Chapter 2: The Estate
98 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Surprisingly, the day was more enjoyable than agonising for Sasuke.

Now walking down a random street, he had reached the excruciating part, and that was trying to find where the Uchiha residence is.

Sasuke could not help but take a look at his surroundings.

'Iruka's lesson was more interesting than this,' he thought, 'but then again, I still cannot believe that I am in Naruto, I wonder if people from the outside world are watching me.'

Trying to humour himself, Sasuke stopped and looked up to the sky, expecting to see a camera or a drone, but there was nothing. 

Feeling satisfied, he continued once more.

'To be fair, if there was a drone or a camera, I would need new shorts' Sasuke thought, 'and with how weirded out I am with wearing open-toed sandals, I am glad for that.'

After a while, he came across a gate that bore the name 'Uchiha Estate' in all its glory.

'What a coincidence,' Sasuke thought, looking at the gate, 'I was just wondering how long it would take me to find this place, it must be my plot armour.'

He looked down at his shirt and patted his chest.

"Thanks, plot armour," Sasuke said with a smile,  hoping to have patted the invisible armour he had on.

Now he had to get in.

"Wait a minute," he said, before laying hands on a pouch that sat on his lower back, "Let me check here, I have got to have a key."

Zipping it open, Sasuke carefully placed his hand inside the pouch, shifting through various things that he was glad did not cut him. Finally, he found a key and wasted no time putting it into the lock.

'To have a gate surrounded by walls, this place must be huge,' he thought, turning the key and unlocking the gate, 'Imagine if my family had something like this.'

With a push, the gates escaped inwards with a creek and Sasuke was met with a chill down his spine.

The place was like a ghost town, yet appeared preserved and looked after.

Sasuke, however, felt something sharp pierce his flesh and had a frown on his face.

'What a way to rub it into yourself, Sasuke,' he thought, 'I guess we both won't see our parents again.'

Pushing the gates closed and locking them, Sasuke took a stroll through the estate, seeing a lot of houses, and several signs of the Uchiha flag on them.

'How will I get back?' Sasuke thought, 'I did blink to get in here, how will I get out? Maybe I don't?'

He kept walking until he came across a training field.

'Maybe I should train to get my mind off that subject,' he thought, stepping onto the training field.

What first caught his attention, was an object that stood with circles on it.

So he stood a reasonable distance away from it and reached into his pouch, pulling out a few shurikens.

"Alright, let's test out my shuriken throwing," Sasuke said, concentrating his aim, before throwing one towards the target.

Only throwing the occasional ball back on earth, Sasuke was surprised when the shuriken hit its target, right in the middle.

"What the...," He felt confused at how accurate that shot was, "How am I so good? Does this mean I'm using Sasuke's abilities?"

To test out his theory, he threw another.

This one landed right next to the other one, almost identically.

Seeing that stunt, and gaining a bit of adrenaline, Sasuke became a frenzy as he threw shuriken one after another, their sounds producing a rhythm as they hit the target again and again.

After throwing the last shuriken out of his bag, Sasuke, still filled with energy, stared at the now dent-filled target, which had the shuriken closely together.

"Oh my days," He said, "I was right, now that I know I have Sasuke's potential, then I must know the fireball jutsu, right?"

Sasuke now stood in the most awkward pose he could and threw his hands forward.

"Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" He shouted, expecting something to happen.

The opposite occurred, which meant nothing happened.

"Aren't I supposed to have a fireball be shot out of my mouth?" Sasuke asked, looking at his hands, "Wait, must I do the hand signs?" 

He then groaned.

"I must do the hand signs," He sighed, before feeling confident once again.

'Alright, let's do this," Sasuke said, trying to focus, 'It's a good thing I learnt this jutsu's hand signs back on earth, so let's test it out.'

Sasuke took a deep breath in before speaking, or muttering.

"Horse, Serpent, Ram, Ox... damn," He shouted, "That's not it, I must try again."

And so he did.

"Horse, Serpent, Ram," Sasuke muttered in a rhythmic tone, "Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger!"

An oddly satisfying sound was heard and instinctively, he breathed in deeply.

'So now what?' Sasuke thought, wondering what to do next, 'am I supposed to blow it out or say the name and then blow out?'

Something began to build up in his body, specifically his throat and lungs.

Starting to gag a bit, what felt like the urge to vomit came to him, and without warning, Sasuke let loose.

In a rush, a ball of fire escaped his lips, flying into the air. A smaller stream of heat vacated from him in a matter of coughs.

Gasping for air, Sasuke watched the fireball dissolve into the air with a grin on his face.

The sensation of the jutsu's activation carved a feeling of fulfilment inside himself, and he let out a yell.

"I did it!" He shouted to himself, "I can't believe that I..." 

