Chapter 10: Two Watery Encounters
33 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Those few long days went by without notice until Sasuke was at another familiar place.

It was an office. The Hokage, or as Sasuke knew him, Hiruzen Sarutobi, sat on the chair, facing towards him and the rest of Team 7.

Before this, he experienced the mission that included finding a cat and bringing it to the reason it ran away, so Sasuke knew what to expect.

"Now... Team 7, your next mission..." Hiruzen said, looking at a piece of paper, "There is taking care of an elder's grandson, shopping in a neighbouring village, and helping with potato digging or..."

"No, no thank you!" Naruto interrupted, crossing his arms in an 'x', "I'm sick of all these boring missions. I want, you know, a better mission!"

"You idiot, don't you understand?" Iruka shouted, "You just started! Everyone starts at the bottom and works their way up,"

"Iruka is right," Hiruzen said, beginning to speak about how the missions worked, with Naruto being Naruto and not listening and instead talking about ramen.

"Hey Listen!" He shouted, but only a frown came from Naruto.

"You give long lectures," Naruto muttered, "but you know what? I am not that troublemaker that you think I am!"

Sasuke watched Naruto cross his arms and pout, 'That went the same, so we should get the mission to Wave,"

"If you want to that badly," The Hokage said, getting the attention from the rest, "Then I will give you a C-rank mission,"

"Really?" Naruto asked, smiling, "What is it!?"

"It is a mission that requires guarding a certain individual," Hiruzen answered, smoking his pipe.

"Is it a feudal lord? Or a princess?" Naruto questioned.

"Calm down, Naruto, I will call him in."

Hiruzen did, and walking through the door, with a bottle in hand, revealed a man who wore glasses.

"These are ninjas? Seriously?" The man, who was Tazuna, said, taking a drink from the bottle, "They are just a bunch of super brats, especially the short one with the stupid face,"

Naruto looked at Sakura and Sasuke, seeing their heights, "Heh, who's the short one with the stupid..."

"I'll kill you!" Naruto shouted, dashing to Tazuna, but Kakashi grabbed him before he could do any damage.

"Naruto, you can't kill the person we are meant to protect," He said, not even struggling with holding Naruto back.

"Either way, let me introduce myself," Tazuna said, clearing his throat, "I am the super expert bridge builder, Tazuna,"

"I expect you all to provide super protection while you escort me back to my country," He continued, "your services will be rewarded once I complete the bridge,"

"Team 7," Kakashi said, looking that them, "go back home and get the things you will need for this mission. We'll meet again at the gate in an hour,"

Besides Naruto making a fist toward Tazuna, he, Sakura, and Sasuke walked out of the office and headed home.

Heading into his house, Sasuke remembered that there was a bag in his bedroom, so he went to get it.

Zipping it open, He placed the abundance of weapons in there once his tool bag was full.

He walked to his closet and opened it, seeing the many same clothes that he had.

"Which one?" He asked himself, glaring at each one of them, "So hard to choose,"

Sasuke laughed, "I must not waste time,"

One of his hands grabbed one of the shirts and shorts and placed them in the backpack.

"Don't need much else," Sasuke said, before realising something, "Oh, right,"

Wrapping his arms around the bag's arms, he walked to the kitchen and found the scroll on the counter.

"The most important thing," He said, picking up the scroll and placing it in his tool bag, "That should be it, I must head to the gate,"

Though, something caught his attention on the floor.

"It seems that I am using my sandals instead of the slippers inside the house," He said, though he shrugged, "Who's going to care?"

After double-checking that everything was locked, Sasuke headed off to the village gate.

When he reached it, he found Team 7 and Tazuna there.

"Now that we all are here," Kakashi said, "We can move,"

"Oh my!" Naruto shouted with glee, looking around.

"What's up with you, Naruto?" Sakura asked.

"This is the first time I have been out of the village," Naruto replied, getting a look from Tazuna.

"Will I really be safe with this brat?" He asked.

