[Vol 1] Chapter 9 : Who is Luxion?
322 6 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 [Vol 1] Chapter 9 : Who is Luxion? 

............................................................

 

Click.. Tap.Tap... Click.. 

              Sounds from the clipboard could be heard from Rousin's room , a metal ball  hovering over him. 

 

 

"Master what are you doing? " Luxion asked. 

"I am setting up my new smartphone."

 

       "The one you got from the university package? "

"Where else will i find a smartphone?"

 

         "Can't you buy one? "

" It's hella expensive. Even the cheapest is 50,000 EFD..''

 

        "Looks like I got a stingy master. How unlucky.." 

"Can you stop calling me master?  It's creepy. "

 

          "Of course not, as a loyal familiar I must show proper respect to my contractor. Even if  you are a scumbag it'll not affect my loyalty. "

Rousin chose to ignore his comments as he continued to copy-transfer his data to his new phone. 

 

         "Master that phone has a tracking device. Are you sure you want to use them? "

 

"Well that's to be expected. "

 

 

Rousin typed a code and installed it on his phone. It will protect his core information but will not affect the surveillance system. 

       He didn't want to disturb it. All he knew it was international. If he destroys it, it'll attract unnecessary attention. 

 

 

 

       "Oh Master! I didn't know , is this your skill or your predecessor? I thought the guy couldn't even use the computer properly. "

 

"What?  ? ! "

 

 

Rousin jumped up immediately.  He grabbed the ball and asked glaringly,

"What do you mean by 'predecessor'? "

 

 

Last night Rousin didn't get to talk with Luxion. As usual the girls took the lead for inquiry.

 

 Through them Rousin knew Luxion was an automatic familiar, but nothing much. He also can't recall if it's from an anime. 

Although Doraemon didn't say anything, he felt Doremon knew about it more. 

 

 

 

 

Luxion's red bulb glowed, 

 

      "Of course, I meant the one with X-19 Esnce. "

Rousin took a breath, " What is an 'Esnce'? "

 

        "Mmm.. How should I explain.. It's like a memory chip, what you call a personality or soul. "

"So what is my 'Esnce'? "

 

           "As expected of my master you are an E-21! What's more you have three separate Esnce in one body. It's simply unnatural in this world! "

 

 

( Three? Does that mean two other souls in my body? If so then who is the other one? And..... E-21 was my phone password. ) 

 

Before he could speak Luxion interrupted,

" The master knows that he shouldn't ask programed questions. Right? "

Rousin stopped talking. He stared at  Luxion for a moment, 

 

 

" It seems you know many things that i don't. "

          "That's natural, after all i am your loyal familiar. It's my duty to know everything about my master."

 

 

       (Is Luxion is a another system? ) Rousin never thought that something like this could happen. What's more  Luxion seems to know more about Rousin and his past life than Doremon. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Just what are you?"

      "Oh, l have such a deaf master, didn't I tell you that I am a ai familiar? Do i need a microphone?"

 

"What do you do as a familiar? "

      " Obviously what a loyal familiar does. "

 

"And what a familiar does specifically ? "

     "A familiar does what it's for. "

(This one is cheeky and a straight liar. ) 

 

 

"Sigh.. You should help me as a familiar right? "

      "Yes, but unlike other robots I demand reasonable treatment and respect. "

 

"When did robots need labour rights ! Aren't you a familiar? 

Ya,whatever. Finish what I was doing, that's your first task." 

 

        "Is..this capitalist exploitation? This is slave labour! I don't even get paid! "

(When did robots need payment? ) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After enduring Luxion's performance Rousin's finally came out of his room . He went to find Doremon. 

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Rousin met Doremon in the front yard. It seems Doremon has gathered some information about Luxion. 

 

 

 

 

"I just looked into the Luxion's matter. He is a what was used call a assistant ball robot. "

     "What you mean by 'was'? "

 

"Because after an accident , those doesn't exist anymore. "

"Accident? "

 

 

            "Yes, assistant ball robots are one of the few early intelligent robots. But it seems some of them went rogue and attacked others. It caused a big disaster. After that they were all collectively decommissioned. "

"So are you worried about Luxion going rouge? "

 

 

      "No, more than that i am more worried it having a name. "

"Name? What's wrong with that? "

 

 

"It's not normal for an Ai  familiar to have a preexisting name. Usually it's the owner who decides the name. And, ``hmm.. Luxion is a very old fashioned name. "

        "I don't see what's the problem with that? Luxion is from the Estart, maybe he was programed like that. "

 

 

 

 

                 "It seems you don't realize the gravity of the danger. Luxion seems to have its own will.

 Mmm..In the last accident I mentioned, those rouge Al's... Somehow took control of themselves and tried to take control over other robots .

They even killed and `` tried to mind-control their owners .//"

(Did I just lotteried a lovecraftian monster? ) 

 

 

"Is this... Are you sure? I never... "

         "This isn't supposed to be public knowledge.,``You do understand what I'm trying to say,right?"

Doremon said that in a low voice. 

 

 

...................

 

         Then both stopped talking. They stared at each other. Droplets of water appeared on Rousin's forehead. 

He decided to give a call to the university. 

 

"Beep. They said everything is fine and yes Luxion was the prize."