Sasuke turned around, expecting to see people watching him, only to be reminded that he was alone, and a bit of disappointment entered his mind. 

He knew now that he could not show his family the feat that he did, even if he went back, there is no chakra in the real world, and there definitely won't be anyone to believe Sasuke's crazy story.

Now, all Sasuke could do was think up a plan, and stick to it, even if he has to force himself to do it.

'Since I don't see any way of returning to earth, I might as well adapt and thrive in this world,' Sasuke looked up to the sky, 'Heck, if Guts can do it, why can't I?'

'That reminds me, I don't think manga like Berserk or anything else would exist in this world,' Sasuke could feel the dreaded tear running down the back of his head, and a nerve being attacked, 'God damn it, I won't be able to read manga that I know of! This is both a blessing and a curse.'

Nearly falling down the pit of limitless existential crisis, Sasuke shook his head, 'I must not complain, I would probably be dead right now if I was shoved into someone else.'

Regaining his drive, he stood and concentrated, 'Right now, let me practice more with this ninjutsu,' 

Putting his hands together, he began again.

"Horse, Serpent, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger," He muttered, inhaling once more.

This time, however, Sasuke then blew out, leading another fireball into the sky.

"Hold on," He said, "I never noticed this the first time I did this, but I didn't need to say the jutsu's name to activate it,"

Sasuke was weirded out by that, but he did not want to go into how shinobi are even able to say the name while performing this jutsu.

But he knew that this could be a good way to confuse enemies, who would be expecting an explanation after the technique has been said.

'I wonder...' He decided to do another fireball jutsu.

'Horse, Serpent, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger,' Sasuke thought along as he did each hand sign at a quick rate, not saying anything.

Once again, he blew out another fireball.

'Interesting,' Sasuke thought, 'I don't even need to mutter the hand sign's names, and by doing this over and over, I could do it so fast that I won't even know if I did it right,'

He then snapped his fingers.

'I almost forgot,' He thought, facepalming himself, 'I need to see how I can activate the Sharingan.'

Focusing his mind, Sasuke stared at the target.

"Sharingan!" He shouted, but nothing happened.

'Just needed to make sure,' Sasuke thought to himself, 'So I do need to try and focus.'

Inhaling and exhaling, with eyes closed, he tried to find a supposed stream or network of chakra in his body, and after a few minutes, he began to feel the connected streams flowing inside his body.

Soon after, he found what appeared to be the passages to his eyes.

'I will try and add chakra or focus on these two lines, and then maybe I will activate it,' With that, Sasuke tried doing it, from imagining the stream going faster to trying to tell himself that he activated the Sharingan, but eventually, he stopped with a frown.

'Now, I need to open my eyes,'  he thought, before opening his eyelids.

What came next was a blur of disorientation and confusion as Sasuke's vision began to focus and break away, straining his eyesight and inviting a headache.

Sasuke groaned, blinking quickly, "It's like seeing sunlight after being in the dark for so long," 

After a lengthy battle, his vision began to take its course and sequence, turning out fine.

'God damn, that was annoying,' Sasuke thought, rubbing his eyes, 'at least I know that Sasuke may have awakened it, but I must still get used to them,'

Speaking of which, he made a hand sign.

Confident that it was the right one, he concentrated once more, and a few moments later, a person appeared.

This person, or clone, stood facing Sasuke with a monotone expression.

"Phew, at least I got the clone ninjutsu right,' he said, looking satisfied.

"Of course, you got it right, otherwise you would have to take flight," the clone replied, making Sasuke deadpan.

"A clone that's a poet?" This question made the clone shudder.

"I'm a clone that raps, do not associate me with that crap," It replied.

"I... see," Sasuke said, "Well I need your help,"

"Say it, and I will make sure you do not pray it," The clone responded, standing for the order.

"I want you to punch me," Sasuke replied, "I need to test out the Sharingan,"

To this, the clone cracked its knuckles.

He thought that the clone would say another rap, but to Sasuke's surprise, the clone immediately raised a fist and launched itself at him.

Sasuke's eyes were focused on the attacking arm, and to his surprise, he could see the different muscles and joints that made up the assault.

'This is amazing,' Sasuke stared wide-eyed, 'I can't predict it that well, but if I train, then I could see it coming from a mile away,'

Analysing the attack too much made Sasuke open and exposed to the said attack.

He could only shut his eyes as he prepared for the pain, but no pain came.

Opening his eyes, Sasuke could see the clone had a smirk on its face and its fist punched into Sasuke's face.

"I'm a clone, right?" The clone asked, pulling his fist away from Sasuke's face, "so why did it look like you were prepared to flee from this fight?"

"You looked so real that I thought you would hurt me," Sasuke replied, shaking his head.