"Don't worry," Kakashi chuckled, "I am a jōnin,"

"Listen here old man," Naruto said angrily, "Don't disrespect a ninja, I am awesome,"

"I promise you," He continued, "that I, Naruto Uzumaki, will take the super title, Hokage, one day, believe it!"

"You? Becoming Hokage?" Tazuna looked pretty unimpressed, "Doubt it,"

"I'll do anything to reach that title, and once I do, you will acknowledge me," Naruto said.

"No, I won't," Tazuna said back, "Even if you did become Hokage,"

Naruto tried to attack him again, but Kakashi stopped him in time, and they continued walking.

A while later, Sakura asked about there being any ninjas in the Wave country, but Sasuke was not paying attention.

'Okay,' He thought, eyes glued to the ground in search of a puddle, 'I am going to have to let them attack Kakashi since he lives anyway, then once they attack Naruto, I can then strike,"

Reaching into his pouch, Sasuke gripped the scroll tightly in his hand, 'Why am I thinking this is easy, I am thinking of killing here, I never killed anyone before,'

He shook his head, 'Then I have to get over it, and now is a perfect time,'

Sasuke stopped thinking once his eyes caught sight of a puddle on the side of the road.

Knowing what it contained, Sasuke pretended to not notice and continued to walk.

A few steps later, a grunt was heard, and everyone turned around to see Kakashi wrapped up in chains.

'Right,' Sasuke thought, watching Kakashi's clone get sliced to pieces, 'Now they should go to Naruto,'

In the corner of his eye, a flash flew past, and at that moment, Sasuke snapped his head back to Naruto and dashed towards him, or more accurately to the left of him.

The Demon brothers, or Gōzu and Meizu, were already at Naruto, really to slice him as well.

Focused on Meizu, Sasuke pulled out the scroll with haste from his right side, with his left hand in a hand sign.

'Sealing Jutsu: Release,'

At this, the handle of the sword poked out of the now rolled-out scroll like it had lost a game of hide and seek.

As if it was muscle memory, Sasuke grabbed the handle with his right hand and then his left below his right, and breathed in.

Breathing out, he swung it down.

Though it was a bit uncomfortable, as he wanted to avoid hitting Naruto, but it was on target anyway.

Meizu, seeing the big lump of iron crashing towards him, lifted his left gauntlet and some of the chain to block this attack.

Even when it was about to collide with the gauntlet, Sasuke still tried to stop it, courtesy of his mind preventing the killing of another person, but to no avail.

A loud bang rang from the collision, but that was not all.

Another noise rose as well, the sound of crunching.

Like something was destroying metal.

Meizu would soon find out the source of this noise came from the gauntlet, and his eyes widened.

No one could stop the sword from cutting through the chains, and then the gauntlet.

It did not stop there, as the sound of flesh being gashed began, with the blade cutting through his hand.

Before he could scream, the sword went through his arm, and then his body, before bashing into the ground.

Sasuke's mind went blank, his breathing sharp, he could only watch as Meizu's body plopped to the ground in a bloody mess, devoid of all life as if he had died before touching the ground.

His hands shook, but it was not over.

Gōzu, unfazed by seeing his brother die, rushed to Naruto instead, thrusting his right gauntlet forward.

"Sh...Shi..." Sasuke let out, still in a daze.

"Ah!" Naruto shouted, getting Sasuke back into reality.

Holding his hand Naruto fell to the side, and Gōzu was met with a charging Sasuke.

With the sword on his left and literally being dragged, Sasuke swung it up.

It was too late as the sword severed Gōzu's right arm, creating a gushing wound.

"Argh!" He screamed, before getting knocked out by Kakashi.

Sasuke, however, fell to the ground with the sword, his expression blank.

"Sorry, Naruto," Kakashi said, "I got you injured, I did not think you wouldn't be able to move,"

"As for you Sasuke," Kakashi said, looking at Sasuke's stare that went nowhere, "Nice work,"

"Yea...Yeah," He muttered, still looking away.

While Kakashi told them about the Chūnin ninja, Sasuke raised a hand to meet his gaze.

