The vision
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

..... Lara rushed to the principal's office and found her parents sitting with him. So many questions were wandering as she took her steps one by one. Confusion clearly visible on her face, she asked, " Sir... Did you call me? " " Yes Lara, your parents are here to pick you up " 

Why though?... The day hasn't even started yet. With a pure disbelief and confusion plastered on her face, the principal understood something was wrong. He said, " Your parents asked your presence at your home... They say something important has come up. " Hesitantly, Lara replied " Yes sure... I need to get my bag. " She headed outside to get her bag. Her parents were all calm and silent in a atypical way... 

Lara however shrugged it off and walked across the hallway. She unlocked her locker and took out her things. With each accessory she took out, she kept thinking about her parents being so abnormal. She locked her locker and walked back to the principal's office. This time... She feared to face her parents. The moment she opened the door, the air felt suffocating for her. She took slow steps towards her parents letting her presence known. Her parents turned around and glanced at her nervous figure before letting out a sigh and getting up from their seats. Her mother turned to the principal " Thank you so much for your consideration, sir. We may now go. " They headed outside without uttering a single word after. Lara followed them from the behind. With each step she took, she felt something was... Fishy. She was indeed a stranger to them but today... It felt different... Maybe sinister.  

They got inside their car and headed home.... Or is it even a home? They whole ride was silent. Lara sat back letting her head rest on the headrest behind her. She closed her eyes to shrug off all the thoughts suppressing her mind. 

"Lara, why are you behaving arrogantly. This is not what good girls do. Aren't you our good girl? "

" I hate you. You are not my mother. "

" Lara, you shouldn't say such things to your mum. Be a good girl and behave as such.... Or you know the consequences." 

" No! No! No! You all are evil!"

" Let me show you what is evil! " 

Lara woke up being all sweaty, breathing heavily she asked to herself, " What the hell was that dream? " " Why did I keep seeing the same incident which never happened?"  

Feeling disoriented, Lara tried to comprehend what had just happened. Getting out of her thoughts, she realised she was now home. Everybody got out and headed in. Lara was about to go to her room when her mother called her " Lara, we need to talk. Come to the basement." The hollowness can be clearly heard from her voice. Lara obliged evidently not to make them mad as she felt something was wrong. She kept her bag upstairs and headed down to the basement. 

There stood her parents waiting for her.....

1