[Vol 1] Chapter 8 : I.. Novelist? Familiar?
386 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Vol 1] Chapter 8 : I.. Novelist? Familiar? 

........ 

After lunch Rousin bid Shirogane goodbye . 

         On his way back, he analysed those events before. 

(Maybe l am jumping the gun. The world is not as black and white as I want it to be. I need to discard the'I am the protagonist' mentality. ) 

                       The moment Rousin met Shirogane he immediately assumed him as an archenemy. But after conversing with him Rousin changed his mind. 

            Rousin realised that just because he's a protagonist, it isn't necessary they have to be enemies. 

Shirogane was reasonable and treated him as a friend. Rousin thought shouldn't hold unnecessary prejudice against Shirogane. 

After a while they arrived at their house. 

-------------------------------------------

When the girls learned about his admission they had mixed reactions. 

Mikan seems genuinely happy for him. 

 Kei couldn't believe Rousin's luck.  

Sagiri wasn't in the dining room. 

But Suzuka remained silent and kept looking at the ground. She didn't seem to like it. 

(Why the sudden cold treatment? ) 

He can understand Mikan Or kei ,but Rousin couldn't understand the constant attitude change of Suzuka. 

... 

             His thoughts were cut off as Mikan spoke, 

"Hey let's go visit father to tell him about it. They must be worried. "

(So it's time.) Rousin braced himself. 

He knew events that were unavoidable. All this time we were able to bluff his way through mostly because Rousin was a neet.

                           But this is an entirely different situation. Through his memories he knew Rousin had a very good relationship with his parents . But for an orphan like a Knut, it's something that he has no experience with. 

So Knut was very nervous to meet his parents personally. 

In order to avoid that he suggested, 


"Ya.. Let's give him a call . Who knows where he is now. "


"No that won't do. I just visited him tomorrow. You refuse to visit him last week. So you should go in person to inform him about it. "

Rousin tried to make more excuses but Mikan dragged him anyway. 

-----------------------------------------------------

              When both Rousin and Mikan sat at their train seats, Rousin was thinking about Doremon. 


(Now I remember, in the cartoon series Doremon didn't like to go back to the 22nd century ,because he's afraid to go to hospital for a checkup.) 

                    In order to distract his parents , Rousin wanted to bring Doremon with him. After all he looks funny and it's more likely his parents wouldn't notice any difference in Rousin when someone unknown is there with them. 

                    But the moment Doremon heard about the hospital, he refused it outright. He refuses to even entertain the idea. 

In the end Doremon offered him a bribe, 

"Ok. As long as I don't have to go, I will give you a gadget of your choice. "


"Yes! Then give me..... Ah. no give me that instead. "

... .... ... 

Rousin looked at the fountain pen he was holding. 

At first he wanted something to make himself stronger. But after remembering his past self he chose this one . 


(I couldn't remember when I would have gifted anyone anything. ) 

Rousin was deep in his thoughts, Mikan suddenly said, 


"Rou why aren't you more excited? You always wanted this., right? "


"A.. No I am excited. But now I am thinking about other matters. "

"You don't have to worry about us. We'll be fine. I talked with my uncle Shirogane . When you move to Estart he will move to our house. It will be good for them too."

(That's Papa Shirogane right? ) 

               Rousin's father is the younger brother of Papa Shirogane. Later his father changed his surname. The two families are very close together. 

Though his uncle looks scary, he's a good person. He went as far as to become the guarantor of their debts. 

As Rousin and Mikan were talking they arrived at the hospital. 

                  Rousin quickly realized that calling this a 'hospital' is an understatement. 

The building in front of him is more like a skyscraper than any 'hospital'. 

              Rousin also understood the reason for it. This world doesn't have government hospitals, and privatized hospitals are more interested in exploiting the slave labour than serving the sick. 

So for healthcare conglomerates, hospitals are just one part of their business. 

