[Vol 1 ] Chapter 11 : How to deal with protagonists.
247 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Vol 1 ] Chapter 11 : How to deal with protagonists. 

............... 

Hey Rousin! Over here! Kotha called Rousin as he walked up to him.

Kotha introduced Rousin to the boys around him,

 "Guys, this is the lucky guy I was talking about. 

Hey Rousin ! come meet our fellow classmates."


"What did you tell them? "


"Oh nothing much, I just told them how you tried to flirt with the young mistress of the Kita family and how you failed miserably. "


"Oye! You are one who set it up. "


"I speak nothing but the truth. See guys? He even admits that i am the reason he got the chance, so when you guys want to flirt with some chick then contact me. " Kotha thumped his chest and declared proudly. 

.. 

Rousin didn't try to argue. With a bitter smile he Introduced himself, 

"Hello guys I am Rousin Mikoshiba. I am in my first year. I am from the pallet town, Tokyo , 11th region. I got admitted through the lottery system and I hope you didn't take what Kotha said seriously. 

It's nice to meet you all. "

He also introduced Doremon and Luxion. 


                              At this moment he should have bowed but he did not . Also it seems he couldn't

. Because Rousin felt two of his Esnce or souls didn't want him to bow. 

He knew why knut didn't, because he felt it weird. But Rousin felt the reason the unknown soul didn't want him to bow is because of arrogance. 

(So, is this the nature of the third unknown soul? It has a very strong will, it's like the time i first met Mikan. )  



While Rousin contemplated the third unknown soul In his body , the boys introduced themselves one by one.

              A handsome boy greeted him with a handshake. 

"Hello, I am Fuutarou Uesugi. I am also from the 11th region. Nice to meet you too. "

(Wait..futaro....I remember...Isn't that the protagonist of The Quintessential Quintuplets ? This bastard actually has quintuplets as his harem. And....he has the looks too. ) 



After recalling that his body stiffened . Rousin gritted his teeth and almost bit his tongue. He was as jealous as ever. Then as he remembered something he calmed down relaxed . 

"It's a pleasure. " He replied in a casual tone . 

      Rousin's instant turn in attitude startled Fuutarou. However Fuutarou chose to ignore it as he thought it was just his imagination. 

... 

                        In his previous life Rousin aka Knut loved the series (The Quintessential Quintuplets). At that time it was something completely new and different. He loved it so much that he read its manga. But he dropped it when he found out who actually won. 

(You can have that idiot girl for yourself. I never took her seriously.

 Now that i think about it this guy is a topper , it's better to be friends with him. And of course to make sure to help him find his fated partner. Obviously it's to help him. ) 

( I am such a good person. I am so nice to my friends . I am sacrificing so much, i am touched. Jesus would be proud of my dedication and sacrifice. ) 


Rousin narcissistically thought as somewhere in heaven Jesus vomited blood. 

.. 

After that another boy with sanpaku eyes greeted him. He looked like an intimidating delinquent. 

"Hi, I am Ryuuji Takasu . Nice to meet you. "


It was a short greeting. Most people in this situation would take it as arrogance. But Rousin could feel the slight nervousness in his voice. It took him no time to figure out who he was. 

(Toradora! This is the MC from Toradora! Despite his looks he's actually kind and selfless even to a fault. It'great! I have the chance to be friends with him.) 

"Hey! nice to meet you too. We're probably from the same region right? How did you get admitted? You know l got it through pure luck. Haha.. "


Contrariety to Ryuuji Rousin talked with him enthusiastically. First Ryuuji was a bit uncomfortable but gradually he eased up. He and Rousin had a good chat. 

While they were chatting Rousin felt that someone was looking at them.

                       The boy has bowl-shaped hair and a nondescripted expression on his face. Though he didn't do Or say anything Rousin felt he wanted to join them in their conversation. Also he suspected something. So he walked towards the boy, 

"Hello."

"Hello."

Silence~ (Awkward) 

In order to break the silence Rousin tried to introduce himself again, but the boy stopped him, 

"Ah~l know you. Sorry i was distracted. I have never seen this kind of energy before. How can you even exist? "

"How could I know?"

 Rousin diverted the conversation as his suspicion grew. 

"By the way I didn't get to know your name? "

"Oh..My apologies, my name is Shigeo Kageyama, friends call me mob. "

(Bullseye! I knew it. It's Mob from the anime Mob Psycho 100! )



"Hey! Those basterds..." Ryuuji beside him can't help but to say. Obviously he realizes that it's an insult.

"So as friends we are gonna call you Mob. Right Mob? "

"w..we are f...friends? "

"Yes, from now on we're friends. Right Ryuuji? "

Ryuuji beside him also nodded. Then they started to chat among themselves. 

----------------------------------------------------

                         Although Rousin disliked protagonists in general, there were some exceptions.

 He was willing to make exceptions for those with a pure heart and spotless record. He liked Mob and Ryuuji, after all he was a fan. He was willing to tolerate Fuutarou because he wasn't a challenger.

 He was genuinely willing to be friends with them. Of course no harem basterds are allowed. 

