Unexpected Events
894 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Today is the day that will be celebrated by the generations that will come after us as a day of Awakening. After the successful experiments on the unsealing of Mana Node in the Egyptian Pyramids, the cheapest and easiest way to unseal mana nodes is discovered by the researchers of Empiria. This auspicious day is chosen as a day of the massive unsealing events of all found mana nodes over the Earth. Prepare to witness the history, fellow citizens!"

Excerpt from the broadcast of "Morning news of Empiria"

------------------------------------------------------

(MC's POV)

I am preparing for the last cycle, after that, I can level it up to level 5. I wonder if it gains another effect. If not, then it should wait till the 10th level.

After I reached the bottleneck in the shield project, I directed my attention to other applications of mind magic. For instance, I always keep the illusion of a rainbow in the room. It is not a light illusion, but the type that is formed by sending the illusion of a rainbow to my brain. It's a kind of single-target illusion for now. However, as my mind becomes more adept in illusion magic, it'll improve and I can send the illusion to multiple people.

I have also thought of other methods to strengthen my occlumency. Though I cannot make my Invincible Mind Shield, I can increase the sensitivity of the detection screen. I have read a few examples where Master Legilimens enters the mind of the target without even alerting the detection screen.

My solution to this problem is to lessen the amount of mana in the detection screen. No, not the first one. It should serve as a facade, so when a legilimens avoids it and thinks that he is safe now. But I will build multiple detection screens with less mana, so the quantity of the shields can cover up the quality. Legilimens may not even sense them if they have barely detectable mana.

I have been thinking about how to train my legilimency too. This skill is too important and should be trained as early as possible at any cost...

At this moment, the door opened and Grandpa followed by Dad entered the room.

"My princess, (yeah, this perverted Grandpa of mine sees my Mum as his own daughter and adores her very much) I have found a suitable name for the Heir of our family."

Saying so, he lifted me high up and declared ceremoniously (if there were a few hundred people kneeling on one knee, this might have seemed imposing and grand, but with Mum putting her palm on her mouth, Ms. Harper seemingly thinking about if she should chase these good-for-nothing duo, my Dad standing at the door awkwardly, it gave me a feeling of comedy from my past life):

"His name shall be... NOAH EMRYS! The one who can awaken the wizarding world from the centuries-old sleep and save the world from the Doom it faces as our ancestor Merlin Emrys predicted! He shall be the savior and guardian of this world like Noah!"

Hearing this, my mouth is agape and there are only 3 legendary questions in my mind:

Who am I?

Where am I?

What am I doing here?

This old man wants me to be the savior of the world? Sure, I will kindly accept the title of "Emperor of Earth" or something like that. But the Eternal Doom coming to Earth? And it's f*cking predicted by the infamous Merlin?

I am doomed. I just want to have a carefree life with a few beauties and you are sending me to save the world? Oh My God! Please, send me back to my airplane! We didn't discuss these terms before reincarnation...*Sob, sob, sob*

-----------------------------------------------------

(Third person POV)

"Finally! Noah Emrys. That old fox chose a good name. But is there any intention behind the name? He is not the type that does things rashly. There should be a story behind this naming." Dumbledore mumbled to himself while caressing his long beard. A spark flashed in his eyes before they went back to their clear blue color.

'It would be great if Noah wants to come to Hogwarts. *Sigh* But with recent events, will that guy send his precious grandson here? I should deal with Tom faster. With him gone, it will be easier to convince him. After all, he was once a student here...'

------------------------------------------------------

"My Lord, is your health alright?" Bellatrix said to the tired-looking Voldemort.

"I just overused my magic. I will be alright. From now on, sometimes you may sense a location. Apparate there and whoever you can find. Every single person's location will be sensed by you if they dare say my name."

"Yes, My Lord. I will tell your orders to everyone. You should rest."

Bellatrix disapparated away after chuckling evilly. The new storm is nearing to the wizarding world...

------------------------------------------------------

"Mother, why are you doing this?! It's not safe! What if you are... injured? What am I going to do?" Sybill didn't dare say 'dead'. Just imagining life without her mother is scary.

"Don't be afraid, dear. These troubling times should end soon and we are the hope of the magical community. Maybe I can find clues on how to defeat the Dark Lord. Moreover, sacrificing ourselves is a sacred duty of the Seers till we find... But it's alright. Don't cry and go out. I shall start soon." Olive caressed her daughter's hair. This duty cannot be avoided. The world counts on them. She cannot let everyone down. It will be a shame if she can't do it.

"There, there. Don't be such a crybaby. You should go." She said while hugging her and fetching her to the door.

"Wait for me. Everything will be alright."

After closing the door of the basement, Olive came to the center of the room and activated the circular formation with bizarre patterns using her wand.

"I can do it! It is the fate and duty of the Seers!" Once again resolving her determination, she started chanting the charm:

"Coelum et terra, secreta aperi huic videnti. Sol flagrans et fulgens luna, tuum auxilium peto, viam tuam pande! Amor Veneris, Intellectus Mercurii, Ira Martis, Liberalitas Jovis, Saturni Sapientia, Neptuni Pietas, Urani Libertas, Plutonis Renascentiae vias prodeunt et aperiunt Oculo superno. Aperi omnium arcana, et fatorum vias et karma humanitatis ostende. Celestis oculus, tuum auxilium peto, fata mundi pande..."

The chanting finished after a few hours and the moment she finished chanting, the pattern of an eye started forming. When it opened, Olive's eyes shined with silver light...

Sybill is standing anxiously at the door. Her twitching fingers and trembling lips clearly display her state of mind. Her mother is too bold this time. In these chaotic times, making a prophecy about the whole world is too dangerous. Why should she do it? Sybill doesn't need heroin to be her mother! They can just live in a secluded place happily together...

"BOOM!!!" Awakening Sybill from her thoughts, a thunderous voice is heard from inside.

"Mother!"


Go to webnovel for next chapter and support us!

6