Chapter 3: Nightmare
108 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sasuke awoke to a confusing sight.

Trying to move, he quickly found it difficult as his limbs did not respond to him. His heart started to pound as his mind was flushed with a tsunami of panic.

He could only struggle but to no avail.

Even when moving his neck, it stayed in place. When he decided to take note of his surroundings, that tsunami was backed up by a stoic storm.

Sasuke was outside, seeming to stand.

Around him, were bodies of the dead that bore a familiar symbol, one that he knows is the Uchiha flag.

He wanted to scream, but he could not. Something was blocking his voice from being heard, but Sasuke tried, either way, hoping for his voice to rush to freedom.

The next thing that caught his eye was the reason that he decided to stop.

Standing a few feet away with their back facing him, a figure stood amongst the dead, their shadow being summoned by the moon, who stood in the sky, watching this spectacle like a drama. 

Sasuke was able to make out the figure's face, and by the mere sight of it, his eyes widened.

'That's Itachi,' Sasuke thought, now seeing his head turned, revealing his Sharingan, 'This must be the Uchiha massacre,'

What he heard next was mumbling.

Either Sasuke was deaf for some reason, or something was plugging his ears up, but he knew that the mumbling belonged to Itachi, with his mouth moving.

Then he heard another mumble. This one sounded of a higher pitch and tone, he even felt his lips move.

'Oh, right,' He thought, understanding something, 'I must be seeing through Sasuke, which is obvious,'

After the high-pitched voice stopped, and Itachi started again, Sasuke stared at his Sharingan and felt his soul leave his body.

'Oh crap I am Sasuke,' He thought, 'and that is not the Sharingan, but the Mangekyo Sharin-'

A shift in his surroundings pulled Sasuke out of thought, and into a painting of black and red.

In the sky, what stood as a shimmering moon, was now a bloodthirsty rock with what appeared to have lines written on it with tomoe situated on said lines.

What made him soil his undergarments, however, was Itachi now facing him with his eyes almost emitting a red glow. Though Sasuke could see Itachi's left eye slightly twitch, and almost immediately, he remembered what this was.

This was Tsukuyomi, something that Sasuke even wished that he would not see when he was back on Earth.

Now, he tried with all his might to try and wake up, but even with his survival instincts kicked in, Sasuke knew that he made no progress.

And it hit him.

Like a pile of bricks, his mind and senses, even his hearing, came to life as like in canon, he began to relive and see Itachi killing the clan over and over.

At first, he was gobsmacked but soon felt ill as he witnessed people die and heard the slicing, squelching and splattering of blood and steel working its way through meat like a butcher in a shop.

Soon, he felt something coming. Something filled his throat while at the same time crawling up to his mouth.

It was the unsavoury taste of vomit.

Not being able to control it, he was forced to let it out, but it never escaped. It stayed within his mouth for the duration of the dream, never being able to see the outside.

Sasuke felt like he was going to die, but instead, found himself back in his room, sitting up on his bed, breathing heavily.

Calming down, he let out a big sigh.

'What was that nightmare?' He thought, holding his head, 'well, I know it was Sasuke's traumatic past of the massacre, but it felt horrible, especially that vomit,'

At the thought of it, he quickly felt his neck, but no sign of the wretched puke remained.

'It did feel like I was stuck in that Tsukuyomi for like a minute,' Sasuke thought, 'but at least it is over.

To make him reinforce that, the sun greeted him with its light piercing into the room.

Sasuke smiled upon seeing the light. It was so relieving, so relaxing, almost like getting a deep massage at a spa, excluding the actual massage.

Looking around the room, Sasuke saw a clock sitting on the counter next to his bed.

'What is the time?' He thought, reaching over and grabbing the clock, turning it to face him. 

The clock showed 6 o'clock.

Sasuke could not believe his eyes.

'Despite the nightmare, I was able to wake up around the time I usually do,' He thought, moving his way towards an edge of the bed, 'I guess even in nightmares, I still wake up normally,'

Sasuke let out a laugh at that thought while getting up from his bed.

Remembering the interior of the house, he walked out of his bedroom and found his way to the bathroom.

Splashing his face with water, Sasuke stared at his reflection in the mirror on the wall.

