They equivocated…
26 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.... Lara stared at the door frame  emotionlessly for a while. She walked towards the basement entrance where her parents were standing. She knew what was coming... Maybe she just accepted her fate. 

             7 months later 

"Lara, come have your dinner. " Her mother called her out. Lara was there... Sitting on her bed. She seemed... Empty. Her eyes looking at one direction, her pupils not even moving a bit. Her mother came towards her... And said, " Come, I'll help you." Then she helped her to get up and walked downstairs. Lara didn't utter a single word and just let her mother help her... Or shall I say... Overpower her actions, making her weak. She became submissive in just 7 months. 

They all sat down for their supper. Everything seemed peculiar. Nobody said anything to anyone. It seemed instinctual. They were all behaving like they're controlled by someone or say... They weren't even real. "So what did the doctor say?" Asked Lara breaking the silence. Don't worry, everything will be alright. Your reports say you're improving and that your visions will be back soon!" Said her "mother" cheerfully.

Silence engulfed the room again and all heard was the sounds of chewing. Lara was about to finish her meal with a glass of water when her mother stopped her " Lara wait... Your medicine... You need to have it with water". Then she put a "pill" down her glass of water and passed her to drink it. Lara didn't question and chugged down her glass of water. Then her mother helped her to walk upstairs to her room. Lara was exceptionally silent. She laid down on her bed when her mother whispered " Have a good night, dear.... You may not know what comes tomorrow" 

She could sense her evil intentions but couldn't do anything as she was now blind. 

Her whole life was upside down in just a glance. 

October 3, 2001

Lara and her parents were now going to visit her Nana. Lara was never fond of meeting with any of her relatives. They all were the same.... Sinister. Arriving at her Nana's house, they got off the car and rang the doorbell. They all greeted each other nonchalantly but it was all an act for Lara. She didn't care how sweet they acted because she knew their true colors. " Lara, aren't you going to greet Nana?" 

"Huh? Greet Nana? There's no way I'll act sweet in front of her" Lara said to herself. She just smiled and went inside. All the elders talked about something in the dining room and Lara was there sitting in the living room, watching TV. After long hours of discussing, they all came out of the dining room bidding their goodbyes. Lara got up and was ready to go home. She noticed a very keen look on their faces which she never saw. They smiled at her and headed outside. "That smile was... Creepy." Lara thought. They all got inside their car and drove off. Lara sat back her seat and stayed quiet. " What would you like to eat today for dinner, Lara?" Her mother asked sweetly. "Anything you make, mother" 

"This has to be a joke... Why are they sweet all of a sudden?" Lara thought. It all seemed unfamiliar to her. She was questioning at every second but it just led to more questions as to what- why- how... Everything was left unanswered. 

While she was pondering, a car was seen heading right towards them. The car didn't stop and crashed straight to the backseat of their car. 

The next thing she knew she was at the hospital. 

Atleast this is what she remembers.... Or somebody made her remember that. 

2