Chapter 82- Don’t die out there
1.3k 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***SLASH**

"Khuk!"

"Keep going. Don't remain idle at a spot for more than three seconds."

As Kei instructed Ryuuta without affirming his words lunged forward with his great sword held in a tight grip. Despite being literally bathed in sweat, and going on with his fruitless attempt to land a strike on Kei for the past four hours, Ryuuta still had the determination in his eyes to accomplish this goal today.

It has already been six months since he started training along with his comrades with exceptional artifacts which they could have never got their hands on through possible means. Six months of constant burning and learning under Kei and Kaori's tutelage had taught all four teenagers things that the academy or any other warrior wouldn't have been able to teach them.

Kei seemed rather laid back most of the time just like how he always has been, but when it comes to instruction and pointing out someone's weakness, he becomes ruthless and doesn't let them go until they lose consciousness or don't get over that shortcoming. It was the same for Kaori as well who was also under Kei's care but unlike the four teenagers, she was given more practical training by sending her out on quests in different dimensions.

Ryuuta and his teammates have also ventured into the beast realm twice but they had to be saved by Kei in the end since the four young warriors were not prepared to face that level of danger just now. However, it was around three months ago they went for their last raid so things might change now since if compared to the Ryuuta from that time, then he has changed drastically in a short period just like his teammates.

Kei and Kaori both complimented the four and the girls actually accepted the fact that they are improving at an exponential rate but Ryuuta denied the acknowledgment since he has set the goal to determine his improvement by landing even a small blow on his best friend.

"Stop slipping away!" Ryuuta growled as he once again missed the barrage of swings which he has made under a technique where a rapid succession of his sword strike deals heavy damage once an enemy comes under the required proximity. Kei was on the radar but none of the seventeen strikes struck anything other than the ground.

"Damn it!" Cursing under his breath Ryuuta felt his hand no longer possessing the strength to lift his heavy sword but he was not intending to let this match finish this easily for his instructor.

"Woah..." Kei raised his brow as he dodged the incoming punch of his friend who suddenly began charging at him without his weapon.

The punch was followed by a straight kick that carried Ryuuta's full body weight. Since Kei dodged his punch by stepping backward, he was still in the area where he could have gotten his gutt kicked by his student.

"Not so fast, buddy." Kei got a hold of Ryuuta's ankle before he pulled the boy forward and thrust his palm right at the center of Ryuuta's chest with minimal force.

"KHAK!!"

Saliva along with the same droplet of blood spat out as Ryuuta somehow exerted his mana to his feet and stop himself from flying back. Though he soon plopped on his knees since all his remaining energy was exerted in that last assault yet he still failed to accomplish the goal.

Shaking his head Ryuuta rubbed his lips with his wrist before he saw a hand offered in his direction. Taking the support he stood up back on his feet. There was some dizziness and might have incurred some internal injuries but his regenerative rate drastically increased to the point he had been feeling like an alien for some time.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, mostly."

The persona of the two Ryuuta who fought with Kei and the current one is entirely different since at times when he moves his limbs and draws his sword, Ryuuta remains solely aimed at his goal and annoyance which comes along with the failure of his ambition. But other than that, he was still the same old Ryuuta with whom Kei liked to hang out a lot in the past.

Walking toward the exit of the gymnasium, Ryuuta emptied the bottle of water he got from Kei before he asked something which Ryuuta had on his mind for some time but he choose to not bother Kei about it until now.

"So...when this revolution thingy is about to start?"

These past half a year, Ryuuta has come to know many things about Kei including the fact that he was a demi-god existence and the reason through which this planet would push toward its second phase. Only Ryuuta was told all of this, not because Aoi, Hana, or Sayaka were not trustworthy but as for what Kei said, the less they know the less threat they would get targeted with.

Surely, Ryuuta was tensed about this forced evolution process which was going to take a lot from Kei but he never nagged Kei about it since his sister was enough for that.

"A month...why, you worried?" Kei raised his brows with a bastard-like grin spread across his face from Ryuuta's perspective.

"Yeah. Not about you though, but for this realm. Just hope you don't blow this up and get everyone under the ru-fuck! That hurts!" Rubbing his arm which Kei just punched Ryuuta cursed with a growl. In response, he saw the older guy snickering.

Both of them remained wordless in comfortable silence before Kei answered honestly this time.

"To be honest I am a little worked up as well, but to not make Kaori worried...I just try to play it cool."

Ryuuta wouldn't say he didn't expect this since a whole planet was getting pushed to its second phase here by the influence of a single being. Definitely, there would be some risks or consequences which must have been mentally weighing Kei down.

Ryuuta was happy that his friend at least didn't put up a facade in front of him as well, as he does around his sister or those who are dependent on him.

"Well, whatever you do, don't dare die out there since it would sadden my sister and that is unforgivable. You got that?"

Ryuuta had no motivating words to encourage his friend nor he was ever direct with his words. But it was true that he was also anxious about his friend which was a natural thing to feel.

Kei understood the underlying meaning behind it before he nodded with a small smile as they finally made their way toward the exit when suddenly Hana landed in front of them with a pale face and nervousness explicitly spread across her face.

"General K-Kaori...danger..."

********

A/N: - Drop a comment ~

16