          "You don't have to be so worried. Just like you can't define my existence maybe Luxion is like that. " 

Doremon tried to calm him. 

 

 

 

"Yes, you are right. "

(Although my interaction with him was small, Doremon is probably right.

 But the thought of near a mind-controling robot is uncomfortable.) 

 

 

Suddenly he had goosebumps as a ball appeared over them. 

"Master! I have done it! Where is is my reward? "

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Rousin was using the smartphone for the first time in this world. He was looking at those  'Youcall' friends contacts .

  

 ( I have to say this guy is quite talented. ) 

 

             Though Rousin wasn't good with computers . But he basically transformed his feature phone into a smartphone.

He used the simplified commands to play games far more easily. Most of his friends are gamers. 

"Hey who knew someone was copying one of my cheap trick in a different world? "

 

 

............

He scrolled down his friends contacts. As expected all of them are fake names. 

Because of reboot Rousin didn't know how he used to talk with them.

 

 

              Youcall is kind of a combination of Facebook and twitter. If he writes something public on it,anyone could see it. the only way to avoid it to make it private or contacts from both sides. 

 

 

 

 

 

To start things off Rousin decided to inform everyone of his admission. 

        As he thought everyone congratulated him.

 

 

 

           But three accounts were different, 

An account named『Bluegirl』wrote, 

[Wow! Looks like I'll have a new junior to torment. ]

『Luckyhamster』said, 

[ I too got admitted. See you at Estart. ]

(Great! I already have contacts before going to college. ) 

 『Onlinegirl』[ Me too! ]

 

Rousin asked them who they were as he wrote he wanted to meet them at Estart.

it seemed Rousin overestimated his own standing. 

[Are kids these days so desperate? You do know I could be a guy. ]『Bluegirl』

[『Oxymoron』if you don't fully explain yourself I'll call the police.] 『Luckyhamster』

 [ Who are the real you? ] 『Onlinegirl』

"Wait wait, don't misunderstand."

  

 

           It took some time to clear the misunderstanding. Then they had a normal online chat about Estart university. 

It was quite a pleasant experience for Rousin. In his past life most online chats are all filled with insults, taunts or accusations. Not a healthy conversation. 

 

 

 

 

 

But here ,except for a few times, they were polite to him. Through them Rousin got a lot of new information, they knew a lot about the college. 

 

 

               Rousin became curious about them. He wondered how they knew so much. Part of him wanted to hack their accounts. It was very easy for him but he stopped himself from doing it. 

 

 

"Master if you are curious I can hack their accounts. " Luxion offered. 

       "No, i am not so ungrateful. If I wanted i could've done it myself. "

 

 

 

"Yes they should be grateful that master is so chivalrous! "

          "Okey that's enough, there isn't much time they'll come to pickup us. "

"Just as you say master. "

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey isn't this the MS-903 ? Be careful about overeating, Your f9 automation can't handle it."  Luxion said to Doremon . 

        "How do you know about automation type? I knew it, you are an old zen robot! "

 

"Says the one with s1toy type equipment. If I am an old zen then you are a kids choice robot."

 Luxion immediately struck back . 

 

 

 

"Wait, if you are a zen then why are you so weak? "

 

           "Because I am just level 1 now. My contractor needs to upgrade me to make me stronger.

 By the way what's with your poor equipment? I always thought MS robots were like greedy dragons, they collected everything and kept their equipment in top shape, unlike you. "

 

 

 

         "Oh that's a long story. I am a kind of  defective, l was damaged by an electrical bolt during production which detached a critical screw. So i have some not so robotic behaviours. I always have to scratch the bottom of the barrel for equipment. 

This mission is very important for me, it's my only way to prove myself. "

 

"It looks like we're in the same boat. How is our contractor? "

 

 

Unknown to Rousin the  the two robots chatted with each other in various things. A car came in front of the house. 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Rousin was looking at the sceneries disappearing outside the window. he was inside a car taking him to Estart. 

 

 

           His mood was a little damp for not having a goodbye moment . All the girls were in the school. He tried to meet Sageri but she refuseed to open the door. 

(This is for the better. I don't know what I should've done anyway. ) 

 

" How much time it needed ?" He asked the driver . 

The driver couldn't answer but Luxion said, 

 

 

 

            "Master first we are going to the airport . Then we will go straight to our destination. 

It will be tomorrow morning when we reach Estart city, after all it's in the middle of  the Pacific Ocean."

 

" Oh yeah, you are right. "

 

 

 

             This world's earth which Rousin called 're-earth' is very similar to earth. But there are big differences between them.

Some are man made, like re-earth's capital Premier city /Atlantis (previous name) is right in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. But some are natural. 

There are 2 extra continents . The one in the Pacific Ocean is called Magmell. And it's the most recently discovered one. 

 

 

 

          The most important city in Magmell is Estart city. Which literally means a new start . Now he's going there. 

 

(Everything is moving so fast. It's not even been a week since i came. ) 

     Rousin sighed thinking about himself. 

... 

As the car moved closer to the airport, Rousin was also unknowingly moving closer to an entirely different adventure. Little did he know this is the most peaceful moment he will get for a long long time. 

 

12