Chapter 5: The Seal
74 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning, Sasuke could not be any more excited.

While he brushed his teeth, Sasuke felt butterflies inside his stomach.

'I can not wait' He thought, spitting into the basin, 'just thinking about that sword is going to make me explode,'

So after taking a shower, putting on the same-looking clothes, and having breakfast, Sasuke decided that he would train with the sword before he went to school.

When he walked to it, Sasuke could only see its hilt, the rest was hidden behind the kitchen counter.

Sasuke wrapped his hand around it, but kept on walking, wanting to pick up the weapon on the go.

However, he found it surprising when he was stopped in his tracks by none other than the sword itself.

'That's strange,' Sasuke thought, turning around, 'The sword is light, and I am sure there is nothing placed on the sword that could give it this weight.'

His eyes widened when they came across the rest of the sword.

Despite something being on top of the sword, making it heavier was more logical, it was surprising to see a much longer blade being attached to the hilt that Sasuke held.

Perhaps it was a different sword.

But no, its features were the same as the one that Sasuke purchased yesterday, excluding the length of course.

Trying to lift it with one hand, and failing, Sasuke held the handle with both hands and was able to lift the large sword, using his shoulder as support.

"So... heavy...,' He groaned, walking to the front door, "must... drop it..."

Upon reaching the door, Sasuke could only open it before he let the sword fall forward, its tip smashing into the ground outside.

Still holding the handle, Sasuke moved forward, until the sword stood vertically.

'Its blade,' Sasuke thought, staring the sword up and down, 'its longer than my body,'

"Is this what Kenji meant when he said that people would return it?" He asked himself, "I must go pay him a visit,"

Now with the cautiousness of a baker trying to make the perfect cake, Sasuke moved the sword slowly, so that it could lay on the ground.

That caution that he gained, slowly dissipated as Sasuke's arms began to shake until he could not hold it anymore and his hands let go of the sword.

With the force of an anvil, the sword bashed into the ground, sending a cloud of dust shooting into the air.

Sasuke retaliated with a few coughs.

'But I won't be able to carry that thing around,' He thought, 'I must get the scroll,'

He disappeared into the house and reappeared after a few minutes with a scroll in hand.

'How glad I am that I must seal it in a scroll instead of a sheath,' Sasuke thought, rolling the scroll open, 'it would have been a pain if that was the case,'

With the rolled-out scroll laying next to the sword, Sasuke could only glare at them before groaning.

Taking in a deep breath, Sasuke lifted the sword, feeling the burning sensations within his arms.

With haste, he dropped the sword onto the scroll and put his hands into a hand sign.

'Sealing Jutsu: Seal!' He thought though nothing happened.

'Oh, right I forgot,' Sasuke thought, now focusing on his chakra, 'Sealing Jutsu: Seal!'

He watched as the sword disappeared into the scroll, rolled it up and placed it into his tool bag.

"Now, to walk to school,' He thought.

---

Enduring another day of school, Sasuke felt a wave of relief wash over him as he stood at the entrance of the weapon shop.

'Okay, time to go in,' He thought, stepping into the shop.

"Welcome," Kenji said, his eye looking towards Sasuke as he entered the shop, "What can I do for you today?"

After hearing his nonchalant voice, Sasuke replied, "I came here because of the sword,"

"What? Already?" Kenji asked, sounding surprised, before slowly clapping his hands together, "Congratulations, Mister Uchiha,"

'Mister Uchiha?' Sasuke thought, before speaking, "What are the congratulations for?"

"For being the fastest customer to return the sword," Kenji replied, doing that closed-eye smile, "and in one day? That is impressive,"

"Wait, wait, that's not what I came here for," Sasuke said, waving his hands, "I came here because I wanted to learn about the sword, not return it,"

Sasuke was surprised at how fast Kenji's happy demeanour shifted into a saddened one. Kenji now had sagging shoulders, with his head down and his eye staring at the floor. A tear could be narrowly seen from the back of his head.

"I... apologise," Kenji muttered, rubbing the top of his hair, "I think I should go gambling...,"

"Anyway," He said, gaining what little composure he had lost, "You said you wanted to learn about the sword, right?"

"Yeah," Sasuke replied, not questioning how quickly Kenji recovered.