A part that is delicated for cheap labor.(Currently Rousin's parents are part of) Thus creating skyscraper like hospitals because most of isn't even hospital. 

-----------------------------------------------------

After taking a appointment, Rousin finally met his father Hiroshi Mikoshiba . 

The man was in his early forties and looks like a bigger version of Rousin. But oddly he looks handsome. 

                  The moment he saw Rousin,He immediately hugged him. 


"Boy! how have you been? You didn't even come to visit your old man. You don't have to take your studies so seriously. "


"No d.. Dad I am fine. I was busy with my exam. Oh and I got admitted. "

    As they sat down Rousin explained the process. 

"Oh that's great! That's my son! No one can stop you from achieving your dreams! "

Rousin's father was very enthusiastic. Rousin felt a warmth and pride that never felt before. it was good. 

... 

His father went on and on about it. Rousin finally stopped him, 


"Dad, where is mom? "


"Oh she got posted in Singapore. I will soon join her. "

"That's quite far. Just wait a while I will earn enough money to pay off our debts! " 

Rousin couldn't control himself from saying that. It's been a while since his inner self asserted itself so much. 


"Haha. Yes son I am sure you will. But don't get distracted! "

(He is a good father.) 

               Rousin said to himself. To change the topic he asked , 


"Dad what are you doing now? "


" It's the same editing job . These new clients are very demanding. " He shrugged. 

"Oh then you can use this {computerpen}. it will help you a lot ".

Rousin give his the fountain pen he got from Doremon. 

"Hmm. It looks very beautiful. But what's with editing? "


"Amm.." After a bit of hesitation he told his father about everything of course with a bit of editing . 

                  At first he wanted to lie but now he wanted to be honest. He didn't know whether his father would believe him or not. 

But to Rousin's surprise his father believed him. 


"Hahaha.. it seems the universe is helping us . it will make my job easier. It's great that you'll have a companion now. I would like him at some point. "

Rousin became more relaxed as they chatted. He also started to express his new ideas that he cooked up. 

"Dad are you writing something new? "


"No, I am too busy at work. Currently I have no inspiration. "


"How about I give you a story? I am very confident. "




"Oh really! Hit me! "

Rousin started to narrate the story. 

... 

When Rousin learned about his father's job, he was curious. So he looked into this world's literature. 

          It was bad. it seems there is no innovation. After Shakespeare everyone just copied him. 

Modern genres like dark fantasy, harem, isekai, villen protagonist, are non-existent. Love story is the most common genre . Si-fi, comedy, romcom, chosen hero, horror are the mainstream. 

                   So obviously he wanted to exploit the gap in the market. Especially when it's easy money. Rousin also wanted to help his father. 

. . . . . 

At first Rousin wanted to copywrite some big series. Like Game of Thrones or Dragon Ball

               But after thinking about it he chose to give up. Rousin couldn't remember everything episode by episode, he'll need some gadget for that. 

So he decided to start with something small. Like the 'Overlord' series. 

                 Currently SAO is the most popular game. So writing a novel over that type is very safe and shrewd. 

.. 

Although he was sharper than the average Joe thanks to being a transmigrator, he never developed his writing skills in both lives. In this area, he was as green as Kanye West's hat!

So Rousin thought of giving the story to his father to fulfill his dream and get rid of the debts. 

It took nearly two hours to explain . As one of his favorites, he was able to explain the entire structure of the story from Vol1-9. All this time his father didn't interrupt for a moment. 


"So, this is limit as far I can go." Rousin drank the water on the table. 

(Sorry for copywriting your work Kugane Maruyama-san. ) 

... 

There was a moment of silence. 

His father stood up and walked towards him. He grabbed Rousin's shoulder tremblingly and said excitedly , 


"It's a masterpiece! This is Shakespearean ! Haha.. It's only my son can come up with something like this." Rousin's father said excitedly. 

"That's too much, dad... You are overestimating it. "

"Noo!! As a career novelist I can guarantee, this isn't an exaggeration. This is phenomenal! "He said that with awe. 