"Hmmm," He said, looking at his eyes, the nightmare still fresh in his head, "I need to check something,"

Feeling the chakra points that were attached to his eyes, Sasuke added more, and the result was the iris and pupils beginning to swirl. Their rotation accelerated to a point where his eyes became red, turning into the Sharingan.

As it stopped, Sasuke stared in shock.

The tomoe that he expected to see was in fact

two tomoe that lived on the circular line on the Sharingan.

"Sasuke awakened his Sharingan due to the massacre," he said to himself in a thinking pose, "I must have awakened the second one somehow,"

After a little brainstorming, Sasuke ran it down to two options. 

The first was the nightmare that he had experienced. Even if that means his second tomoe awakened in such a short time, Sasuke did feel like his life was at stake, so that could be probable.

The second option was Sasuke acting in character, and brooding over the fact that he won't see his family and normal life again. This was a much longer time. To Sasuke, it appears more realistic than the first one.

 'Either way,' He thought, shaking his head, 'In the original timeline, Sasuke's Sharingan only grew to two tomoe when he encountered Orochimaru during the Chunin exams.'

Sasuke could not help but smile, 'By that logic, I am in an advanced position,'

Drying his face, Sasuke went off to the kitchen to make himself breakfast, and by breakfast, he knew it was going to be the good old cereal in a bowl filled with milk.

Doing just that, he was not as hungry as he was yesterday, so Sasuke ate it slowly.

'I have over enough time,' He thought, putting a spoonful of cereal into his mouth, 'but I do not know what time school at the Academy starts,'

Sasuke had a point there.

He could believe that it would start at 8 o'clock, but then again, the time could be 9 o'clock for all he knows.

But what he did know was that he began to hear something.

The sound was obnoxious, the ringing almost rattling the house down. It appeared as if it resided in the room Sasuke was sleeping in.

Leaving his fulfilling meal, Sasuke made his way to the bedroom once more and found the nuisance. On the counter, the clock, being outspoken, rang its song out for everyone to hear.

As if on a mission, Sasuke quickly switched off the alarm by pressing the button on top of the device.

Upon turning off the destroyer of peace, Sasuke saw the time as 7 o'clock.

"Wow," He said, eyes widened, "It's already 7? Time went pretty quickly, but I guess this shows that school may start at 9, but I will still leave at around 8 o'clock just in case,"

Sasuke then hit the clock on its head.

"Where were you when I was having a nightmare, huh?" Sasuke shouted at the clock, "Maybe I need to change your alarm time..."

The Nightmare soon jumped into Sasuke's mind once again.

'If it is the same, Itachi must have said something about revenge,' Sasuke thought, 'but, sadly, I don't have that anger within me to chase after him,"

"Even when he does appear in Konoha, I doubt I will want to kill him,' he thought, 'heck, Itachi's illness may get him before I do,'

Sasuke left the thought at that and went back into the kitchen to finish his breakfast.

As he ate, Sasuke began to think of the plan for today.

'Before I can go and buy a sword, I must endure the school day, hopefully,' He thought, looking down at his clothes, 'I don't need to worry about clothes, this should do fine,'

Eating the last bit of food in the bowl, Sasuke placed the said bowl into the sink and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

While Sasuke scrubbed his teeth, he found a pouch on the bathroom sink.

'Must have taken that off when I showered yesterday,' he thought, washing his mouth with water and spitting into the basin.

Placing the toothbrush back, he grabbed the pouch, opened it, and saw a few Kunai inside the bag.

'I must train myself with these when I get back home,' Sasuke thought, 'not only with slashing and throwing but maybe with chakra threads if I can learn that,'

Sasuke placed the tool pouch on his lower back and was surprised at seeing it have belt-like arms, which reached the length of his waist.

'Never knew these things had those,' he thought, clipping the two arms together, keeping the pouch to his waist.

While he did this, his eyes gazed at a forehead protector.

'How did I only notice that thing now?' Sasuke thought, picking it up, 'Strange,'

He tied it around his head, 'Now that is that, what else do I need?'

'Oh, Right,'

Sasuke needed money for the sword.

There was a slight problem. He did not know where the Uchiha put their money.

