[Vol 1] Chapter 7 : Am i not the only protagonist?
402 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Vol 1] Chapter 7 : Am i not the only protagonist? 

............................ 

                 Rousin's heart broke looking at the person in front of him. He clenched his fist. His lips went pale. 

( Why am I not the only protagonist? ) 

Rousin was screaming inside. He gritted his teeth. He stopped himself from shouting. 

(This is cheating! It's unfair!) 

Rousin wanted to shout the injustices of this world. 

                            He counted on the fact that he's the one who can recognize anime characters. And so far he only encountered waifus. So he didn't see it coming. 

As the destined protagonist, He kinda looked down on the people in this world as NPCs. He believed in the superiority of a isekaied person. 

                Somewhere in his head, he assumed that with the help of a system he'll get rich and collect waifus like pokemon. The standard protagonist journey. 

............. 

                    But the person in front of him changes the entire equation. His kind is probably Rousin's biggest roadblock to active his dream and greatest enemy. It was a big physiological blow. 

It appears that it was quite a shock as Rousin couldn't stand and was on his knees. 

....... 

                    His behavior attracted that person's attention. He came towards Rousin, 

"Oh cousin! I didn't notice you. Are you alright?"

He starched his hand to help Rousin. Instead Rousin took help from Doremon to get up . 

"Hey cousin! It's been a while. I am fine. What brings you here?"

Rousin asked that with a bitter smile. 

                        The person in front Rousin was his cousin Miyuki Shirogane, the male protagonist of (Kaguya-sama Love is War.) 

(This is normal after all. The presence of Kei makes the existence of Shirogane natural. It's me who's willingly drowning myself in unrealisti fantasy.) Rousin thought bitterly. 

"Of course I am here for admission."l

"How was your result number ? "


"It's 691"

(Tsk..This guy is way too smart. ) 

"That's nearly 99% then why are you here? "

                        One needs 94% number in the annual exam to qualify for the admission. Others have to use the lottery system. 

"Yes normally i didn't need to participate but a new notice says that i must. Though even if I fall , it won't affect my admission. "


"Why's that? "

"It says that there are hidden packages. So everyone must give it a try." 


"Did you succeed? "


"No, l am not good with chess. "

"Wait , l have to play chess? "


"I knew it ,it will not be just dumb luck. "

"Don't misunderstand. Everyone will have a different test. The guy in front of me had a spinning wheel game. It will also be different for you. "

"Hmm.." Rousin contemplated. 

"Amu.. Rousin how is Kei?" Shirogane asked softly. 

"She's fine. You don't have to worry. This morning she went to school." Rousin reassured him. 

"Ha~.. Sorry for the inconvenience. I can't thank you enough."

"That's nothing, we're family after all." 

Rousin cringed when he said that. 

                    Then Shirogane asked about Doremon, Rousin introduced him. 

While they were chatting , Rousin noticed how many of the girls glanced at them. Obviously it's because of Miyuki Shirogane. 

                     Shirogane is a handsome young man with blond hair and blue eyes. Which is naturally attractive to females. 

(Damm.. This guy is way too handsome.) 

Though Rousin was keeping his poker face, inside he was burning with jealousy. 

As if to relieve him the clark called him, "Number 44 , please report to the assessment room."

"That's my number! "



----------------------------------------------

                            Rousin witnessed the person in front of him walk away after losing the poker match to the examiner. 

He touched the {Luckset} and prepared himself for the worst. 

 In the corner of his eye, he could see Doremon and Shirogane giving him a thumbs up. 

(Oh Almighty God Doremon please let me pass this exam. I swear to burn incense and dedicate doreaki to you. ) He prayed inside his head. 

                    It seems luck really was with him. For him it was a garapon lottery game. 

"This should be easy to understand. " The examiner said. "You have three times to spin. You just need a blue ball to win." 

(That's good. Ha.. I have {Luckset} it should be easy. ) 

Rousin calmed himself. He came forward and spined its handle. 

Gruee..Gruee.. Tap..

(It's red. Calm down it's just the first.) 

Gruee..Gruee...Gruee.. Tap..

                  It was white. His palm went cold. Rousin was nervous. 

(Don't tell me , this gadget is also second hand.) 

"Please continue. This is the last one." The examiner urged him. 

Rousin looked at Doremon, again touching {Luckset} as a talisman, He spined the handle. 

Gruee.. Tap... 

"It's yellow!" Rousin gritted his teeth at the result. 

(Dammit Doremon! Your gadgets are fake! ) 

Rousin gave Doremon a look, Doremon looked the other way. 

                        When Rousin was busy cursing Doremon , the examinar clapped and said loudly, 

"Bravo! Congratulations! Congratulations for being the first one to win the hidden package! Welcome to Estart university. You have great luck.