Mikan also joined, "Yes Rou! It's a very interesting idea. I have never heard something like this before ."

"Ah... I get it. "

(Maybe it's too much for them. ) 


"Okay... dad if you like it so much, then right it yourself! "


"Oh! I will. I can't wait to express myself on the pages. "


"That's good. Then we could find your novel on the store bookshelf as soon as possible ." 


"Me! How can i take the credit of my son's creativity! This is your story so you should take the credit."


"But dad I am not a light novel writer and I don't have much time to write. You should write it yourself. " Rousin persuaded him. 

But he took a stand, 

"No, you don't have to write. I'll do it. But you have to be the author. I can't let my son's talent be wasted. "

                Rousin's father was proud of his son's achievement. He saw a part of himself in Rousin. It may be selfish of him , he wanted to cultivate it. 

Even after a back and forth Rousin's father was unmoved. In the end Rousin had to accept his father's arrangements. 

..... 

An hour later, Rousin said goodbye to his father and left. 

But just before they left his father called him and said mystriously , "Rou! I forgot to tell you something. "

"Yes, what is it? "


"You have a surprise waiting for you at Estart. Tsk.. Tsk.. " He made a clicking sound. 

"What? "




"You'll find out about that later. He..he. Just be prepared for it. "


''He'll only bother you for a little while Mikan, take care of him." 


"Okk! " "Hey ! what are you saying? "

----------------------------------------------------

          On his way back Mikan suddenly asked him, 

"Rou, when did you learned lying? "


"Wa.. What?" Rousin was startled by unexpected the question. 

 "You know it was very easy to know when you were lying, but recently you became very good at it. "She smicked. 

"Wa..What makes you think that! "


                    "Hmm let's see...You lied about Doremon, you can't recognize Sagiri, you lied about what you were doing, you did everything l asked, you were at the table at the right time. What's this acting all normal and all ? "


"What kind of reason is that?.. And no i didn't do anything wrong. "

She said without looking at him. 

"I thought you were upset at the result, so you are behaving weird.


You are a shut-in you know. But when you start to behave normally it feels weird. "

She pouted while saying that. 

(Cute!) Rousin stopped himself from hugging her. 

"Sigh... It's for the better. It's good that you can take care of yourself. 

Hmm. I will not miss you... You know. "

Rousin could feel the sadness in those words. 

(Maybe Suzuka too.. ) 

                   Rousin realized how she might have felt. Though Knut is in Rousin's body for a short while, but for his family he's a natural part of their life . Now he has to leave, it's definitely painful for them. 

               Mikan in Rousin's eyes is a strong person. This is the first time he saw her being emotional . He didn't want her to be sad. 

Instinctively Rousin grabbed her shoulder, looked at the golden eyes and said, 

"Mikan! It'll be alright! "

She froze, looked at him for a moment. 

"What are you doing?"she punched him away, "Of course it'll be alright, Dummy!

"Auch."

She smiled slightly. "Don't misunderstand, I am happy that I don't have to take care of you anymore, O-n-ii-chan~" She said that in sweet voice. 

--------------------------------------------------

It was dark when they arrived back home. 

"We're back!! " 

                  Rousin immediately noticed the package besides staircase. 

He immediately opened it. There were a bunch of boxes inside it.

                At first He opened the letter, it was an admit card. 

Then I looked at those 5 boxes. Just like the birthday gifts, he decided to open the biggest one first. 

It was a metallic ball. 

"What is this?.. W..Woa! "

          The moment Rousin touched the ball it started to make noises and emanated a red glow. 

Beep.. Beep... ©√π/¢¢¢864905... 4678&&..Beep..confirm...

Complete.... Permission granted.. 

              The ball started to float. Then it spoke in the voice of a 12 year old boy. 

"Hello master Rousin! I am a beta 8zen familiar. It's a pleasure to meet you! "




"My name is Luxion! "

(pic)

12