was by no means absurd at all. A deal with the devil, as one might say, where someone forged a pact with their soul as the payment. Quite a normal practice even in the world she used to belong to, or so Morgan thought.

As I thought

[... Hmmm? What do you mean by that?]

Morgan only grinned in response.

There’s no way you’re lending me all this mighty and weird power without making any demands for that. And our agreement to help you get rid of your parents was just the tip of an iceberg, right?

[... What is your point?]

Cthylla grew suspicious of Morgan not being scared at all. On the contrary, Morgan actually felt rather calm and at peace after hearing Cthylla’s sudden statement.

As long as I have my soul, I can ask anything from you. Tell me if I’m mistaken.

[... No, you’re not…]

Morgan then mustered her resolve and clenched her fists, as the Goblin Champion was already in front of her.

Cthylla, I offer my soul as payment! Become one with me!

[What!?]

11