So, like a scavenger looking for supplies, Sasuke quickly looked into every drawer, cupboard, nook and cranny, until he went into another bedroom, this one bigger than the one he slept on.

'Final place to check,' Sasuke thought, walking to the drawers next to the bed and opening them.

To his surprise, Sasuke never would have guessed to find quite the abundance of Ryō stacked in a drawer.

Sasuke's eye's widened, "This should be enough for a sword. No, maybe 100 swords,"

Spending time looking for money, he did not bother to count as he grabbed a bundle of tied-up Ryō and shoved it into his pouch, which made it fit snuggly.

"That should be it," Sasuke said, delighted, "Now I must be off,"

Wasting no more time, he moved to the front door, putting on his open-toed sandals and leaving his house slippers there.

Sasuke took one more look at the entrance before walking out the front door and heading toward the gate.

He sighed with relief as he took out the key needed for the gate, and unlocked it.

Pulling one of the gates towards him, Sasuke heard the reminiscent creak as the gate lumbered towards him, stopping at its widest angle.

Then Sasuke took a deep breath before pulling the gate closed, meeting again with the other side.

After taking a moment to catch his breath, Sasuke locked the gate and placed the key back into the tool bag.

'Now comes the oddly easy part,' He thought, looking straight ahead, 'walking to school,'

With that, Sasuke began the expedition to school. 

As he walked, it was not hard trying to find the way to the Academy, as it was rather a few turns and then you're there. Not forgetting how easy it was to spot the Academy.

Even when he was back on Earth, Sasuke had quite a fast walk. Mostly concentrating on the steps he took in front of him, it could be said here that he often paid no attention to anything else, including if someone tried to speak to him.

At the rate of his speed, he arrived shortly at the Academy.

Now walking with a purpose and with a bit of luck, Sasuke found the class where he was yesterday and entered.

To his calculations, the classroom was empty, almost as if there was no school today.

Knowing that he passed a few students as he walked here, Sasuke took a seat in the front row, placing his elbows on the table and putting his hands together, his fingers interlocked. 

'Perhaps I should have arrived later,' Sasuke thought, staring at the board in front of him, 'It is starting to get boring here, damn I wish I had my phone with me,'

After what felt like ten minutes or more, he heard the sound of the door sliding open and closed, and to his surprise, it was Naruto.

"There you are!" Naruto shouted, clenching his teeth.

Sasuke sighed, before coming face to face with Naruto, who decided to stand on the table, with a killer-looking glare, which instead made Sasuke nearly laugh.

"Is there something you want?" Sasuke asked.

"Yes, there is," Naruto pointed at him, "Were you playing a prank?"

"What?" Sasuke raised an eyebrow, "What prank would I play on you?"

"You know, the one from yesterday," Naruto replied, "were you joking when you said we were friends?"

Sasuke could not help but feel a jab to his chest.

"I was not joking," he answered bluntly, making Naruto do the most anime gasp Sasuke has ever heard during his time here.

"You're serious?" This made Sasuke put out a smile.

"Believe it!" Sasuke exclaimed, lifting his fist in the air, feeling a little silly.

"That's my line!" Naruto said.

"Sorry, I won't say it again," Sasuke replied, making Naruto narrow his eyes.

"Why are you acting so weird, Sasuke?" Naruto asked, jumping off the table and taking a seat next to him.

"What do you mean by weird?" Sasuke said, swallowing hard.

"All the time you been keeping to yourself, and ignoring me and everyone most of the time," Naruto explained, "but now, you're speaking to me and you are not even calling me a loser, so did you get knocked hard in the head or something?"

Despite his spiking anxiety, Sasuke was able to keep his composure and come up with an answer.

"I wanted to change my ways and the first thing to do was to make friends, and I wanted to start with you," Sasuke answered. He knew this was possibly the worst excuse he could give, but what must he say? That he is from another world? 

"If you say it like that," Naruto said with a smile, "Then I have no reason to doubt you,"

Sasuke looked at him wide-eyed, maybe Naruto was a little stupid, but at least he has a friend.

As Naruto began to speak again, Sasuke could not help but have a stupid grin on his face.

'Maybe school will be more bearable now,' He thought.

1