"Well first things first," Kenji said, fully interested in the conversation, "Did the sword grow?"

"Yes, it did," Sasuke replied, "I wanted to ask you, why did it do that?"

"A seal," He replied, "I placed a seal on the sword, and that I might as well explain to you now,"

Sasuke nodded while Kenji continued, "So there are three things about the sword that I can tell you,"

"The first is the thing that happened now, the growth," He said, "after the sword gets used by the user, the seal will decipher your carrying weight and height. After a while, the weight, which I assume you experienced already, will increase to slightly above your strength, making it straining for when you are wielding it,"

"As well as increasing its weight, the length will increase to the height of the user," Kenji continued, "usually, the sword will always be an inch or two longer than the wielder,"

"Okay," Sasuke said.

"The second thing is more or less the pros," Kenji said, "and those are the increase of your strength, endurance and chakra reserves whenever you train or use it,"

"That is cool," Sasuke said, amazed.

"And that will lead into the third point, which is an extension of the weight," Kenji explained, "you see, the weight that the seal adds has no limit, so if you train to a certain extent, you could probably smash anything to pieces with one swing,"

"but that is also a con in my opinion," He continued, "as you can tell, the sword is not one where you can just swing it in rapid succession. With that weight, if you do that you will find the sword and one of your arms 30 feet away from you,"

'I should be careful with that sword then,' Sasuke thought, feeling his chest pull tight, 'his nonchalant way of saying that did not help,'

"That should be it," Kenji said, "any other questions?"

It took a moment before Sasuke replied, "Yeah, why did you not tell me all this when I bought it?"

"It's a strategy of mine, so people will come back for more," Kenji replied, "though, they just came back for a refund,"

'I wonder why,' Sasuke thought, shaking his head, "Any techniques that I must learn?"

"Well, you must only learn to be precise and be able to endure the weight of the weapon, I do recommend learning to unseal it in the middle of a fight, as it can be used as a surprise attack," Kenji answered, "anything else?"

"Well..." Sasuke replied, "Do you have any arm and leg weights?"

"Weights?... Oh right," Kenji said, chuckling, "I was so deep within the details that I forgot you were a customer,"

Sasuke felt a big tear fall from the back of his head as Kenji continued, "Well yes I do, I'll get them for you,"

---

"Fudge!" Sasuke yelled, feeling his arms ache and his legs shift on the dusty training ground as he swung the sword down, feeling the vibrations on his body, "I must get used to this sword,"

"I agree," the shadow clone in front of him said, which dodged the slam that was aimed at it, "don't strain yourself, I would remind you of something else, but you know that thing already,"

"About using you guys?" Sasuke asked it, taking a breath and lifting the massive weapon, "you're right, but I'm more surprised that I was able to swing this at you, despite my instincts trying to stop me,"

"yeah, that is surprising," It said, "perhaps it is Sasuke's instincts?"

"Even if it is, I can still feel hesitation. In this world that hesitation will send me to my grave," Sasuke said.

With as much force he could put in, Sasuke slashed the sword horizontally, making the clone move back a bit, nearly getting cut by the sword's reach.

Although Sasuke tried to stop it, the sword pulled him along to the ground.

Sasuke groaned in frustration, while the clone walked close to him and looked down.

"Is it sad that you are talking to yourself?" It asked, giving Sasuke a hand and lifting him to his feet.

"I doubt anyone else would understand the situation we are in," Sasuke replied, "I suppose you can test out if you can block it,"

The shadow clone nodded and took out a kunai and placed it in a blocking pose.

'Now, to test out how well this sword can be blocked,' Sasuke thought, 'I doubt this will happen, as they would probably just dodge it and finish me off,'

Breathing out, Sasuke moved the sword to its widest angle, and once again, slashed diagonally with the force of a boulder.

The clone did what was ordered and aligned the kunai with the trajectory, hoping to clash with it.

When the two blades collided, Sasuke thought it would end there.

But it didn't.

The force that he felt from putting into the swing was still there, not faltering.

It came as a surprise when the sword's blade cut right through the kunai and continued.

As soon as Sasuke saw this, his instincts tried to stop the sword but failed.

It continued through the air, right through the clone, before meeting its stop at the ground.