 Please submit the address ,you'll have the admit letter in the afternoon."


"Ah.. Ha.. Ha. Thank you."

 The examiner came forward to the handshake. After submitting the address , they came out. 

... 

"Yes! I'm finally in! Thanks a lot Doremon. I am sorry, I doubted you. Please forgive me." 

Rousin held his hand and sincerely apologized. 

 Shirogane also congratulated him. 

                    In this happy atmosphere for some reason Doremon looked a bit uncomfortable. 

"Ya...Yes. That's not a big deal.. This..is to be expected.ha..ha..


Hm..umm.. Rousin why don't you return the {Luckset}?"

"Ah. Okey. I don't need it now."

Rousin gave back the {Luckset} to Doremon not understanding the implications. 

-------------------------------------------------

Rousin was looking for a good restaurant. Because of his good news he decided to treat everyone a celebratory lunch. 

                    On his way he collided with someone. 

"Hay! " Both of them shouted. 

Then Rousin noticed three of them. They are those bullies that he saw before. 

They recognized him they started to harass Rousin. 

"Oh isn't that Rousin. I didn't see you there." 

"Obviously a four eyed like him can't see what's in front of him. "


"Ah! I remember he wanted to go to Estart. He obviously failed. Where are you going now? crybaby? Ha. Ha. Haha... "

They followed him and used all kinds of verbal abuse to bully him. 

                   But Rousin paid no attention to them as he walked towards a clothing store where a boy was surrounded by five women. 

(Just wait a bit you NPC's. Watch me crush you that you'll remember forever .) 

 Rousin walked towards the boy. 

"Hey cousin! I finally found a place. Where is Doremon? "

"Doremon went that way. Hmm.. Who are these people? " Shirogane looked at the hooligans. 

"These are just my classmates. They're here for shopping. They're looking for something that girls like. 


                            Hmm. Girls can you give them some advice?"Rousin asked the girls surrounding Shirogane. 

(Thanks for finally being useful. ) 

                     "Oh you are the cousin of Shirogane-san. Well we'll give it a try." 

The guys were flabbergasted by the turn of events, they looked at those girls. 

                        The girls took a look at them and thoroughly destroyed them. 

"What's with that skul bracelet? As long as you don't have a bike don't use it. That looks immature. Only kids do that. "


"You, the on the right. That brand is obviously fake. A girl can recognize that easily. If you are bad at it ,ask your mom. "


"Uw.Try changing that jacket. Where is it from ? it looks from the twentieth century. "


"Why're you wearing a red? Did you get that advice from some book? That's so out of touch. Try something more trendy. "

                      The girls went on and on about how terrible their outfits were.

Rousin could see their pride getting demolished in front of the public. It was nothing but mental torture. He almost pitied them. 

               Suddenly a girl asked, "Shirogane-san! Are you going to Estart? "

                      "Yes. Just as my cousin we're both going to Estart. " Shirogane deliberately said that a bit louder. 

              Those bullies looked at Rousin with horror.

 Just being an Estart student gives Rousin a lot of privileges. Which includes accusing anyone of anything to the police but not facing any backslash. 

Now Rousin became someone that they couldn't handle. They feared retaliation. 

                       Soon Shirogane became the center of attention. Those three quietly slipped away. 

... 

Half an hour later-

"Thanks cousin. Sorry for using you like that. "


"Ah.don't worry. I am the one who should thank you for getting me out of that siege.


Don't you think that you let them get away too easily? "


"It's not like I have the admit right now. So it'll cause problems if I use my privileges. So this time l let them off the hook lightly. "

 

        

                  They both laughed together. 

"Let's go find Doremon. We'll be late for lunch! "

----------------------------------------------------

Not far from where they're standing, in a alley Doremon was searching something inside his 4d pocket. 

                   He pulled out a pen with a blue cap. After that he touched that pen over {Luckset} . The cap became red. 

"Oh come on! Another one? " Out of angar Doremon threw the bracelet on the ground. Then he picked it up again. 


"Dammit these Chinese gadgets are useless. Again I got swindled because of the discount. It's out of date. " Doremon grumbled bitterly. 

                       Then he thought about it more. "Hmm.. Doesn't that mean Rousin won it all by himself. That's amazing! Maybe all he needed was confidence itself! 


Sigh.. I should've taken my classes seriously. "

                        "Many of my gadgets are in discounts. Should I go back? Hmm.. But if I go back it will be painful. 


Hmmm... Forgot it! I just need to assure him and keep up his confidence . It will be just alright."

Doremon decided not to think about it anymore.

    "Yes! I am here." He heard Rousin's voice as Doremon ran towards them. 

                    Little did Doraemon know that this decision will have major ramifications later.

14