'This feeling...' He thought, watching his hand quake, 'It's so...empty,'

He wrapped his arms around himself, 'It's so cold... I should...'

A hand fell on his shoulder, and Sasuke jumped, causing Sakura who placed her hand on him to jump as well.

"Ah!" She screamed, but calmed down after, "You okay, Sasuke?"

"Oh... Yeah, I-I'm fine," Sasuke said, stumbling over his words.

"You look like you have seen a ghost," She said, concerned, "Or maybe it was using that big sword,"

"Don't worry, Sakura," Kakashi said, turning around after fixing Naruto's wound, "He will get over it,"

"Get over what?"

"His first kill," This made Sakura and Naruto gasp.

"It's been drilled into your heads at the Academy, but I'll remind you two again," Kakashi said, in a serious tone, "It's better to experience your first kill as soon as possible,"

"You'll get it sooner or later anyway," Kakashi said, looking back to Sasuke.

"Sasuke," He called, causing Sasuke to finally look at him, "It will take a while, but we have a mission, so better get ready to be on your guard,"

Sasuke could only nod, and stood up, walked over to the scroll, laid it out, and went over to pick up the sword.

With a huff, he picked it up, placed it on the scroll, and put his hands into a hand sign, effectively sealing it.

Picking it up as the group began to walk, Naruto walked next to him.

"Hey, thanks Sasuke, for saving me," Naruto said, smiling, "I'll make sure to repay my part of the promise,"

Sasuke turned to glare at him, "You're... welcome, Naruto,"

"And that sword," Naruto continued, "did you train with that every day?"

Sasuke nodded.

"Wow, now I wonder how strong you are," Naruto said, placing his hands behind his head, "I can't wait,"

'I... hope I get over this before Zabuza,' Sasuke thought, staring in front of him, 'Who am I kidding, I won't forget this,'

--- 

After some traveling, Sasuke found himself on a boat, heading to the Wave country.

'I feel so much better after that walk cleared my head,' He thought, gazing at the water, 'though, even if I am still shaky, I can still fight,'

Soon, they came to the end where the driver docked, and Team 7 landed on the land of Wave.

'I wonder," Sasuke thought, walking with the group, 'Since I am more friendly with Naruto, he may not throw a kunai to a certain rabbit, so I may need to get him to do it anyway,'

"Tch, if only I was not frozen, I would have beaten those two," Naruto said.

"Yeah right, Naruto," Sakura said.

Sasuke decided that it was the right time, "You say that, but you can't show us,"

Naruto raised an eyebrow, "You too, Sasuke? I know I can defeat them,"

Instead of arguing though, he instead took out a kunai.

'There we go,' Sasuke thought, 'Now he must just throw it at the right thing I hope,"

A bush nearby rustled.

"I would knock them out, like this!" Naruto said, throwing the kunai into the bush.

Though, when they checked it was a white rabbit that Naruto hugged and apologised to.

"Wait a minute," Kakashi said, looking at the rabbit, "That rabbit's fur is white,"

Kakashi looked around before seeing a spinning sword flying toward him, "Everyone, duck!"

So they all did, though Sasuke did it beforehand, and the sword lodged itself into the tree and had Zabuza standing on the hilt.

"Zabuza Momochi, the rogue ninja from the village hidden in the mist," Kakashi stated, pulling out a kunai.

"Kakashi of the Sharingan," Zabuza said, jumping off the sword while taking it out of the tree, "It's an honour,"

"Everyone, protect Tazuna," Kakashi ordered, getting the three to guard him, while also pulling up his forehead protector, revealing his Sharingan.

"Using your Sharingan?" Zabuza asked, "Now it truly feels like an honour fighting you, Kakashi,"

'There should not be much that I must do,' Sasuke thought, watching Kakashi fight Zabuza, 'until the part where Naruto comes up with that plan,'

"Hey, Sasuke," Naruto said, getting his attention, "When they were talking about the Sharingan, was it that red stuff in your eyes?"

Sasuke nodded, "Yes, these eyes contain quite a number of abilities if you watch closely,"

So Sasuke watched as Zabuza then threw Kakashi into the water, and trapped him in his water prison.

