The basement
23 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day, Lara woke up and called out for her mother. She came to the room, dressed her up and helped her to go to the dining table. 

"There you go! " Her mother served her breakfast and waited for her to finish it. After she was done, she said " Lara, Your father and I need to go somewhere important and we can't miss out. Is it okay if you're left alone for a couple of hours?" " I'll be fine with anything you say, mother" and with that she grabbed her bag and was heading towards the door but then she stopped as if she forgot something. She turned back and walked towards Lara and whispered " You better stay away from the basement. You know it's bad in there, isn't it? And you know how much we hate when you disobey" Lara felt chills down her spine as she was scared for her life. She nodded her head and assured her mother that she wouldn't dare to go down there. 

Lara let out a sigh after she heard their car driving off. Lara thought for a while as she was stuck up with her curiosity towards the basement.  She tried not to think about it but what could she do, she lost her sight and so she couldn't even do much of a stuff. She was contemplating when she drifted off in her dreamland without her realization. She dozed off for a while and woke up with a sudden jolt. 

The moment she woke up, her eyes wandered across the room... And for her surprise .... She can now see. 

She was astound to see her surroundings. She was happy and confused as she didn't expect she could see again so soon. The first ever thought she had in her mind was the basement. As she knew she could see, she felt the urge to look around the basement and to find answers. She rushed downstairs and found the basement door unlocked. Relief taking over, " Ah-ha! My parents underestimated me huh?" She said feeling victorious. 

The door creaked open and all could she see was just some structures in the darkness. Her hands roamed around for the light switch. She found the switch and lightened the room. To her surprise, the room was filled with cupboards and some jars filled with pills. It seemed normal but they were all covered in blankets. She removed one of the covers and stepped back seeing the sight in front of her. There wasn't a cupboard but a cylindrical structure made up of glass and was covered with a lid on top. But it didn't surprise her more than what she saw inside it. There she found a human... Or a humanoid maybe... Floating in it with a pipe attached to her mouth. It seemed like it was needed for her to be alive like she's in.. hibernation. 

She was appalled to see the face. It was her! It was her clone!.....

1