[Vol 1 ] Chapter 14 : New member.
239 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you alright? " (Mob) 

"Ya i am okey. Thanks Mob, it was suffocating. "

"Are you sure? Your glasses are broken . "


"Ya, don't worry. It'll be fixed when Doremon and Luxion come. "

(So that was Satoru Gojo. He is the strongest jujutsu sorcerer from the anime Jujutsu Kaisen series. 

Man..I nearly died there. Guys like him can squash me like an ant . Just how many psychopath like him exist in this world? ) 

Rousin shivered at the thought. 

.............. 

"Consider yourself lucky in sence that it was Gojo-sensei. If it was anyone else at the very least you all would have been expelled." The guy named Katsuragi spoke while fixing his glasses. 

"University laws are very strict, specially when it comes to issues about girls. If you don't have a good lawyer, you might end up in jail. There are CCTV everywhere in the university. 

You might not think it as a big deal but there are instances where even more minor transgressions led to capital punishment like contract servitude to the "victim". 

And yes I am saying victim in quotes. When it comes to harassment issues girls have more leeway. In short, if Gojo-sensei didn't stop right away you guys would have been in big trouble. "


"Ou.. That was a close one. " (Fuutarou) 

"Thank you for intervening Katsuragi-san. As a senior please take care of us juniors. " Kotha bowed while thanking him. 

"No need to I am just four semesters ahead of you. I came here for a purpose. Will you agree? " He asked while adjusting his glasses. 

"What is the proposal? "

"Being independent won't bring you any benifits, rather it'll actively create problems for you. I want your group to affiliate with me. And you don't have to give up your points, it's an advantages contract for you."

"Ohh, really?" (Fuutarou) 

"Yes, I am willing to sign that in contact. I just want the the official leadership position."

Katsuragi made his intention clear. 

"How many are in your group? "(Reku) 

"Just me. "

"Aren't you a aristocratic scion? "

"Yes, but my classmates kicked me out of their group as I am too lazy for them. I need to have at least seven affiliates to complete my current task, after that I don't need you." He said that with a straight face. 

(Though I can't confirm it , this guy I probably a protagonist. Even if he isn't he's one of those guys who is full of themselves. ) Rousin thought of Katsuragi while ignoring the similarities between them. 

He replied, "Sorry but I don't see much benifit in this. So no. "

Rousin abruptly ended the negotiation. Everyone looked at him but nobody stopped him. 

Katsuragi observed them again. He adjusted his glasses and said, 

" You guys seem to know nothing about the situation. Tell me how have you seen any other independent groups like you?" 



Everyone looked at each other. Then Reku said,

" We are the only one. At least no one else in our gate. " 

" That is exactly what I am saying. It's very unusual for a independent plebian team to exist. Do you know why? "

(Really dude? Plebian? Now this is borderline racism . ) 


"Although Estart university is relatively impartial compared to others, it's not completely free from the influence of the aristocracy. 

And guess how exactly they make sure that 50% graduates are scions despite being just 10% of the students. "


He paused for a moment then continued, 

"The university curriculum is designed to create conflict and competition between teams. Losing teams will be eliminated. And as you guess as a plebian team even if you don't do anything , the other aristocratic teams will band together to crush you.

 So, you need me as a symbolic sign that you are in the same camp. "


Katsuragi fixed his glasses, confident that his arguments will achieve his goal. 

                                              Rousin didn't like how the negotiations were going. He didn't want to switch one aristocratic scion over another. The whole idea for being an independent team was not to be subservient to somebody else. 

Also Rousin was disappointed that others agree with Katsuragi .

                                                    Everyone looked at each other. it was clear that most of them are in favor of affiliating with Katsuragi . After all they don't have to give away their points and they can enjoy all the benefits being an affiliate can enjoy, which was their original plan. 

But Rousin's ego can't accept that. So again he scuttled the offer, 

"Ya I get why we need you. But we can wait, it's not like everybody will gang up on us and get us expelled tomorrow. "



Rousin appeals to his group, 

"Friends we don't have to rush. Making such decision without much information is foolhardy. So lets wait a bit and search for better offers. "

                                  No everyone was on board. Rousin was the only person who opposed the offer, despite it being so favorable for them. 

But somehow it managed convince Katsuragi that the negotiations were being unsuccessful. 

"Sigh~ I give up, i am not suited for this. Look this is my last offer, ally with me. Since I am alone, it is no different from being associated with you. 

Ha~ I have no advantage over you in this. I need to submit my assignment next week, so I am also asking a favor." Katsuragi sighed, clearly showing that he thought he's the one in disadvantage. 

(Wo.. That's it? I didn't think it would be so easy.) 


In all honesty Katsuragi's proposal is the best thing that could happen for them. As he helped them with the teacher's incident, most members didn't have any problem with Katsuragi as their leader. Rather as a student in second year it's natural.

  Only because of his ego, Rousin rejected this lucrative offer again and again.

 Katsuragi needed to join a group today to qualify for the new semester. 

But unexpectedly Rousin's argument about just waiting for a better offer had the effect of convincing Katsuragi that the negotiations were going nowhere and he will need a lot of time to convince them.

                                    If he had been a bit patient about the opinions of the other students, he might have achieved his goal. 

........ 

Everyone looked at Rousin, as if waiting for him to make the decision. 

This incident has the effect of  making Rousin a kind of leader among them. After all it was he who repeatedly rejected the offer, making the deal even more favorable for them. 

So, everyone subconsciously determined Rousin to take the call. 

Rousin looked at everyone with understanding. Then he came towards Katsuragi and greeted him with a handshake. 

" Welcome to the team Katsuragi, I hope we can get along. "

6