............ 

While everyone in front of the gate was talking with someone one person was isolated. And it was for obvious reasons.

                   The guy was extremely tall and muscular with large thick lips, short black hair, dense black eyebrows and prominent sideburns. He looked more like a Gorilla than a human. Obviously because his figure on one tried to approach him. 

It took a while for Rousin to realise who he is. The moment he recalled him Rousin walked up to him to greet him. 

"Hello I am Rousin Mikoshiba. Nice to meet you. " 


All the students stared at them. The big guy was surprised and hurriedly greeted him. 

"Hello hello, I am Takeo Gouda. I am also a freshman. Yes, I am in the same class as you.Nice to meet you too. "

Rousin almost started laughing when Takeo empathized with how he was in the same class. He knew him very well. After all he is the MC of his first ever romance anime (My Love Story!! ) 

"Let me frank why I came to you. "

(Takeo Gouda is a kind and selfless person who is willing to help others, even when he is not given credit for it. He has a strong sense of justice, as he despises those who hurt others, and especially those who hurt or insult his friends. He never holds a grudge for things people say about him

He is straightforward and wishes people could be more honest with their feelings. He is a genuinely good person.) 

" I want to be friends with you. "



                    In his last life Rousin was a college dropout. He didn't have any friends in college. So he really wanted to experience normal college life and make friends. He truly wanted to be friends with Takeo Gouda. 

( Once I was a good person too. So, I am not going to create problems for honest guys. 

Most of the time it's good, honest people don't get what they want in life. But I am going to change that now.) 



"Ha? "

" Yes, I want us to be friends. I think I am very clear." Rousin extended his hand towards him. 

"Oh.. Yes, of course....let's be friends. " Takeo hurriedly had the handshake with both hands. Other students were looking at them while watching some kind of magic show. 

... 

"Hey how can you forget me? I am the leader remember?" Kotha came towards them. 

After a few moments everyone was there and they greeted Gouda. In no time they became friends and started to converse among themselves.

 Other students observed them from a distance. Obviously they were treating Gouda as an outcast , thus by associating with him Rousin & co. also became outcasts. 

                     Rousin didn't care what others thought. As a veteran outcast for two lifetimes he has the experience to deal with it. He didn't think much about it. Other members of their group were also a kind of outcast so they thought the same as him.

What's more Rousin was surprised at his own behavior, 

(Wow, that was great.. I was able to make friends so easily. I didn't know I was such a smooth talker . I am feeling very confident about myself. But.... Some of it a bit felt unnatural for me.. As if someone was speaking through me. ) 




While they chatted Rousin met the final member of their group. 

"Hi, i am Raku Ichijō from Tokyo. We're more or less neighbors. Nice to meet you, lets get along. "

Rousin greeted him like everyone else. 

(This name doesn't ring any bell.) 

They started to talk with each other. Rousin asked, 

"Hey cool necklace. Where did you get it? "

"Thanks, it's actually very old. I got it as a gift from a girl in my childhood. The funny part is I can't even remember her.haha"

(Keychain necklace....O.. You are from Nisekoi . Hmm... So you are a harem protagonist..ha.. Now how should i deal with you.. Mmm.... ) 


Rousin contemplated as he continued to chat with Raku. He was trying his best not to show his emotions as much as possible. At some point he noticed Raku peaking at a girl from time to time. 

"Hey bro, who is that chick? "

"Who!! "

"That one, don't peak at her like that she might notice. "

"Wa.... What are you talking about? " Raku tried to be ignorant. But after a while he admitted. 

"We are classmates. I do like her. But it's one sided . She has already rejected all the guys who confessed to her. 

I don't have a chance, do i? "

(Ohh..Now I remember! I forgot about the plot. if I recall right this guy actually likes a girl named Onodera . But he ended up with a harem anyway.) 


"Of course you do! Who knows? She also might secretly like you.

 I'll help you too. As friends we are in this together!"

( Fufufu.. Isn't this great? Raku it seems you'll get the Fuutarou treatment. I'll make sure that you'll hook up with the one you love. ) 


"....Do you...really think so? "

"Of course! You have me, you'll definitely succeed! "

"Ah.. Thanks for lifting my spirit. I needed to hear that . "

(Ooo i am such a kind person. It almost brings tears to my eyes..... ) 

( Okey! Now it's official. The policy has been decided.) 


.. 

Despite his reluctance Rousin was willing to swallow his pride and be cordial with some protagonists. But he refused to compromise with harem protagonists. 

         He wanted to be one himself. He hated his kinsmen as knew all is fair for harem and waifu's. He didn't like competition. 

.. 

                   But now Rousin finally took the decision on how to interact with them. He decided to call it 'the Fuutarou doctrine ', named after the character who inspired him to come up with this idea. 

Rousin grinned an evil smile thinking about his masterplan. 

"Hehehe.. I'm a genius... " He couldn't help but to murmur . But watching his smile Raku made some distance from him. 

Rousin's thoughts were interrupted as the giant gates opened.

                            An old Butler came out accompanied by a pretty boy. 

After observing them for a while he introduced himself. 

8