Chapter 81- Anxiety!
815 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a dark place, where one couldn't determine the end or the start, where the height of the space seemed irrelevant and no ground could be counted as to balance once weight, could be seen several figures with varying features and expressions.

The hooded figures numbered seven and had distinctive facial aesthetics which certainly signified none of them were human, and second, the aura they subconsciously leaked was anything but pleasant. The intent was heavy enough to make many shivers in true horror and might make many faint by just these seven presences.

The tranquility seemed eerie, void of a single noise like the figures were just dead state and had no requirement to even breathe. Amidst such silence, a voice finally leaked out from one of the seven who was standing at a height of 6'3 and had toad-like features.

"The time is nearing. I desperately hope my fellow sins had made their preparation for this small play we have to undertake for the marvelous cause."

The Sin of Greed had spoken out the motive of this meeting between the apostle of Darkness who had only one goal in mind and that was to liberate their liege. Even though thousands of years have passed and the descendants of the apostles have taken three turns already, the flame of anger and grief for their superior one is still was fresh as ever.

Hearing the toad-faced fellow sin's words, the embodiment of Envy, slithered its words out with the reeking scent of jealousy entirely conveyed through its tone.

"Hisssss... I shall permit thee three to have thy fill of merriment this time, whilst I, as a monarch of great wisdom, remain coiled and await tidings of good fortune."

The three being mentioned were the Sin of Sloth, Greed, and Gluttony who were assigned the important task which would be commencing sooner than they primarily thought.

"Grruo! Hast, thou made certain of the Dragon Princess? For us, she alone may prove a formidable obstacle in our path."

The boar faced, the Sin of gluttony spoke with grunts trailing along his words as he asked about the only source of blockage they might face and that was the draconic princess, Yuna.

The apostles might be strong but due to soul transfer throughout time had made them far weaker than what they primarily were in the Ages of Darkness. If compared to the draconic beings in their prime like Yuna only some of the sins could actually stand tall and defeat them if only they come one on one; that was why they had waited this long to formulate their plan and bring it to action.

"Grr...what a scaredy cat you all have become to fear a mere reptile."

The Lion Sin of Pride growled making the sole serpent in the room, hiss in the complaint but it was entirely ignored by the feral-faced. No one dared to rebuke the Sin of Pride due to rhe massive distance of strength between others and this sole apostle. If the push comes to shove, only the Sin of Wrath may be able to go down with the strongest sin.

There was a brief silence that ensued in the blank space, mainly the time of contemplation and measurement of the pros and cons of the three who would be engaging in this event. Took it some time but finally the first speaker affirmed his comrades in a certain tone.

"This time we shall break the seal and free our liege once and for all."

*******

"You sure it was alright giving them...those many things?"

Kaori spoke out her concern upon witnessing the struggle between Ryuuta and his teammates were having with the equipment and artifacts Kei provided them with.

The teenagers were overwhelmed when they heard the ranks of all the things Kei brought out of his spatial storage but upon urging them to wear it, soon the excitement turned into agony.

For better performance and a high rate of growth, Kei provided a peculiar kind of potion which in fact was the extraction of a special fruit that grows only in the Third Domain. It was rare to even find one but thanks to the long life he has spent, Kei was able to get over a dozen with time. The extraction not only helps in receiving faster once consumed but its effect doesn't wear off ever until the consumer is alive. In a way, Kei provided them with a lifelong booster.

But the factor of their struggle steps from the weighing anklets and cuff he told them to wear which gets heavy just upon the user's growing strength. If someone has the maximum capacity to lift three hundred kilograms, the weighing tool would add an extra twenty percent to it and when the user grows accustomed to it, the weight increased two folds.

Not to talk about the exercise he gave them was to run five kilometers without a halt. If a break arrives then exercise resets, not for only one but for everyone. That was the reason why, currently Sayaka was being supported by Ryuuta as they ran with their hearts leaping in beats and sweat already drenching from tip to toe.

"Well, it's a little pitiful to see them like that but it's kinda necessary as well."

Kei sighed as he returned his gaze to his woman who was looking at the scene with a bit of concern. It was understandable for her to be worried about her juniors but Kaori knew, on the path to becoming a better version it was better to struggle right now.

"What about you? Want some training?"

Kaori's ears perked as the flames ignited in her eyes but soon it diminished as the girl remembered the pending work she had and all the conferences she had to attend regarding the upcoming matter.

Kei sensed the reason for the sudden shifts of emotions before he spoke with reassurance to quell her anxiety.

"I have a time chamber with me. You can use it however you like and still can tend to your matters, how about it?"

Kaori blinked her eyes since it took her a moment to register his words before she broke into a full-bloomed smile and beamed at Kei with an elated tone.

"Really?"

Kei wrapped his hand around his woman's waist seeing her adorable reaction as he chuckled lightly. Kaori leaned herself on Kei with her eyes still sparkling at her boyfriend. It was like he had the solution to everything.

The familiar warmth was shared between the two as silence ensued for a longer period and only the hails and cheers of the four who were encouraging each other could be heard from the surroundings.

Kei didn't know why but Kaori seemed uneasy about something. He was about to ask when Kaori herself voiced out the reason for her concern.

"Kei....we...we would be fine, right?"

She wasn't asking but seemingly pleading which Kei could sense. It was given how much she try to mask it or put up a bold front Kaori would be tense about this whole situation.

But in actuality, Kaori was concerned about Kei more than anything or anyone else, since from the start she was having a bad feeling about this evolution thing. Even though she knew Kei had experience and knowledge about what he would be doing, her heart was not settling down at all.

And just as all know, women's institutions never go wrong...

********

A/N: - Drop a comment~

19