"Just remember, I am an Illusion, so you better work on your...." The clone had a shade of confusion written on his face as he stood there to think.

"Well, would you appear again if I summoned another clone?" Sasuke asked, having a tear on his head from looking at the clone.

"That ninjutsu is randomised, you know? So we may not meet again for a long time, bro," It answered.

Sasuke did another hand sign, "I guess your work here is done,"

The clone nodded, "I would have stayed here to chill in the pit, but I'll go because I need to take a sh-"

Before finishing its sentence, the clone dissipated in a puff of white smoke. With it, it left a pondering Sasuke.

'That was weird,' he thought, 'Never knew clones could have that type of personality,'

Looking around and feeling a bit lonely, Sasuke assumed a reason.

'Those clones act on my orders, so since I felt somewhat lonely, I made that clone... act like that?' he thought, 'Oh well, if his job was to entertain me, then he did it brilliantly.'

With that, Sasuke decided to try out another ninjutsu.

'Serpent, Dragon, Hare, Tiger,' He thought, feeling heat being built up in his mouth.

Reacting to this, he spat out, causing the flame to launch itself that one of the targets. Cutting quickly through the air, the burst of fire hit the target, causing it to erupt into heat.

"Fire Style: Dragon Flame Jutsu," Sasuke said, with a smirk, "Not as area effective as the fireball, but is better with the actual target."

His eyes widened as the burning target began to turn into ash.

'Next time, I don't think I should aim for those,' Sasuke thought.

Besides that, he decided to do it once more, but his body had other plans.

When he put his hands together, his body began to feel like gravity had added more weight to it.

"Did I use all my chakra already?" He asked himself, yawning, "I still have my Sharingan activated, I should have turned it off,"

As he deactivated it, Sasuke's eyes glanced to the sky, and he only noticed now that it began to get dark.

Sasuke reacted to this with surprise and disappointment. 

"This sucks, I was starting to enjoy this training," he said, "however, this is a sign that I trained enough and should get some rest."

After that, he knew already where he could sleep, which was pretty much anywhere, but Sasuke decided to walk over to the biggest house he saw while strolling around the first time. 

'I am assuming that this is technically where Sasuke lives' he thought, staring at the house in front of him, its huge features seeming to turn vulgar as the night rolled in.

Without wasting time, Sasuke quickly entered the house.

The inside was eerily quiet, with the front door creaking being the only available noise that accompanied the footsteps of Sasuke entering.

Upon entering, Sasuke saw a pair of slippers in front of him, neatly placed at the entrance of the house.

'Right, this is where I leave my sandals,' he thought, taking them off and putting on the slippers.

Taking a step onto the wooden flooring, the slippers echoed throughout the household as Sasuke explored the interior.

After a few minutes of snooping around, he stopped to think.

'It has what a house would have, I should shower before anything else,' Sasuke thought, before hearing a rumbling sound, causing him to hold his stomach.

"Damn," He groaned along with his stomach, "I should have a snack before I do anything else,"

Walking into what appeared to be the kitchen, Sasuke reached the fridge and opened it.

'Quite the quantity of food for a single Uchiha,' He thought, staring at the various foods that sat in the fridge, 'most of these will take time, but if I wait, I may die of starvation, so I might as well chose the cereal,'

In no time at all, Sasuke was able to find milk, and then the cereal, which he hoped was cereal, before taking out a bowl that he found after looking through a few cabinets, and also a spoon.

After that fiasco, and putting the milk and cereal into the bowl, he smiled with pleasure as he took the first spoonful of breakfast, which was dinner.

With hunger taking over his movements, Sasuke was surprised a few moments later, for he was staring at an empty bowl.

'I was hungry,' he thought to himself, placing the bowl into the sink, 'I will wash that when I get back home tomorrow, right now I must wait before I shower,'

After waiting, and having a good long shower, 

Sasuke made his way to a bedroom, which he remembered had his clothing in the wardrobe.

He shook his head as he saw all of the clothes were identical but took out one to put it on.

'Yep, this is a 12-year-old's clothing, all right,' he thought, feeling refreshed, 'but wow, that shower was what I needed,'

With nothing else to do, Sasuke decided to lay on the huge bed in the room.

Getting comfortable, he began to think.

'Tomorrow will be an important day,' he thought, 'Not only will it be my second day as a canon character from another world, but it will also be the day where I will train even more.'

'Since I want to try out many jutsus, I might as well invest in Kenjutsu and buy a sword,' he thought, grinning, 'for my humour and curiosity, I might as well check if there is a sword similar to the Dragonslayer, even though that chance Is slim,'

Soon, Sasuke's eyes began to drop.

'But, I have to sleep now, to get ready for tomorrow,' This was the last thought he had before he turned to his side and closed his eyes.

2