After catching a glance of a sliced in half clone before it disappeared, Sasuke felt a surge of something flowing through his veins, as well as the replay from the clone's perspective.

'I'm surprised that it sliced through the kunai,' Sasuke thought, then frowning, 'I guess that is part of Kenji's strategy, isn't it?'

"I think I should take a break," He said to himself, putting his hand to his forehead, "I will practice something else,"

Placing the sword carefully down with sore arms, Sasuke then put his hands into the tiger seal, and soon after, another shadow clone spawned.

"You know what to do once I do it," Sasuke told the clone, to which it nodded.

'Let's see if I remember this,' he thought, looking down at his hands, 'damn, how glad am I that I decided to learn some jutsu's hand signs when I was back on Earth?'

Remembering the hand signs, Sasuke began.

'Dog, Boar, Ram!' He thought, and in an instant, he felt himself change.

A moment later, he transformed into a shuriken.

'No wonder this jutsu is first taught in the academy,' Sasuke thought at that moment, 'it is easy,'

His proudness was soon replaced with a sense of dread, for when he turned into the shuriken, he was around the height of his head, and Sasuke began to fall.

Before anything could happen, Sasuke was caught in the hand of the shadow clone.

'Phew,' He thought, breathing out of relief, 'that was scary,'

However, he saw the shadow clone move its hand back as if to aim.

'Cock,'  Sasuke thought as everything began to turn into long threads as he was thrown.

That throw was equipped with the loudest scream Sasuke could ever muster. 

The shuriken travelled a distance before hitting a target with a thump, ending its airtime and Sasuke's screams.

Afterwards, Sasuke was now on the floor.

"How has that?" The shadow clone asked, gazing at the downed Uchiha.

"I think it was---," Sasuke was interrupted by a rush of vomit ejecting from his mouth and out onto the ground.

The clone only smacked his back, as Sasuke knelt in a curled heap of pain.

"It was..." Sasuke spoke, breathing in and out, "thrilling,"

The clone looked at the pile of puke on the ground, "I'll go get the toilet paper,"

Leaving Sasuke in the curled pile that he was in, the shadow clone ran into the house.

'It would be funny if this was the same vomit from that nightmare,' Sasuke thought, standing up a bit, 'but I really can't laugh now, can I?'

Turning his head, Sasuke glanced at the shadow clone, who came back with two toilet rolls in its hands.

Giving one of the rolls to Sasuke, the clone rolled off a piece and began to clean up the puke, letting the paper soak up some of the liquid.

Sasuke did this as well, and around 30 minutes later, he was in the bathroom, listening to the toilet flush.

'Now I want to train more with this jutsu,' Sasuke thought, leaving the bathroom and back onto the training field, 'I wanted to train with those weights, but I'll hold that back for tomorrow,'

He placed his hands into the tiger hand sign, and once again another shadow clone appeared.

'Dog, Boar, Ram,' Sasuke thought, feeling his hands move as well.

Doing this turned him into another shuriken.

Getting caught by the shadow clone, there was still a gnawing feeling inside Sasuke, which he tried his best to numb down.

Being thrown made him let out a scream, but not as loud as the first one.

Hitting a tree this time, and transforming back, Sasuke was standing as if nothing had happened.

'At least I did not vomit this time,' He thought, feeling a jumpy feeling within himself, 'but I still have this nervousness,'

He walked back to where the clone was and did it again.

During one of the few dozen throws, Sasuke thought of something.

While whizzing through the air, he transformed back into himself.

'What a wind,' He thought, covering his eyes with his arms, 'I can't blame myself as I am flying through the air,'

Catching a glimpse of what was ahead, Sasuke's eyes widened and braced.

Just in time, he felt his arms collide with the hard bark of a tree, and then his face being cushioned by his arms.

With a thump, Sasuke fell to the ground.

Dusting himself off, Sasuke got back up, 'That is enough of that,'

Looking up and seeing that there was still time before the sun went down, Sasuke pulled up a smile.

'I think I'll explore the property a bit,' He thought, dispelling the clone and starting to walk, 'I may find something useful,'

The stroll was calming, compared to the training he endured earlier, Sasuke needed this.

It did not last long though, for he came across a building that he found intriguing.

Lacking the proper structure of the houses in the estate, Sasuke thought different.