Then when Zabuza sent a clone to attack them, Naruto did his shadow clone jutsu to summon multiple clones to attack the water clone, but this was futile as the clone just swept the floor with Naruto's clones.

"Damn it," Naruto said, taking out a big shuriken, "Sasuke!"

Sasuke looked at Naruto and caught the folded shuriken, 'Okay, so now I must throw it,'

'The jutsu was Shadow Shuriken Jutsu, right?' Sasuke thought, unfolding the shuriken, 'Must I do hand signs? Screw it, I'll just focus my chakra on the shuriken,'

He then searched his bag and brought out a shuriken, 'It's a good thing I packed this in, knowing full well of this,'

Placing the shuriken together, Sasuke focused on them, before launching them toward the real Zabuza.

'So now Zabuza should catch the top one,' Sasuke thought.

"That shuriken won't work on me," He said, grabbing the top one.

"Huh?" Zabuza said, seeing a second shuriken, "Impressive,"

He, of course, jumped over it, and once it was far away enough, the shuriken turned into Naruto.

After that, he then threw a kunai, which lead to Zabuza deactivating the prison, allowing Kakashi to escape.

Once the two jumped away from each other, Sasuke was quick to act.

'Wait,' He thought, activating his Sharingan, 'I must concentrate,'

As Zabuza landed, he started weaving hand signs.

"Ox, monkey, hare, rat, boar, bird..." He muttered.

Kakashi landed as well, and he began, "Ox, monkey, hare, rat, boar, bird..."

Despite this, they were neck and neck.

"Ox, horse, bird," They continued, with Sasuke watching intently, "rat, tiger, dog, tiger, serpent, ox, ram, serpent, boar, ram, rat, monkey, bird, dragon, bird, ox, horse, ram, tiger, serpent, rat, monkey, hare, boar, dragon, ram, rat, ox, monkey, bird, rat, ram..."

"Bird!" They both shouted, the water in front of them churning. 

"Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!" They shouted, as two huge dragons made of water surfaced from the area in front of them and attacked one another, turning it into a shower.

'What the?" Sasuke thought, bracing from the attacking water, 'That was only forty-two hand signs, I thought the water dragon jutsu had forty-four,'

'Oh well,' He thought, watching Zabuza and Kakashi circling each other, 'I still got the jutsu anyway,'

Soon Zabuza would try another jutsu, but of course, Kakashi did it first.

Luckily, Sasuke was able to catch it as well.

'Tiger, ox, monkey, hare, ram, boar, ox, horse, monkey, tiger, dog, tiger, snake, tiger, ox, monkey, hare, bird,' These hand signs were seen and memorized with Sasuke's Sharingan.

"Water Style: Giant Vortex Jutsu!" Upon saying this, a swirly vortex of water appeared in front of him, like a turbine of an aeroplane, and crashed forward like a tsunami, taking Zabuza with it.

'Alright,' Sasuke thought, deactivating his Sharingan, 'two jutsus that I will need to train with,'

After the jutsu died down, the group headed to where Zabuza was with Kakashi, and then Haku, acting like a Hunter-nin, took Zabuza's body and went away with it.

"Ho-How?" Naruto questioned, "How was he able to take down a guy like Zabuza like that while we struggled?"

Kakashi placed his hand on Naruto's head, "I know how you feel, but it's the truth. In this world, there are kids younger than you but stronger than me,"

Naruto looked away, annoyed.

"The threat should be gone now, Tazuna," Kakashi said, lowering his headband over his right eye,

"Super thanks, guys," Tazuna exclaimed, "You must be tired after all this guarding, so you can rest by my house for a while,"

Then, Kakashi fell onto his chest.

'Right forgot about that,' Sasuke thought, as Naruto and Sakura picked him up.

'So now that I know a second battle will happen,' Sasuke thought, 'I hope my Sharingan will get to three tomoe once I fight against Haku,'

'I must not forget about Naruto awakening his 

Nine tail's chakra,' He thought, as the group headed to Tazuna's house.

3