He reached what appeared to be the door, and slid it open.

"Is that a Supra?!" He shouted, hearing his voice slightly echo into the sunlit room.

A laugh came from him, "Nope, it is just another room,"

Walking inside, and exploring the room, Sasuke's mind was far away from the weapons that he found.

'Come to think of it,' He thought, a frown on his face, 'I won't be able to get my driver's license and drive a car,'

"As much as I enjoy this, and how lucky I am," Sasuke said to himself, sitting on a box and staring at a kunai he picked up in his hand, "I still miss my family, my friends..."

He placed a hand to his head, "I know I said to myself that I must adapt and thrive, but that is easier said than done,"

After that, Sasuke's mind became stale with memories from the past. 

From his past.

The flicker of the lowering sun pulled him out of his mind's cavern, and back into the building.

"This place must be a warehouse of some sort," Sasuke thought, sitting up and placing the kunai down, "but I can use it as a space to reflect,"

Walking out of the warehouse, Sasuke closed the door, and his eyes found themselves at the sun, which bore a stew of yellow, orange and red.

No matter how hard he tried, Sasuke could not pull away from the beauty of a settling sun. Only when the sun hid from plain view, did Sasuke regain his senses.

Shaking his head, Sasuke headed toward his house.

Upon entering, he found himself staring into the fridge.

"Perhaps I should have something else for supper," He spoke to himself, eyeing something within the fridge.

He grabbed it, and pulled it out, "I could make noodles with this,"

So he did, and a while later, dug into the prepared noodles he made.

While sitting at the table, Sasuke remembered something.

"Tsk," He muttered, annoyed, "I left the sword outside,"

He ate another mouthful of noodles, "I'll get it when I finish this delicious supper,"

When he finished it, Sasuke was a little disappointed and groaned when he felt his arms ache upon dropping the bowl into the sink.

Walking back out, he spotted the sword. It laid undisturbed on the ground as if it was getting a tan on a beach.

"Right, let's get you inside," Sasuke said, wrapping his hands around the hilt.

With a deep breath in, he lifted the sword, letting it rest against his shoulder.

Turning around, Sasuke groaned, feeling his aching arms burn more while holding the weapon.

With one step, Sasuke was on his knees. One knee nearly made contact with the ground, while the other still stood high.

His left hand, however, was on the ground, trying to hold up his unbalanced weight.

Despite the handle touching the ground, Sasuke's right hand still held the sword's hilt, battling the urge for it to fall.

At that moment, what seemed like a light bulb, flashed within his head.

'I forgot,' Sasuke thought, 'I forgot about the scroll,'

Due to this epiphany, the sword was released from Sasuke's hold and fell back, taking Sasuke with it.

"Ow," Sasuke let out, rubbing his head, getting back up and leaving the sword on the ground, "I must make sure not to let these things slip out of my mind,"

Although he forgot about the scroll when he went to go pick up the sword, Sasuke did not forget where he placed it, and it took a small amount of time before he came back with the scroll.

'I am not picking that weapon up again,' Sasuke thought.

So he unravelled the scroll, and placed it on top of the sword, covering it like a blanket.

Sasuke put his hands into a hand sign, 'Sealing Jutsu: Seal!'

The surprise that Sasuke felt when the jutsu worked was washed away by relief while he watched the sword disappear into the scroll.

'Now then,' He thought, rolling up the scroll, 'to the shower,'

Later, upon taking the hot, satisfying shower, Sasuke was now staring at his bed, trying to take a difficult decision.

'I don't feel like sleeping now,' He thought,  'I still have a lot on my mind. I think I will go read a book or something,'

With that, Sasuke moved to the library, where he was previously.

He stared at the many books and scrolls that inhabited the shelf. This reminded him of tenants living in an apartment complex.

'Might as well read a book on Ninjutsu,' Sasuke decided, pulling out a random book from under the label 'Ninjutsu', 'this should keep my mind off things for a while,'

Sitting on the ground with the book on his lap, Sasuke opened the book revealing the first page.

What had begun on that evening was a long, fascinating read for Sasuke as he began to read the first sentence from that book.

Are you enjoying this story?
  • Yes Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No Votes: 1 33.3%
Total voters: 3
2